Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Somewhere in Time

Go down 
+20
Svengo
80smetalrocks
7thSaviour
thejokeriv
arttieTHE1manparty
Troublezone
kmorg
Thrasher73
TH Joe
scottmitchell74
SideShowDisaSter
mc666
INVADERS
Lurideath
KissinMaiden
Required Fields
GrandNational
Invader
caniplaywithmadness?
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

Somewhere in Time Empty
PostSubject: Somewhere in Time   Somewhere in Time Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 3:49 pm

what do people think of this album? personally i think its fantastic but it seems to be one quite a few people dismiss. i think de ja vu, loneliness of the long distance runner and espiecially sea of madness are criminally underrated songs. caught somewhere in time, wasted years and stranger in a strange land are also some of my favourite maiden tracks
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

Somewhere in Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time   Somewhere in Time Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 3:52 pm

One of my favorite Iron Maiden albums. But I didn't like it at the start.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Somewhere in Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time   Somewhere in Time Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 4:02 pm

I love this album myself. It never gets the amount of love other albums from the 80's era Maiden do.
Back to top Go down
caniplaywithmadness?
Metal master
Metal master
caniplaywithmadness?

Number of posts : 515

Somewhere in Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time   Somewhere in Time Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 4:08 pm

the artwork is also my favourite maiden artwork. all the references to maiden in it are cool. batmans also standing on one of the buildings Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Somewhere in Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time   Somewhere in Time Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 4:09 pm

I enjoy it, and yes, it has a great album cover.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

Somewhere in Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time   Somewhere in Time Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 4:13 pm

Love it ! My favorite songs on here are Wasted Years,Stranger in a Strange Land, and Heaven Can Wait. I saw them on tour for this release with Yngwie Malmsteen opening. GREAT show !
Back to top Go down
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

Somewhere in Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time   Somewhere in Time Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 4:13 pm

Love it and better then Sevent Son Razz
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

Somewhere in Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time   Somewhere in Time Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 6:40 pm

I like this one a great deal too! Lots of memories with this album!
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

Somewhere in Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time   Somewhere in Time Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 7:27 pm

the cover is class, the music is excellent......

Caught somewhere in time is an awesome track, it's practically border-line speed metal... the solos are f****** awesome

my favourite maiden song is on here... which is alexander the great... which is the greatest maiden song ever....

long live somewhere in time
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

Somewhere in Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time   Somewhere in Time Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 9:03 pm

it's my alltime favorite Iron Maiden.

SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

Somewhere in Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time   Somewhere in Time Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 9:07 pm

One of my all-time favorites.

It's a jumble for the top spot of my Iron Maiden faves. It flops back and forth between Piece Of Mind, Powerslave, and this one.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

Somewhere in Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time   Somewhere in Time Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 10:19 pm

Hey Scott, I think you need to dig this album and give it a proper review on your site Laughing
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Somewhere in Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time   Somewhere in Time Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2007 11:22 pm

I agree Somewhere In Time has fantastic artwork!! Beyond that, this and 7th Son do nothing for me. Easily my least favorite Maiden albums. They seem to go hand in hand stylistically. Everything before these two and most of the stuff after I like.....
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

Somewhere in Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time   Somewhere in Time Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 1:09 am

It's a great album. I like it almost as much as Number of the Beast, Piece of Mind, and Powerslave (those are three of my all-time faves from any band).🤘
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Somewhere in Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time   Somewhere in Time Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 2:10 am

love it,its my second fav.Maiden disc next to Piece of Mind!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Somewhere in Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time   Somewhere in Time Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 4:58 am

always liked it, but it is not my favorite

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Somewhere in Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time   Somewhere in Time Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 8:10 am

My favorite Maiden album
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

Somewhere in Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time   Somewhere in Time Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 8:58 am

I have always listed it in my Top 3 Maiden albums. (of course, always means AFTER it came out...hard to include it before it was released! )

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Somewhere in Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time   Somewhere in Time Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2007 10:49 am

Great album! Piece Of mind is still my fav Madine disc. I love the art work - so much going on in the pic. I can only imagine if Riggs had done the artwork for A Matter Of Life And Death (another GREAT album). Can't wait for the 2008 tour - Powerslave stage, songs from Somewhere In Time
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

Somewhere in Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time   Somewhere in Time Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 1:33 pm

Somewhere In Time is my second fave Maiden CD so far, right after SSOASS. You just can't beat great tunes like Wasted Years, Alexander The Great, Sea Of madness, and Long Distance Runner. 🤘 10/10
Back to top Go down

Somewhere in Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time   Somewhere in Time Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 6:53 pm

Easily one of my favorite Maiden albums! The songwriting is absolutely top-notch and the progressive leanings started on Powerslave jump up a level in maturity. Lonliness Of The Long Distance Runner is just an amazing track (one of my favorites) but really the entire album works beautifully. They were firing on all cylinders on this one.

At the time this came out, both this album and Turbo were catching flak because of the additions of synthesizers, but in hindsight that was a pretty stupid response. SIT melds them into the sound beautifully without taking anything away from the power of the album.

This album and Seventh Son are sister releases and I think some of the Maiden material that stands up the best today.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Somewhere in Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time   Somewhere in Time Icon_minitimeSat Apr 11, 2009 7:12 pm

detuned wrote:
Easily one of my favorite Maiden albums! The songwriting is absolutely top-notch and the progressive leanings started on Powerslave jump up a level in maturity. Lonliness Of The Long Distance Runner is just an amazing track (one of my favorites) but really the entire album works beautifully. They were firing on all cylinders on this one.

At the time this came out, both this album and Turbo were catching flak because of the additions of synthesizers, but in hindsight that was a pretty stupid response. SIT melds them into the sound beautifully without taking anything away from the power of the album.

This album and Seventh Son are sister releases and I think some of the Maiden material that stands up the best today.
Agreed! Both CDs kick butt! 🤘
Back to top Go down
80smetalrocks
Metal student
Metal student
80smetalrocks

Number of posts : 101

Somewhere in Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time   Somewhere in Time Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 2:28 pm

Ill always love this album.
Back to top Go down
Svengo
Metal master
Metal master
Svengo

Number of posts : 967

Somewhere in Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time   Somewhere in Time Icon_minitimeSun Apr 12, 2009 9:23 pm

This was the first Maiden album I'd bought and I loved it then and still love it now.
It's my favorite followed by Seventh Son and Piece of Mind.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Somewhere in Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time   Somewhere in Time Icon_minitimeMon Apr 13, 2009 8:31 am

Svengo wrote:
This was the first Maiden album I'd bought and I loved it then and still love it now.
It's my favorite followed by Seventh Son and Piece of Mind.
1.SSOASS
2.SIT
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Somewhere in Time Empty
PostSubject: Re: Somewhere in Time   Somewhere in Time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Somewhere in Time
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next