Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

How Rare...

Go down 
+5
sovdat
ensiferum2k
kmorg
Thrasher73
SideShowDisaSter
9 posters
AuthorMessage

How Rare... Empty
PostSubject: How Rare...   How Rare... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 7:44 pm

I always have questions about rare albums that I come across. A lot of them I already own, some I don't like, and others I just have never heard before. But I'm always wondering if these would be worth picking up to sell on eBay or something. So if you don't mind, I'll keep bumping this thread over time.

Tonight I came across an original copy of Vio-Lence's Torture Tactics EP on CD. It was $11.99, looked to be in great condition. I was wondering how rare this is. I see a tape copy for $45 (AU) on eBay now, but I have nothing else to go buy.

So how rare is it? Think it would sell for more than $11.99?
Back to top Go down

How Rare... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Rare...   How Rare... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 8:47 pm

If it's the first press, you'll get a few bucks more than $12. I think I sold one about a year ago for $20, but that was after the re-issue. There is a couple on Amazon starting at $40.

Great freakin' album, btw!!
Back to top Go down

How Rare... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Rare...   How Rare... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 9:53 pm

Thanks, bro. Not sure if $20 is profit enough if I pay $11.99, though.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

How Rare... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Rare...   How Rare... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 10:22 pm

How about I pay you the $11.99 and whatever it costs to ship it to me and you hook a brother up? growl

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

How Rare... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Rare...   How Rare... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 12:54 am

Some crazy person sent me a copy of this through Lala a few months ago
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

How Rare... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Rare...   How Rare... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 12:12 pm

I think I found a rare one today too:

http://cgi.ebay.com/TORQUE-Torque-CD-Rare-ORI-1996-Mascot-records_W0QQitemZ190138915590QQihZ009QQcategoryZ307QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQ_trksidZp1638.m118.l1247QQcmdZViewItem

Anyone know what this usually goes for?

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ensiferum2k

Number of posts : 340

How Rare... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Rare...   How Rare... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 05, 2008 3:30 pm

My favorite amazon seller had it for 12 dollars a couple of months ago, but i decided not to get it cause it's already on their 2nd album's reissue. Its not remastered either.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

How Rare... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Rare...   How Rare... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 5:21 am

The weird thing is that when I post my find, I didn't even know it was Vio-lence related! What a strange coincidence!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

How Rare... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Rare...   How Rare... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 6:23 am

Torture Tactics - I was bidding on a tape once on ebay, and then someone contacted me and said that he has a CD for sell and he can sell it to me for twice as much as the tape was. So I got it for $6; it was a radio promo though (same as the real one, but had few marks with pencil on it).

Torque - I bough mine for 8 eur, and I traded it with Saxon, I believe that he sold it for $15 or $20? That's about the average price for it I believe, I think that thallos81 had a starting bid at $24.99, and he usually doesn't get much more (although it went for $55 or so once). Too bad that the album isn't very good.
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

How Rare... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Rare...   How Rare... Icon_minitimeSun Apr 06, 2008 9:52 am

I have a Witchfinder General - Death Penalty vinyl (payed a good £40 for it, like).

It's strange too because the tracklisting is slightly wrong. 'Free Country' and 'Invisible Hate'are listed in the wrong order.
Back to top Go down

How Rare... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Rare...   How Rare... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 8:06 pm

How rare are these:

Cats In Boots - Kicked & Klawed
Deliverance - The Ultimate Revenge
Forced Entry - Uncertain Future/The Shore (Reissue)
Lethal - Your Favorite God (w/1 Bonus Tracks)
The Dogs D'Amour - Straight (w/2 Bonus Tracks)
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

How Rare... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Rare...   How Rare... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 8:07 pm

The DOGS D'AMOUR cd is fairly rare...and totall killer...

CATS IN BOOTS is o.o.p. sleaze and killer as well....

Buy 'em...you'll love 'em...

How Rare... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Rare...   How Rare... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 8:10 pm

Shiney wrote:
The DOGS D'AMOUR cd is fairly rare...and totall killer...

CATS IN BOOTS is o.o.p. sleaze and killer as well....

Buy 'em...you'll love 'em...
Yeah, I dig Cats In Boots. Dogs D'Amour, not so much.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

How Rare... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Rare...   How Rare... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 8:45 pm

I tried doing this a couple times and ended up not getting as much as other people did on ebay. Most recently I found Uncle Slam for $1.99 at FYE used and I saw it sell for like $25 on ebay. So I figured that would be great if I could make some money on it. So I put it up on ebay starting at $5 and thats all it went for. The guy who bought it was from France so I made a little money off of the shipping but still it wasnt really worth the trouble. I made more money selling off a couple of bootlegs which is risky sometimes.
Back to top Go down

How Rare... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Rare...   How Rare... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 8:55 pm

I'm not really looking to sell those I just listed, though. Maybe Deliverance, since I don't know if I dig it. Otherwise, they're for me. I was just curious.

It's tough selling on eBay. I once sold a CD for $135; about 20 people were bidding for it. The next week I sold a second copy. It sold for $27. Haha. Then you take a CD like that promo EP from Tarja Turunen that Locky sent me for free. I have the original version of the EP, so I figured I'd sell the promo for a few bucks and maybe buy a cheap CD with the earnings. It sold for $95! Haha. There's no telling sometimes.

I might be selling a Skyclad disc right now for $2. Haha.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

How Rare... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Rare...   How Rare... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 9:46 pm

oooh which skyclad? Ive been wanting to get their albums

wow you got that much for a Tarja promo? damn! I got her album a couple weeks ago still havent really listened to it all the way through yet I wasnt liking it too much. Only reason why I bought it was cause I was listening to old Nightwish and I was missing her voice.
Back to top Go down

How Rare... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Rare...   How Rare... Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 10:19 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
oooh which skyclad? Ive been wanting to get their albums
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=190226338445&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=009
Back to top Go down

How Rare... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Rare...   How Rare... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 5:43 pm

Hey Eyesore,

how many items are you selling at this moment ? I ask because when I look at "Sellers other items" there is only one CD showing up (Moonspell) not even Skyclad is showing in that section yet you have it set to worldwide.....
Back to top Go down

How Rare... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Rare...   How Rare... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 7:17 pm

Locky wrote:
Hey Eyesore,

how many items are you selling at this moment ? I ask because when I look at "Sellers other items" there is only one CD showing up (Moonspell) not even Skyclad is showing in that section yet you have it set to worldwide.....
They all ended yesterday. I was just selling a few. Three sold, three didn't. $31.94. Whoohoo! Pffft!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

How Rare... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Rare...   How Rare... Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 10:30 pm

kmorg wrote:
The weird thing is that when I post my find, I didn't even know it was Vio-lence related! What a strange coincidence!

Very strange.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

How Rare... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Rare...   How Rare... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 12:30 am

How rare is the CD version of Hallow's Eve's Monument?
Back to top Go down
ensiferum2k
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ensiferum2k

How Rare... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Rare...   How Rare... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 2:29 am

Eyesore wrote:

first press goes for 30+(enigma?)
2nd press(I dont think its remastered and it's pretty common) 5-10 (metalblade? i think the cd is all black cept for the lettering)
Back to top Go down
ensiferum2k
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ensiferum2k

How Rare... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Rare...   How Rare... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 2:45 am

furious trauma - primal touch
how much does that go for?
Back to top Go down

How Rare... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Rare...   How Rare... Icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2008 9:32 pm

ensiferum2k wrote:
Eyesore wrote:

first press goes for 30+(enigma?)
2nd press(I dont think its remastered and it's pretty common) 5-10 (metalblade? i think the cd is all black cept for the lettering)
Thanks. I don't know which pressing it is; I just saw it the other day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

How Rare... Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Rare...   How Rare... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How Rare...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: