Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bands you have Personally Overplayed

Go down 
+17
powermacho
White_Mage
the sentinel
jstate
Stender
SAHB Healer
kmorg
iamrockerfun
caniplaywithmadness?
Thrasher73
DallasBlack
scottmitchell74
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
Chairman_Smith
mc666
21 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Bands you have Personally Overplayed - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bands you have Personally Overplayed   Bands you have Personally Overplayed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 12:06 am

powermacho wrote:
White_Mage wrote:
I'll get burnt out on bands and I'll ignore them for a while but then usually after a while I'll fall back in love with those artists or albums. what I really don't like is when you just can't find anything to listen to like when your on a really long road trip and you've played so much music your not really in the mood to listen to it anymore but you don't wanna drive in silence so you just search through and through but nothing really sounds good to you

lol! I think it has happened to everyone of us sometime, and it is really frustrating.

Almost everyday with me.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Bands you have Personally Overplayed   Bands you have Personally Overplayed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 12:20 am

I have been feeling a little burned out on metal as a whole lately. This normally happens 2 -3 times a year so i dont worry about it. I hit the classic rock/80s music for a week or so and then everything will be right with the world again... This time though I am throwing in some psychedelic music Smile

Alex

SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Bands you have Personally Overplayed   Bands you have Personally Overplayed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 2:33 am

I think I've learned when to put them away before the burnout happens...right now BOC "Spectres"; UFO "Lights Out", and Trower's "Long Misty Days" are just resting a little. I think They'll be fine in a year or so.
Back to top Go down
HellRaiser
Metal student
Metal student
HellRaiser

Number of posts : 242

PostSubject: Re: Bands you have Personally Overplayed   Bands you have Personally Overplayed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 2:46 am

When I first got Motley Crue's 'Dr. Feelgood' I played the holy hell out of it. I haven't listened to it in years now.

Might be due for a re-playing soon.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Bands you have Personally Overplayed   Bands you have Personally Overplayed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 4:54 am

I used to listen to Van Halen's Unchained over and over again. Mainly the beginng when the bass enters, and makes it super-heavy. I'd just play it over and over again. Good times.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Bands you have Personally Overplayed   Bands you have Personally Overplayed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 10:20 pm

exact33 wrote:
I have been feeling a little burned out on metal as a whole lately. This normally happens 2 -3 times a year so i dont worry about it. I hit the classic rock/80s music for a week or so and then everything will be right with the world again... This time though I am throwing in some psychedelic music Smile

Alex

That's kind of what I am going through right now. I am listening to a lot less heavy stuff like Petty and Seger; Heart and Journey; and Joe Lynn Turner era Rainbow. Nothing psychedelic though right now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Bands you have Personally Overplayed   Bands you have Personally Overplayed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 10:21 pm

I could survive the rest of my life with JLT era Rainbow. I love that stuff!
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Bands you have Personally Overplayed   Bands you have Personally Overplayed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 12:45 am

I have a trick under my sleeve. What I usually do is to listen a style of music as priority for some time, and it gives me the oportunity to discover more bands. But I just feel like listening to a specific style of music, and then put those bands on my mp3, and when I go home I go back to my Judas Priest and Savatage album Smile . Last time it was progressive rock, and I got to know NEKTAR, ELP, King Crimson, Ayreon, and Yes. Now I have been listening to some SPeed metal and early power metal, and I discovered so far Helstar, and Anvil
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Bands you have Personally Overplayed   Bands you have Personally Overplayed - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 1:49 am

That happened to me as well sometimes. Then I stop listen to them for 2 or 3 years, and after that I rediscover them again and like them again. It is great to rediscover a band again. This happened to me with Saxon, Scorpions and Accept.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bands you have Personally Overplayed   Bands you have Personally Overplayed - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bands you have Personally Overplayed
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2