Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!

Go down 
+24
powermacho
mr.electric39
jstate
Shiney
franang
krokus
Olafsto
kmorg
Lurideath
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
Invader
EvyMetal
Stender
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Tall Tyrion
ThrashedOutCobra33
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
mc666
ultmetal
DeathCult
tohostudios
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Glenn Rogers
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Glenn Rogers

Number of posts : 1069

SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 11:36 am

Saxon still rule in Europe....Saxox ,and Maiden are in my top 5...I love the new stuff as well...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/finaldecreeofficial/

PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 4:22 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
What's "Cack". Ah, don't answer that.

Don't listen to Shiney, he's talking through his Bollox, cack here means Shite.

spectrefate wrote:
The only thing I care to hear about Ozzy is his obituary.

Terrible thing to say, what would we do without them TV adverts he does for BUTTER ?
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 1:57 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I have yet to hear much Saxon (I'm still trying to find some of their CDs used) but with what I've heard (a few NWOBHM songs, a few hard rock songs, and one modern power metal song) they are right up my street.

Wednesday I got The Best Of Saxon (from 1991) and to answer the question of them sucking? HELL NO!!!!! That was some great music right there and I will definatly search out their older albums (still have to hear some samples of the later stuff). I can see why their material is considered classic and highly underrated. I rate them a 5! 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 10:07 pm

I may have told you in this thread, start with Crusader and Lionheart.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2008 10:26 pm

SoldierUnderCommand wrote:

Thanks, those two shall be my next Saxon purchases.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 3:06 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
SoldierUnderCommand wrote:

Thanks, those two shall be my next Saxon purchases.

Check out Heavy Metal Thunder too. It's the current band (or current at the time of the release anyway) re-recording some of their old classics, giving them more punch and better production without taking anything from the originals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 8:42 pm

Yeah, HMT sounds great compared to the old recordings. My favorite by them is Dogs of War and Inner Sanctum is probably number two.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 10:22 pm

Quote :
My favorite by them is Dogs of War

I've never heard anybody say that before.
Back to top Go down
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2008 10:30 pm

I'm a casual fan, like the classic tunes from their hey day, I really like Lionheart though! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 5:56 am

Saxon were a huge part of the NWOBHM movement -Denim and Leather and Strong Arm of the Law were great albums, though my favourite was probably Crusader (even though that doens't seem to be a popular choice!). I had the gatefold vinyl originally, which was awesome. Lent it to a friend, and never saw it again Sad

You could say I like 'em!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2008 8:26 am

Well, new guy - Crusader is my fav too. And guess who my fav band is? You're not alone here!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3