Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!

Go down 
+24
powermacho
mr.electric39
jstate
Shiney
franang
krokus
Olafsto
kmorg
Lurideath
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
Invader
EvyMetal
Stender
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Tall Tyrion
ThrashedOutCobra33
Required Fields
scottmitchell74
mc666
ultmetal
DeathCult
tohostudios
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 3:52 am

Good band.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 7:57 am

Saxon is the biggest wanker of a.........oh wait,the band?Yeah they're pretty good.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 9:58 am

Well, they're no Nightwish, but I guess they've got some good tunes. The last coupla of Saxon cd's have been really good too.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 10:47 am

I have yet to hear much Saxon (I'm still trying to find some of their CDs used) but with what I've heard (a few NWOBHM songs, a few hard rock songs, and one modern power metal song) they are right up my street.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 12:13 pm

Saxon rules. Went through a weak spell with albums like, Innocence is No Excuse, but came back strong in the mid 90's. I love songs like, Great White Buffalo. And Inner Sanctum is awesome. I like their newer stuff better which is rare for most groups.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 1:40 pm

I like a lot of the Saxon stuff up until a few years ago. I don't care for their new album much, but I do like a lot of their older stuff.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 2:05 pm

You can't write the history of hard rock/metal without "Saxon".Hopefully,Biff will come to his senses and reform the Byford,Dawson,Oliver,Quinn,Gill (or Glocker,i don't give a d^mn who plays the drums) line-up!
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 2:11 pm

They propably do suck, the lot of them!! :defleppard:

PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 2:30 pm

Nope I don't like them, have about a handful of tracks that I'd listen too but that's it, now I do enjoy listening to Biff doing interviews and as a person I think he's cool, but musicaly I never was that interested in them, just like Sabbath.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 3:01 pm

Saxon rules!
One of those bands that has been around since I started listening to metal.
They have never got the respect and sucsess they deserve. With a bit of luck they could have been up there with Maiden.
Crusader was the first album I owned by them, that title track is still one of my favorite songs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 3:04 pm

One of my fave bands ever.
Back to top Go down
franang
Metal novice
Metal novice
franang

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 3:06 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Well, they're no Nightwish, but I guess they've got some good tunes. The last coupla of Saxon cd's have been really good too.

fortunately they don't suck and play gay metal as Nightwish do !!
Saxon is one of the main bands from the 80's NWOBHM, they wrote killer tunes and were a great influence for many cobmos.
Back to top Go down
http://franang.sts.free.fr/

PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 5:01 pm

Locky wrote:
[..]Just like Sabbath

scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 5:52 pm

AceFrehley655 wrote:
Locky wrote:
[..]Just like Sabbath

scratch

Scratch your head all you want but I feel nothing for Sabbath, never have and never will. I didn't listen to them growing up and now it bores me to listen to anything by them.

ooops, I lie, Dehumanizer w/Dio was enjoyable but everything else is cack.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 6:40 pm

Locky wrote:
AceFrehley655 wrote:
Locky wrote:
[..]Just like Sabbath

scratch

Scratch your head all you want but I feel nothing for Sabbath, never have and never will. I didn't listen to them growing up and now it bores me to listen to anything by them.

ooops, I lie, Dehumanizer w/Dio was enjoyable but everything else is cack.

I don't either actually. I like Ozzy solo a lot more than Sabbath. Only Sabbath album I really dig is Heaven and Hell. That's actually the only Sabbath I even own.

PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 6:51 pm

The only thing I care to hear about Ozzy is his obituary.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 7:04 pm

I like the older material best...but it's all good.

PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 7:49 pm

What's "Cack". Ah, don't answer that.
And I am w/Lock-ster on Sab. I love Mob Rules and H&H is good. But beyond that....eh.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 7:51 pm

Cack (to the best of my recollection" is a slangerous work for C*CK....)

And I have always been of the SABBATH are eh....I mean I'd listen to them over tons of other stuff but they arent the bee's knee' to me....

That'd be ALICE COOPER

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 7:52 pm

Hey, this last several posts seem to beg for a "Sabbath Probably Sucks" thread...

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 8:10 pm

Got into Saxon when a friend's cool older brother would always play them. Amongst my group of childhood friends they were "our group". Everyone loved Judas Priest but we also loved Saxon. And we were real loud/proud about it.

The Inner Sanctum was one of my favorites from last year. I also just got the deluxe edition of Lionheart on the cheap which included a lanyard that I put my keys on. Getting to do the loud/proud Saxon thing all over again.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 10:02 pm

I dig 'em. One of the bands I grew up with. The original 'The Eagle Has Landed' is a classic. 'Wheels of Steel' and 'Strong Arm of the Law' also fall into the classic category.

I got to see 'em on the 'Destiny' tour in a club of 600 or so... last show of the tour and they played nothing but their hardest material. The place went nuts....

Not too familiar with their newer stuff, probably take a chance on something in the not too distant future....

🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 11:36 pm

I like power & the glory, and wheels of steel.
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 11:49 pm

Saxon probaly rules!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 7:41 am

SAXON1500 wrote:
What's "Cack". Ah, don't answer that.
And I am w/Lock-ster on Sab. I love Mob Rules and H&H is good. But beyond that....eh.

I like Sabbath's early work alot. A few of the Ozzy albums lack, but its still good. Born Again is still my favorite though, and I've always liked Gillian and Dio better than Ozzy. With the exception of Dehumanizer though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!   SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SAXON PROBABLY SUCKS!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next