Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Family Guy Sucks

Go down 
+17
Metal Misfit
sheets
A Handful of Wayne
MetalGuy71
Thrasher73
thejokeriv
tohostudios
Hate Forest
the sentinel
Fat Freddy
Orion Crystal Ice
DeathCult
XYZ
Schbopo
Stender
Required Fields
21 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Family Guy Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Family Guy Sucks   Family Guy Sucks Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 6:02 pm

Anyone else think that Family Guy just sucks these days? It used to be pretty dang funny, but since 2007 it has just screwed the pooch. Your thoughts?
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

Family Guy Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Sucks   Family Guy Sucks Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 6:27 pm

I like the newer episodes, but I like the Season 3 era the best.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

Family Guy Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Sucks   Family Guy Sucks Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 6:29 pm

Yeah it sucks now. Everybody says Simpsons sucks now also, but I think people dont realize that simpsons has just stayed the same and hasnt gotten worse....family guy though...man, definately not as funny as before.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

Family Guy Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Sucks   Family Guy Sucks Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 7:13 pm

It's certainly gone downhill. Some of those old ones still make me laugh out loud, but the new ones rarely elicit even a chuckle. I think the real decline started when they did the whole "Stewie kills Lois" two-part crap.
Back to top Go down

Family Guy Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Sucks   Family Guy Sucks Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 8:46 pm

it used to sometime make me cry with laughter but for the past few months I haven't bothered watching it, there's too much good stuff on at present that keeps me occupied like

Sons of Anarachy
Underbelly
Burn Notice
Two and A Half Men
Samantha Who
30 Rock

and with re-runs of Murder She Wrote, I ask you who could hthe time to watch Family Guy ?
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Family Guy Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Sucks   Family Guy Sucks Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 8:50 pm

Ever since I watched the South Park episode about Family Guy, I've found that the show is rather dumb.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Family Guy Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Sucks   Family Guy Sucks Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 9:26 pm

It was funnier, now its incredibly hit or miss
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

Family Guy Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Sucks   Family Guy Sucks Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 9:52 pm

yeah, both Family Guy and South Park are unfunny these days. I found American Dad to be funnier then the Family Guy episodes when it was on.

Simpsons has never been very funny IMO. Maybe I miss some of it because looking at it gives me a headache.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Family Guy Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Sucks   Family Guy Sucks Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 10:03 pm

I have never been a huge F.G. fan, I could take it or leave it. I've always been a Simpsons diehard.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Family Guy Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Sucks   Family Guy Sucks Icon_minitimeWed Nov 18, 2009 11:09 pm

I prefer American Dad to FG nowadays. An alien that sounds like Paul Lynde = awesome!!! FG sucks now cuz it's only a vehicle for McFarlane to preach his beliefs and tell us who or what he doesn't like. The only show I actually look forward to and love is Sons of Anarchy. It might be time to bring back my SOA avatar.
Back to top Go down
Hate Forest
Metal novice
Metal novice
Hate Forest

Number of posts : 36

Family Guy Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Sucks   Family Guy Sucks Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 5:23 am

Stender wrote:
Yeah it sucks now. Everybody says Simpsons sucks now also, but I think people dont realize that simpsons has just stayed the same and hasnt gotten worse....family guy though...man, definately not as funny as before.

I disagree about The Simpsons. They used to be funny as hell and around season 6 (if I remember correctly) is when the downfall began. As the years went on, it got far less funny because they started doing all this useless travelling and the jokes were so forced and stupid. The old episodes had jokes that flowed and weren't lame attempts at a laugh. Far more effort was put into the jokes and episodes in general. They try way too hard now and fail. It isn't the same as it once was.

I know after going for about 20 years, it's hard to stay fresh, but someone needs to kill and bury The Simpsons. They are long overdue for death.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

Family Guy Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Sucks   Family Guy Sucks Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 8:15 am

Gotta disagree. I think Family Guy still is loads of fun. Certainly not as solid as the earlier seasons but still good.Same with the Simpsons.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Family Guy Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Sucks   Family Guy Sucks Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 8:34 am

I used to love The Simpsons but I quit watching it years ago.

I agree that the jokes used to seem to come naturally but now they seem forced. I think the show used to be sillier too. Remember when Homer lost the Employee Of The Month to an inanimate carbon rod? Something that silly would never happen on the show now.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Family Guy Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Sucks   Family Guy Sucks Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:17 am

tohostudios wrote:

I agree that the jokes used to seem to come naturally but now they seem forced. I think the show used to be sillier too. Remember when Homer lost the Employee Of The Month to an inanimate carbon rod? Something that silly would never happen on the show now.

I haven't watched the simpsons in year either!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

Family Guy Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Sucks   Family Guy Sucks Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 9:28 am

Family Guy has gone downhill I think.I use to love watching it, now its very hit or miss.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Family Guy Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Sucks   Family Guy Sucks Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:16 am

I tried watching Family Guy early on and it did nothing for me. It was just a bunch of 80' pop-culture refrences strung together with no rhyme or reason. I can't imagine it got any better.

The Simpsons jumped the shark many seasons ago. What was once my favorite show has run out of decent story lines. The plots are dumb and the jokes are forced and lame. I rarely watch it anymore.

Family Guy Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Sucks   Family Guy Sucks Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 12:17 pm

Simpsons used to be awesome, Sideshow Bob was hilarious. Now, all the adult cartoons seem really bland.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Family Guy Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Sucks   Family Guy Sucks Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 2:00 pm

I still like Family Guy. I'm still kind of new to the show. When it first came on I thought the first episode was hilarious and then I wasn't too impressed with the second episode so I didnt watch it for years until I started watching it by chance one night and I thought it was great. I think this past sundays episode was good. The whole speed chase thing with Fred Flintstone was really funny.

The Simpsons is still good too. Every thing is hit and miss no matter what. Not everyone can be spot on every time

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

Family Guy Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Sucks   Family Guy Sucks Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 2:01 pm

I still like Family Guy. I'm still kind of new to the show. When it first came on I thought the first episode was hilarious and then I wasn't too impressed with the second episode so I didnt watch it for years until I started watching it by chance one night and I thought it was great. I think this past sundays episode was good. The whole speed chase thing with Fred Flintstone was really funny.

The Simpsons is still good too. Every thing is hit and miss no matter what. Not everyone can be spot on every time.

What I do think is bad though is that stupid show that was on 2 weeks ago with the people who did the voices on Family Guy. I didnt see the need of that thing.

Metal novice
Metal novice
Hate Forest

Number of posts : 36

Family Guy Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Sucks   Family Guy Sucks Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 3:12 pm

tohostudios wrote:

hahaha, that was priceless. Stories like that will never be told again.

I forget what season it was but it was the first episode of that season and a guy did a cartwheel in the park to get out of the way of a car. I think someone was driving drunk or something, I can't even remember, but the cartwheel guy was the last time I ever laughed at the Simpsons.

Anyone see the Cleveland show? What a steaming pile of crap.
Back to top Go down

Family Guy Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Sucks   Family Guy Sucks Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 3:19 pm

Quote :

Yep. Not just regular crap, but the kind with uneaten kernals of corn in it.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40553

Family Guy Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Sucks   Family Guy Sucks Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:09 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

Between that,Family Guy and American Dad, Mcfarlane is probably spreading himself a little too thin.
Back to top Go down
sheets
Metal master
Metal master
sheets

Number of posts : 638

Family Guy Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Sucks   Family Guy Sucks Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 4:45 pm

Can't say I ever enjoyed Family Guy. I don't even remember why but it's never made me laugh enough to justify watching it.

I love The Simpsons up through season 4. Around the fifth or sixth season, though, it clearly had begun declining and by the eighth season it was unwatchable for me. I think the last episode I thought was truly hilarious was the one with Homer going to work for the Bond villain.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

Family Guy Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Sucks   Family Guy Sucks Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:06 pm

I just got into in the past year or so through reruns. I like it. I haven't seen this season besides the season premiere (which was great). I'm usually doing other stuff Sunday nights.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Family Guy Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Sucks   Family Guy Sucks Icon_minitimeThu Nov 19, 2009 10:22 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :

Personally, American Dad is just as bad, it seems like anything Mcfarlane does is just a derivative repetitive smurf poo heap of his previous work.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sponsored content

Family Guy Sucks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Family Guy Sucks   Family Guy Sucks Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Family Guy Sucks
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: