Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favourite Black Metal

Go down 
+11
scottmitchell74
SideShowDisaSter
Selvmord
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
ThrashedOutCobra33
mc666
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
krokus
Stender
UltraMagnus007
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

Favourite Black Metal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favourite Black Metal   Favourite Black Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 4:18 am

The Hammer wrote:
I read somwhere that some classified COF as Norwegien Black Metal. Arent they from England?

Yes, they are from England.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Black Metal   Favourite Black Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 4:23 am

thats what i thought.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Black Metal   Favourite Black Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 4:40 am

I don't listen to much Black Metal, but those are some that I listen sometimes:

Satyricon
Behemoth
Hecate Enthroned
Old Man's Child
Karkadan
Khold
Dimmu Borgir
Cradle of Filth
Agathodaimon
Witticism
Dawn of Dreams
Eminenz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Black Metal   Favourite Black Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 8:47 am

Glad I found this thread! Black MeTal is my all-time favourite genre, because within it's confines it is able to combine all my favourite elements of MeTal (and other music, i.e. classical): Thrash, Death, Heavy, Power, and even the non-symphonic bands are able to incorporate classical. Speaking of which, compare Emperor's use of classical (and the actual tranposing of a few of their songs into entirely orchestral pieces) to the devoid of a clue metallicrap's sorry attempt to integrate some of their classics with orchestra. Whereas Emperor displays a finesse that proves they've always lived with classical music, metallicrap showed that they didn't have the musical acumen to fulfill that (actually great...though perhaps stolen from Emperor or someone else) idea. When I heard that abomination, all I could think is how poor it was, and couldn't believe that the usually adept Michael Kamen was involved with it. So, on to my list of favourites:
1)Limbonic Art
2)Dimmu Borgir
3)Marduk(did you know that guys from Marduk have a Misfits worship side-project?)
4)Funeral Mist (Marduk's latest vocalist's band)
5)1349
6)Satryricon(mostly the older stuff, though new has some merit)
7)Immortal
8)Hekel(if you want to hear recent OLD-feeling BM, check this out!)
9)Forgjord
10)Funeral Procession
11)Deathspell Omega (but now they're getting a bit to 'prog' for me)
12)Carpathian Forest
13)Disiplin
14)Enthroned(especially the abrasive "Apocalypse Manifesto"
15)Shining
16)Forgotten Tomb
17)Sarcoma, Inc. (Daemon from Limbonic Art's side-project)
Though I like Darkthrone and Emperor, I can't really list them as "favourites", due to D being so redundant and E becoming so pretentious toward the end.
also worth mentioning is the Nihil Nocturne album "Necrohell", Nosvrolok's "Luciferian Code", and full-lengths from Black Death Ritual and Burial Hordes(both of which have that "filthy" punk kind've sound with some ripping riffs) Note I didn't mention Mayhem or Gorgoroth......while I repect both bands, their inconsistency is such that I can't really count them amongst my favourites. And I don't really consider Bathory a "Black MeTal" band, though in the beginning they/he were/was. As for "Gaahl not being the easiest guy to get along with": well, when I met him a coupla times, the impression I got (other than super-politeness) was an aura of palpable intellect; the way you can sense some people are nice, or depressed, or whatever......what I sensed off him (almost like an armour) was intellect. And there is also an odd story about Infernus that I shan't go into at this time.
Back to top Go down
juanmiguel
Metal student
Metal student
juanmiguel

Number of posts : 147

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Black Metal   Favourite Black Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 10:14 am

Is behemoth black metal?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Black Metal   Favourite Black Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 11:04 am

DIFFICULT to say! I think Behemoth lean more toward Death MeTal, but the Black influence is there. Probably a perfect blend of both...fantastic band, one of which is WAY better live than on album, by the way (the vocals sound a lot cooler live)
Back to top Go down
Selvmord
Metal student
Metal student
Selvmord

Number of posts : 238

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Black Metal   Favourite Black Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 7:46 pm

Behemoth is more Black Metal than Detah Metal in my opinion....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favourite Black Metal   Favourite Black Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favourite Black Metal
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2