Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Hidden Tracks

Go down 
+6
Selvmord
Required Fields
TrogDawn
tohostudios
DeathCult
SAHB Healer
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Hidden Tracks - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hidden Tracks   Hidden Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 9:29 am

Yeah, what kind've knob came up with that idea of the silence and then the "surprise" hidden track(s)? Even the ones that are before track 1 are kind've annoying (but not as annoying as having to FF through 11 minutes of silence!) 2 not mentioned here are the before track 1 hidden tracks on Satyricon's "Rebel Extravaganza"(creepy martial-type introduction) and Funeral Procession's ST (it's actually a pretty true Darkthrone cover). Also, the Finnish band Fragile Hollow has, not "99 tracks of silence leading out to a bonus track", but about 77 ten-second tracks of the same riff that ended the "last" song on their "Effete Mind" album that ultimately leads up to only the slight crescendo of that song's end! Talk about ANNOYING to someone who likes to listen to multi-discs on shuffle!!!!!!! Probably the FAVOURITE hidden track of mine was actually a backward message on one of Overkill's early records, that when you played it backward said something like "there's no hidden message here......you're going to ruin your needle, a**hole!" HAH!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Tracks   Hidden Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 10:36 am

ghastlylugosi wrote:
Yeah, what kind've knob came up with that idea of the silence and then the "surprise" hidden track(s)? Even the ones that are before track 1 are kind've annoying (but not as annoying as having to FF through 11 minutes of silence!) 2 not mentioned here are the before track 1 hidden tracks on Satyricon's "Rebel Extravaganza"(creepy martial-type introduction) and Funeral Procession's ST (it's actually a pretty true Darkthrone cover). Also, the Finnish band Fragile Hollow has, not "99 tracks of silence leading out to a bonus track", but about 77 ten-second tracks of the same riff that ended the "last" song on their "Effete Mind" album that ultimately leads up to only the slight crescendo of that song's end! Talk about ANNOYING to someone who likes to listen to multi-discs on shuffle!!!!!!! Probably the FAVOURITE hidden track of mine was actually a backward message on one of Overkill's early records, that when you played it backward said something like "there's no hidden message here......you're going to ruin your needle, a**hole!" HAH!

Laughing very hard I remember that, I think it's on Taking Over
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Tracks   Hidden Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 10:38 am

It was a fun trend for a little while, especially if it was an actual bonus song. But when it was just nonsense or gibberish, it got annoying.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Tracks   Hidden Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 10:45 am

Yup - Totally fell into that Overkill bit when I was a kid. I think it was Feel the Fire, though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hidden Tracks   Hidden Tracks - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hidden Tracks
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2