Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Alice Cooper & The Muppets!

Go down 
+7
DallasBlack
EvyMetal
Tall Tyrion
MetalGuy71
tohostudios
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Alice Cooper & The Muppets! Empty
PostSubject: Alice Cooper & The Muppets!   Alice Cooper & The Muppets! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 3:23 pm

Anyone remember when Alice was on "The Muppet Show" back in the late 70s?? I was about seven years old at the time, this was my first exposure to The Coop! I stumbled across these on YouTube and just had to share the memories! 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat

Last edited by Fat Freddy on Thu Aug 06, 2009 1:37 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper & The Muppets!   Alice Cooper & The Muppets! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 3:33 pm

Awesome, I havent seen those clips in such a long time.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper & The Muppets!   Alice Cooper & The Muppets! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 3:36 pm

Wow, I never saw that before. Alice was even cool 30 years ago!

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper & The Muppets!   Alice Cooper & The Muppets! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 3:39 pm

Alice has said in interviews over the years that doing The Muppet Show was "one of the most fun things" he's gotten to do during his career. 🤘

I remember watching this as a kid and thinking "maybe they'll get KISS on this show sometime!" -- no such luck, but it would've been hilarious to see.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper & The Muppets!   Alice Cooper & The Muppets! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 3:49 pm

DeathCult wrote:

Me neither! I do remember them though. Very cool!! Blowing up your school and selling your soul to the devil. Perfect children's programming.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper & The Muppets!   Alice Cooper & The Muppets! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 3:58 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

Me neither! I do remember them though. Very cool!! Blowing up your school and selling your soul to the devil. Perfect children's programming.

I was thinking the same thing. No way you'd get that content on a "kids show" now.

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper & The Muppets!   Alice Cooper & The Muppets! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 4:07 pm

Yep. That was indeed very awesome.....
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper & The Muppets!   Alice Cooper & The Muppets! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 4:16 pm

tohostudios wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
DeathCult wrote:

I was thinking the same thing. No way you'd get that content on a "kids show" now.

That would be like seeing Marylin Manson guest starring on The Wiggles.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper & The Muppets!   Alice Cooper & The Muppets! Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 4:42 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
That would be like seeing Marylin Manson guest starring on The Wiggles.

If they got Dave Mustaine to guest star on The Wiggles, he could play Wake Up Dead with the lyrics changed to "Wake Up, Jeff". That would rock. 🤘
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper & The Muppets!   Alice Cooper & The Muppets! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 3:34 am

Well, I never saw it in the 70's, but I'm a huge Muppet-maniac, so I have these on DVD. I was totally setback when I first saw it. So cool!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper & The Muppets!   Alice Cooper & The Muppets! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 12:13 pm

I have that episode (as well as many others) on DVD. Keep in mind that the Muppets were not origionally intended for children. Just like Looney Tunes, The Muppets were written with adults in mind but were just sanitized enough for the whole family. Definatly one of my favortie episodes especially his duet with the wierd muppet creature that turned out to be Miss Piggy (Cooper used a spell on her).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper & The Muppets!   Alice Cooper & The Muppets! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 1:48 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
The Muppets were written with adults in mind but were just sanitized enough for the whole family.

Yea, people tended to think of the Muppets as strictly kids' material due to their being on "Sesame Street" but Jim Henson (Muppet creator) also did some mature-audience Muppet sketches during the very early days of "Saturday Night Live" as well.

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper & The Muppets!   Alice Cooper & The Muppets! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 1:37 pm

Bumpin' this one cuz Ultmetal just mentioned Alice's Muppet appearance in his Alice Cooper thread...

Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 19229

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper & The Muppets!   Alice Cooper & The Muppets! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 06, 2009 11:32 pm

Yes, I do remember.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper & The Muppets!   Alice Cooper & The Muppets! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 8:18 am

The Muppets rule!

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper & The Muppets!   Alice Cooper & The Muppets! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 07, 2009 10:26 am

I have it on a box set from the puppets. It;s cool because I put te puppets to my little sister and at the same time I am watching alice cooper Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper & The Muppets!   Alice Cooper & The Muppets! Icon_minitimeThu Sep 03, 2009 11:13 pm

That's very cool. I have the first two seasons of the Muppet Show thus far. Any idea which series this was?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Alice Cooper & The Muppets!   Alice Cooper & The Muppets! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Alice Cooper & The Muppets!
Page 1 of 1