Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

duds on classic albums

Go down 
+25
TrogDawn
the sentinel
TheGooch
stormspell
XYZ
Lurideath
DallasBlack
UltraMagnus007
Required Fields
Hamer12
White_Mage
kmorg
A Handful of Wayne
Mglaffas81
DeathCult
caniplaywithmadness?
MetalGuy71
Smindas
Fat Freddy
tohostudios
ultmetal
skullkrusher
SAHB Healer
Sword Of The Heretic
mc666
29 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

duds on classic albums - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: duds on classic albums   duds on classic albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 4:10 pm

White_Mage wrote:
Number Of The Beast's-Invaders

I might be the only one but I just don't like it even tho its sometimes hailed as one the albums best tracks

I love that song and think it is one of the best on the album yet I have heard other bad comments about this song.

I always thought Gangland spoiled Number of the Beast. Ironic because had Total Eclipse been on the original album like it as going to be then this would be my favourite Maiden Album. I know the song was on the 1998 remastered album but so was Gangland
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: duds on classic albums   duds on classic albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 9:13 pm

"You Always Walk Alone" on Helloweens Keeper of the Seven Keys Part II album. Even though Helloween is my favorite band and they can do no wrong in my eyes, this is probably my least favorite Helloween song. And it actually wasnt even a Helloween song at first. Michael Kiske first had it with his original band Ill Prophecy along with "A Little Time" which ended up on Keeper Part I.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37743

PostSubject: Re: duds on classic albums   duds on classic albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2008 9:41 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Helloween is my favorite band and they can do no wrong in my eyes

I love Helloween as much as the next guy, but I got one word for you, good buddy...

....CHAMELEON.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: duds on classic albums   duds on classic albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 10:41 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

I love Helloween as much as the next guy, but I got one word for you, good buddy...

....CHAMELEON.

A turd in disguise duds on classic albums - Page 2 288219
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: duds on classic albums   duds on classic albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 12:06 pm

White_Mage wrote:
Number Of The Beast's-Invaders

I might be the only one but I just don't like it even tho its sometimes hailed as one the albums best tracks

Yes, definatly a weak track on that album IMO. Still not real terrible (however I tend to at least mildly like every song Maiden has done).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3901

PostSubject: Re: duds on classic albums   duds on classic albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 12:31 pm

I'd agree with you there Kmorg. Back in the Village is a real dud to me.

Iron Maiden has always seemed to have a dud on every single album they have written. Die With Your Boots On is their biggest dud imo.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: duds on classic albums   duds on classic albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 10:32 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

....CHAMELEON.

lol Chameleon is one of my favorite helloween albums because its not like anything else they ever put out.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: duds on classic albums   duds on classic albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 10:55 pm

"Planet Caravan" - Paranoid
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: duds on classic albums   duds on classic albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 11:03 pm

I've thought of some more:

AC/DC - "Touch Too Much" - Highway to Hell

Judas Priest - "Love Bites" (it's good, but meh compared to the rest) - Defenders of the Faith

Guns'n'Roses - "Think About You" - Appetite For Destruction

Motley Crue - "Time For Change" - Dr.Feelgood
Back to top Go down
stormspell
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: duds on classic albums   duds on classic albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 12:42 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

....CHAMELEON.

Fredo, I always wanted to ask you, how could you hate CAMELEON, and at the same time adore a "Scheiße" gem like Strange and Beautiful by Crimson Glory? Laughing
Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: duds on classic albums   duds on classic albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 7:44 am

the last three songs off of Piece of mind by iron maiden seem to slip below the standard of the rest of the material. i will probably be flamed for saying that though
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: duds on classic albums   duds on classic albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 8:54 am

stormspell wrote:

Fredo, I always wanted to ask you, how could you hate CAMELEON, and at the same time adore a "Scheiße" gem like Strange and Beautiful by Crimson Glory? Laughing

Hahaha, I never said I "adored" CG's "Strange & Beautiful"... I just don't hate it now as much as I did when I first heard it back in the day. It still ranks at the bottom of the Crimson Glory pile either way.

On the other hand, I recently heard CHAMELEON again for the first time in many years, and yep... I still hate that one. Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: duds on classic albums   duds on classic albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 10:38 am

get_the_firehouse wrote:

I forgot about that turd. I hate that song. Hey Motley, leave the social commentary and saving the world to Bono. Get back to doing blow & nailing strippers then write a decent tune about it.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: duds on classic albums   duds on classic albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 2:19 pm

Kiss - Love Gun album. "Then She Kissed Me" WTF?

As much as I love Helloween and The Keeper P.2, I find myself skipping "Rise and Fall" a lot. Also, not that this is really a classic album to most, but on Hurricane's Over the Edge album, the last song, "Baby Snakes" is just friggin' stupid. Rant over.
Very Happy
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: duds on classic albums   duds on classic albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 2:19 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
get_the_firehouse wrote:

I forgot about that turd. I hate that song. Hey Motley, leave the social commentary and saving the world to Bono. Get back to doing blow & nailing strippers then write a decent tune about it.

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: duds on classic albums   duds on classic albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 2:21 pm

TheGooch wrote:
the last three songs off of Piece of mind by iron maiden seem to slip below the standard of the rest of the material. i will probably be flamed for saying that though

I agree completely. I think they made up for it though on the next two with "Rime" and "Alexander". 🤘
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: duds on classic albums   duds on classic albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 2:59 pm

The main one I can think of is The Thing That Should Not Be on Metallica's Master of Puppets. I just can't like this song no matter how much I listen to it. Sleep

Also 'Am I going Insane?' from Black Sabbath's Sabotage.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: duds on classic albums   duds on classic albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 3:18 pm

greyninjax wrote:
The main one I can think of is The Thing That Should Not Be on Metallica's Master of Puppets. I just can't like this song no matter how much I listen to it. Sleep

Backed on both of these, especially "Am I Going Insane?" That song annoys the p*ss outta me. Always has.

Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: duds on classic albums   duds on classic albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 3:35 pm

Yea I never liked "Am I Going Insane" and I've always detested "Changes" by Black Sabbath too
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: duds on classic albums   duds on classic albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 3:39 pm

greyninjax wrote:

lol damn I love "the thing that should not be" cause i think it was the first song i learned how to play on guitar.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: duds on classic albums   duds on classic albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 11:00 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I never had a problem with any of MegaDave's cover choices, but I'm a Megafan-boy, so I'm a little partial.

As for duds, I've always hated "United" by Judas Priest on an otherwise classic album. I know that they were going for a nice "we're all Metal Brothers united together" anthem, but it just sounds too forced and I almost always hit the skip button on that track.
I agree wholeheartedly. I know they were tryin to have a sing along crowd chant anthem type thing; but everytime I hear it all I can picture is someone driving a tractor trailer. Go figure?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: duds on classic albums   duds on classic albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 11:12 pm

the sentinel wrote:
Kiss - Love Gun album. "Then She Kissed Me" WTF?

Yeah, that is a very odd KISS tune. I think they did much better jobs revamping old tunes with "Kissin Time" (I love that tune) and "Any Way You Want It". Although, even those tunes were odd balls on their albums.

Speaking of KISS, I think "Love Theme From KISS" could have been a major dud had they edited it for time constraints (not that I've ever heard they were thinking of it). IMO, the beginning of that tune sounds at odds with the rest of the album. But, then, it goes into the darker portion, which saves the song. I know it ends with the opening rhthym, but the dark part gives it a cool full-circle thing. Also, had they not of placed the eerie "100,000 Years" after it ("Black Diamond" would have worked, too), I think there would have been a really awkward transition.
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: duds on classic albums   duds on classic albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 2:25 am

I'm fairly certain you guys are all on drugs. I love almost every so-called "dud" listed here. duds on classic albums - Page 2 309780
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: duds on classic albums   duds on classic albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 2:39 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
greyninjax wrote:

Backed on both of these, especially "Am I Going Insane?" That song annoys the p*ss outta me. Always has.

You guys are poo-heads! Sad

The Thing that Should not Be is an awesome song, and darn' heavy - However, and I will be flamed for this, as much as I love Metallica and nearly all their music, I could never get into "Damage Inc"...I don't know why, but I just can't find anything to like....there's nothing wrong with it, but I can't seem to find any instrumental or lyrical hook - and it ain't really a great album-closer - Orion would have closed it much better.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

PostSubject: Re: duds on classic albums   duds on classic albums - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 2:41 am

TrogDawn wrote:
I'm fairly certain you guys are all on drugs. I love almost every so-called "dud" listed here. duds on classic albums - Page 2 309780

.....What is it with you and that green cyclop, Trog? scratch
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: duds on classic albums   duds on classic albums - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

duds on classic albums
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next