Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Angelica

Go down 
+8
stevegarveyfan
Fat Freddy
7thSaviour
YngwieDokkenfan
ultmetal
stepcousin
kmorg
Troublezone
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Angelica Empty
PostSubject: Angelica   Angelica Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 9:03 am

I was checking out Rob Rock's site and i found out he sang on this bands first album. I listened to a sample track (Danger Zone) and this band smokes. The guitarist rocks and of coarse Rob's vocals are killer as well.

http://www.robrock.com/archives/audioclips/index.html
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

Angelica Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelica   Angelica Icon_minitimeSat Mar 22, 2008 9:12 am

Yeah, great band for sure

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

Angelica Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelica   Angelica Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 6:39 pm

so now you know what you must do.....
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Angelica Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelica   Angelica Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 7:12 pm

Great CD. The best of the Angelica catalog IMO. 🤘

Angelica Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelica   Angelica Icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2008 9:41 pm

Be aware though, that's the only one with Rob on it.
Back to top Go down
YngwieDokkenfan
Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

Number of posts : 112

Angelica Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelica   Angelica Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 2:11 am

One awesome band!!! Rock, Stock and Barrel album sounds like a Christian version of Mr. Big and Rush blended together. The vocal sound like Getty Lee, and Dennis Cameron, on the axe, sounds a lot like Paul Gilbert. If you like the Christian Metal with the positive, inspirational lyrical messages mates to blazing guitars, you'll love Angelica.
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

Angelica Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelica   Angelica Icon_minitimeTue Apr 07, 2009 10:26 pm

I always did like Angelica! 10/10 I've been (Christopher)Walkin' In Faith for about 20 years now! 🤘
Back to top Go down
YngwieDokkenfan
Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

Angelica Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelica   Angelica Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 1:52 am

7thSaviour wrote:
I always did like Angelica! 10/10 I've been (Christopher)Walkin' In Faith for about 20 years now! 🤘

Cool!!!You definitely like the great 80's Christian Metal!!Stryper, Whitecross, Angelica 🤘 Praisin' God loud and proud with some shred!!!
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Angelica Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelica   Angelica Icon_minitimeMon Apr 20, 2009 8:58 am

YngwieDokkenfan wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

Cool!!!You definitely like the great 80's Christian Metal!!Stryper, Whitecross, Angelica 🤘 Praisin' God loud and proud with some shred!!!
Right on, my friend! I LOVE your screen name! If only Yngwie and Don would do a project together! headbanger
Back to top Go down
YngwieDokkenfan
Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

Angelica Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelica   Angelica Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:52 am

7thSaviour wrote:
YngwieDokkenfan wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

Right on, my friend! I LOVE your screen name! If only Yngwie and Don would do a project together! headbanger

That would definitely rule!! 🤘 I don't think that ever has a snowball's chance in you know where of happening, though.....Imagine the ego clash if Yngwie and Don worked together. Don and George Lynch were always in conflict. From what I've read about Yngwie, he prefers a singer to be cooperative as he leads the way in making the artistic decisions.

While I certainly think an album where Yngwie makes the decisions and Don sings would sound great, I can't imagine Don ever agreeing to cooperate the way Yngwie would expect him to. Don is an awesome singer, but also likes to run the show (at least that is what I've read).

As an alternative, imagine this scenario: Carl Johan Grimmark of Narnia teaming up with Michael Sweet to create an album. That would be one awesome Christian Neoclassical Metal album!!!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Angelica Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelica   Angelica Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 8:13 am

Eyesore wrote:
Be aware though, that's the only one with Rob on it.

This is true, but the sophomore release is quite good as well. Jerore Mazza has a cool voice as well.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Angelica Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelica   Angelica Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 8:34 am

The only Angelica I ever dug was "ROCK STOCK AND BARREL," mainly for the song "Cover Me" -- that was catchy as hell. The rest of their stuff that I've heard was a little too sugary/light in the loafers for me.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Angelica Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelica   Angelica Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 8:41 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
The only Angelica I ever dug was "ROCK STOCK AND BARREL," mainly for the song "Cover Me" -- that was catchy as hell. The rest of their stuff that I've heard was a little too sugary/light in the loafers for me.

That was a good song. Reminded me of Mr. Big for some reason.

FF, did you give Walkin' in Faith a listen?

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Angelica Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelica   Angelica Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 8:46 am

YngwieDokkenfan wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:
YngwieDokkenfan wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

That would definitely rule!! 🤘 I don't think that ever has a snowball's chance in you know where of happening, though.....Imagine the ego clash if Yngwie and Don worked together. Don and George Lynch were always in conflict. From what I've read about Yngwie, he prefers a singer to be cooperative as he leads the way in making the artistic decisions.

While I certainly think an album where Yngwie makes the decisions and Don sings would sound great, I can't imagine Don ever agreeing to cooperate the way Yngwie would expect him to. Don is an awesome singer, but also likes to run the show (at least that is what I've read).

As an alternative, imagine this scenario: Carl Johan Grimmark of Narnia teaming up with Michael Sweet to create an album. That would be one awesome Christian Neoclassical Metal album!!!
VERY TRUE! headbanger How about Magnus Karlsson teaming up with John Schlitt or Rey Parra? Angelica 505193
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Angelica Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelica   Angelica Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 8:59 am

ultmetal wrote:

FF, did you give Walkin' in Faith a listen?

Yea, I got a Mr. Big vibe from "Cover Me" too (so it's kinda odd that I liked that song, as I frickin' despised Mr. Big... hahaha). Maybe a touch of Tesla and/or Extreme too.

Not sure if I've heard WALKIN' IN FAITH in its entirety. I had the self titled debut and ROCK STOCK & BARREL on tape back in the day, plus a "greatest hits" compilation so I assume a track or two from WALKIN' was probably on that. The only one I bothered to upgrade to CD was ROCK STOCK & BARREL.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

Angelica Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelica   Angelica Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 9:05 am

Troublezone wrote:
I was checking out Rob Rock's site and i found out he sang on this bands first album. I listened to a sample track (Danger Zone) and this band smokes. The guitarist rocks and of coarse Rob's vocals are killer as well.

www.robrock.com/archives/audioclips/index.html

Yup...Rob sang all the vocals except for the song "Face To Face", which was sung by ken Tamplin (who produced all the vocals as well as sang backing vocals)...
Back to top Go down
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

Angelica Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelica   Angelica Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:09 am

ultmetal wrote:

I believe that one of the guys was wearing a Mr. Big shirt in the "Cover Me" video, if I'm not mistaken. That should tell ya something.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Angelica Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelica   Angelica Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 11:13 am

stevegarveyfan wrote:

I believe that one of the guys was wearing a Mr. Big shirt in the "Cover Me" video, if I'm not mistaken. That should tell ya something.

Now that you mention it, I believe you are right.

Back to top Go down

Angelica Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelica   Angelica Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:00 pm

It was the singer, Drew Paca. I remember at the time people were like "He's wearing a secular band shirt in the video!!!" -shock-horror-
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Angelica Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelica   Angelica Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:03 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
It was the singer, Drew Paca. I remember at the time people were like "He's wearing a secular band shirt in the video!!!" -shock-horror-

Omigawd! He's supporting that evil satanic animal sacrificing horde, Mr. Big! affraid

Back to top Go down

Angelica Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelica   Angelica Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:10 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Omigawd! He's supporting that evil satanic animal sacrificing horde, Mr. Big! affraid

In many circles, anything non-CCM is "worldly" no matter how innocent it looks.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

Angelica Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelica   Angelica Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:34 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:
Shawn Of Fire wrote:

How stupid!!!!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Angelica Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelica   Angelica Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:46 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:

Ohhh believe me, I know. I once worked with a guy back in the hair band era who listened to nothing but CCM rock and he would tell me in great detail about how even squeaky clean bands like Trixter (!) were "tools of the devil." I would usually laugh and go "Yea, OK, whatever, dude"

Back to top Go down

Angelica Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelica   Angelica Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:51 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
how even squeaky clean bands like Trixter (!) were "tools of the devil." I would usually laugh and go "Yea, OK, whatever, dude"

I'd bet that the devil plays Trixter constantly in Hell, but "tools of the devil"? He got the "tools" part right. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Angelica Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelica   Angelica Icon_minitimeThu Apr 23, 2009 12:54 pm

SpectreFate wrote:

I'd bet that the devil plays Trixter constantly in Hell, but "tools of the devil"? He got the "tools" part right. Smile

Laughing very hard As you might know I went to high school with a couple of the Trixter guys... their guitarist (Steve) was a hella nice guy, I got nuthin' bad to say about him, but the drummer and singer were definitely tools.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Angelica Empty
PostSubject: Re: Angelica   Angelica Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Angelica
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next