Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Any fans of Angelica here?

Go down 
+11
Troublezone
kmorg
stevegarveyfan
Addy
brontotex
Fat Freddy
James B.
ultmetal
ryanmetalman
Stender
Metallic Blaze
15 posters
AuthorMessage
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

Number of posts : 6497

Any fans of Angelica here? Empty
PostSubject: Any fans of Angelica here?   Any fans of Angelica here? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:06 am

I've been into this band since I was just a kid. They played a very melodic form of hair metal. Very good guitarist in Dennis Cameron. I wish he was around more these days. His last band (Cynical Limit) seems to have disappeared off the face of the earth.

Anyway - any fans here? Rob Rock sang lead vocals on their first album. They only released 4 total, but I like all of them.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Angelica here?   Any fans of Angelica here? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:34 am

I have the s/t and walkin in faith. I actually just picked up both those only recently...like last week. Cool band, I wasnt expecting such a melodic metal thing though.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Angelica here?   Any fans of Angelica here? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:46 am

Yeah, they're very melodic.

"Walkin in Faith" is my favorite, but they are all good.

1. Walkin in Faith
2. Angelica
3. Lock, Stock and Barrell
4. Time Is All It Takes
Back to top Go down
ryanmetalman
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
ryanmetalman

Number of posts : 274

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Angelica here?   Any fans of Angelica here? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 2:28 am

I dig Angelica. My favorite is also "Walkin In Faith," though I like them all.

I didn't know Dennis Cameron did any thing else. Was Cynical Limit similar to Angelica?
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Angelica here?   Any fans of Angelica here? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 6:48 am

ryanmetalman wrote:
I didn't know Dennis Cameron did any thing else. Was Cynical Limit similar to Angelica?

Yes and no. Cynical Limit has a completely different sound, but it's still pretty heavy rock. The 'melodic metal' aspect is gone. But it's just good straight up hard rock, with a more modern sound. It's pretty good though, but nothing as good as Angelica.

They only released one album and apparently disappeared off the face of the planet.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Angelica here?   Any fans of Angelica here? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 8:53 am

I bought the first Angelica CD as a new release. I thought it was OUTSTANDING and still do to this day. Rob Rock and Ken Tamplin both are great vocalists. I thought 'Walkin' in Faith' was great too. The vocalist is quite different from Rob Rock, but still has a charismatic, distinctive voice.

1. Angelica
2. Walkin' in Faith
3. Lock, Stock and Barrell
4. Time Is All It Takes

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Angelica here?   Any fans of Angelica here? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 9:26 am

Walkin' In Faith is my favorite...

I like Angelica as well, but the songs on Walkin' In Faith just grab me..."Sing And Shout", "All I Can Do", the title track...great stuff.

My favorite song on Angelica is "Face To Face"...the only song Rob Rock doesn't sing...
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Angelica here?   Any fans of Angelica here? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 10:59 am

Those who were in So. Calif back then remember Drew singing for Roxway before joining Angelica. He doesn't have the power and range of say Rob Rock, Ken Tamplin, or the other Angelica singer, what's his name Any fans of Angelica here? 685534.... Oh yeah, Andy. But Drew had personality and charisma.

I saw these guys Drew singing and they were great. Don't remember if I saw them with Andy or not?

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Angelica here?   Any fans of Angelica here? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:07 am

Ehhh, they're OK I guess. I picked up ROCK STOCK & BARREL some time ago cuz I liked the song "Cover Me." Never bothered to investigate them further.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Angelica here?   Any fans of Angelica here? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 11:36 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
Ehhh, they're OK I guess. I picked up ROCK STOCK & BARREL some time ago cuz I liked the song "Cover Me." Never bothered to investigate them further.

That's kind of a boring album...the 2 before it are much better.
Back to top Go down
brontotex
brontotex

Number of posts : 446

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Angelica here?   Any fans of Angelica here? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:00 pm

I only have Rock, Stock & Barrel. It's a dust gatherer in the vault.
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Angelica here?   Any fans of Angelica here? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2010 1:50 pm

My fav by this band is Cover Me and Dangerzone
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
stevegarveyfan
Metal master
Metal master
stevegarveyfan

Number of posts : 613

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Angelica here?   Any fans of Angelica here? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 12:16 am

I like 'em all. VERY good band--the kind I like to listen to when I'm feeling chipper.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Angelica here?   Any fans of Angelica here? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 1:35 am

stevegarveyfan wrote:
I like 'em all. VERY good band--the kind I like to listen to when I'm feeling chipper.

I concur.

Any fans of Angelica here? 25679
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Angelica here?   Any fans of Angelica here? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 5:04 am

I have all their albums, and remember listening to the debut a lot. But now I can't seem to remember one single song from them! Laughing

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Angelica here?   Any fans of Angelica here? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 8:27 am

I like the first s/t album. Danger Zone is a cool song.
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Angelica here?   Any fans of Angelica here? Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2010 11:03 am

I was lucky to find years ago in Budapest their second album on tape, in a bible shop. I dont care about religion but i was walking in the streets and from outside i saw some tapes. I first thought it was a record shop. When i walked in i saw many bibles and then i looked at the tapes. i found DELIVERANCE debut album, RECON album, TORNIQUET first album, SACRED WARRIOR two tapes and some other. Really a great buy.
I have the debut album on vinyl but dont know about their 3 and 4 album.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Angelica here?   Any fans of Angelica here? Icon_minitimeSun Feb 07, 2010 2:31 pm

kmorg wrote:
I have all their albums, and remember listening to the debut a lot. But now I can't seem to remember one single song from them! Laughing

Take those albums out and blow the dust off em. Give em a fresh spin - and you'll be singing along!

That's how it was with me too. I just recently played some Angelica, and was surprised how good they really were! I was singing along and playing air-guitar in no time.

Any fans of Angelica here? 778825
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Angelica here?   Any fans of Angelica here? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 11:16 am

I've been an Angelica fan for about 20 years now! Still dig 'em!
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Angelica here?   Any fans of Angelica here? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 3:14 pm

This band is on my want list.
Back to top Go down
Metallic Blaze
Exo-Kill!
Metallic Blaze

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Angelica here?   Any fans of Angelica here? Icon_minitimeMon Feb 08, 2010 7:50 pm

7thSaviour wrote:

Any fans of Angelica here? 778825 Any fans of Angelica here? 778825 Any fans of Angelica here? 778825

Same here bro!!!
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Angelica here?   Any fans of Angelica here? Icon_minitimeTue Feb 09, 2010 8:29 pm

I loved the first two, but felt that there was too much filler on the last couple. Great guitarist, and very much music to be upbeat to!

"Oh -oh -oh, I'm in the danger zone!" Great stuff. Any fans of Angelica here? 29150
Back to top Go down
7thSaviour
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
7thSaviour

Number of posts : 2206

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Angelica here?   Any fans of Angelica here? Icon_minitimeWed Feb 10, 2010 12:58 pm

Metallic Blaze wrote:
7thSaviour wrote:

Any fans of Angelica here? 778825 Any fans of Angelica here? 778825 Any fans of Angelica here? 778825

Same here bro!!!
Any fans of Angelica here? 495333
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Any fans of Angelica here?   Any fans of Angelica here? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Any fans of Angelica here?
Page 1 of 1