Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Favorite band line-ups...

Go down 
+10
Coma
Thrasher73
TrogDawn
Chairman_Smith
DeathCult
mc666
caniplaywithmadness?
Fat Freddy
ghost
ultmetal
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Coma
Metal student
Metal student
Coma

Number of posts : 128

Favorite band line-ups... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Favorite band line-ups...   Favorite band line-ups... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 20, 2008 3:58 pm

ultmetal wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:
TESTAMENT-Skolnick/Billy/Clemente/Peterson/Christian
ANTHRAX-Belladonna/Spitz/Bello/Benante/Ian
SLAYER-w/Lombardo of course
MEGADETH-Mustaine/Ellefson/Freidman/Menza
EXODUS-with Zetro

Add to the list:
DARK ANGEL - w/ Ron Rinhart

And I'll add:

FORBIDDEN - Anderson/Calvert/Locicero/Camacho/Bostaph (the Twisted Into Form lineup)
TESTAMENT - Billy/Peterson/Skolnick/Christian/Clemente
AGENT STEEL - Hall/Garcia/Versailles/Medina/Profus (never been a fan of Cyris)
DEATH ANGEL - Osegueda/Cavestany/Pepa/Pepa/Galeon
HEATHEN - Godfrey (or White)/Altus/Piercy/Biedermann/Minter (the Victims lineup)
VIO-LENCE - Killian/Flynn/Demmel/Dell/Strickland
LAAZ ROCKIT - Coons/Jellum/Kettner/Lange/Agnello (although I worship the Nothing Sacred album)
Back to top Go down
http://thethrashzone.byethost32.com/df-trade.html
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Favorite band line-ups...   Favorite band line-ups... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 12:58 am

Judas Priest - Unleashed line up.

Whatever happened to Les Binks?
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband

PostSubject: Re: Favorite band line-ups...   Favorite band line-ups... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 1:04 am

Man, there is alot of knowledge on this board!!

And Troggy - How can you not like the Sykes ToPT line-up best? By far their most innovative guitarist.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Favorite band line-ups...   Favorite band line-ups... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 1:18 am

ultmetal wrote:

The "Hell Bent for Leather" line-up including an Hill, KK Downing, Rob Halford, Glenn Tipton and one of the unsung drum legends of metal, Les Binks was my favorite. Dave Holland was too plain for Priest. Scott Travis is a great addition and would be my second choice after Les.

Ah, you are wise. If there were heavy metal Jedi, you'd be, like, Yoda, or something.

One lineup that comes to my mind is the No Remorse/Orgasmatron-era Motorhead. It's a shame they didn't produce more. "Mean Machine" still obliterates my ears every time I hear it.

I know this isn't metal, but Exile on Main St.-era Rolling Stones. My god, what an album that is.

Walls of Jericho-era Helloween. Aside from the speed and fury on the album, I much preferred to vocals of Kai Hansen to Michael Kiske.

MK II-era Purple, of course.

I get a lot of lip over this one, but Mob Rules-era Sabbath. If everyone owned a copy of that album, the world would be a much better place.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Favorite band line-ups...   Favorite band line-ups... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 1:22 am

Believe it or not...

Nugent, St. Holmes, Grange, Davies,...& Meat Loaf!

Blackmore, Lord, Paice, Hughes, & Coverdale.

just being honest.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Favorite band line-ups...   Favorite band line-ups... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 6:47 am

SAXON1500 wrote:

And Troggy - How can you not like the Sykes ToPT line-up best? By far their most innovative guitarist.

I agree, the SPELLBOUND line-up for Tygers is easily the best
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Favorite band line-ups...   Favorite band line-ups... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 6:52 am

The classic: Ian Hunter, Mick Ralphs, Verden Allen, Overend Watts, and Dale Griffin line-up of MOTT THE HOOPLE
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Favorite band line-ups...   Favorite band line-ups... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 7:49 am

I would have to say the:
Bruce Dickinson, Steve Harris, Dave Murray, Adrian Smith, and Nicko Mcbrian of Iron Maiden
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Favorite band line-ups...   Favorite band line-ups... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 8:24 am

SAXON1500 wrote:

I like all the various incarnations of Thin Lizzy, but my favorite is the Gorham, Downey, Robertson, Lynott line-up.

Metal master
Metal master
journeyman

Number of posts : 883

PostSubject: Re: Favorite band line-ups...   Favorite band line-ups... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 10:33 am

ultmetal wrote:

About to commit another blasphemy.
I prefer the "Killers" era line-up of Iron Maiden: Paul Di'Anno, Dave Murray, Adrian Smith, Steve Harris & Clive Burr. I know most fans like the Dickinson/McBrain era of the band, as do I, but there was something special about the '82 line-up.

The Killers lineup was great, but I would have to go with the current lineup of Bruce Dickinson, Steve Harris, Dave Murry, Adrian Smith, Nicko McBrain, and Janick Gers.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12766

PostSubject: Re: Favorite band line-ups...   Favorite band line-ups... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 21, 2008 11:42 am

question: Did the line-up that recorded the first two OzzY lps ever play onstage together ? Too bad the touring ensemble w/ Aldridge and Sarzo never recorded any studio material.

Surprised we have no mention of Metallica with Cliff
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Favorite band line-ups...   Favorite band line-ups... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 26, 2008 3:24 pm

mc666 wrote:
i miss the Rocky George era of Suicidal Tendencies

Agreed. I am listening to Suicidal's LIGHTS, CAMERA, REVOLUTION right now and Rocky simply JAMS on that there gee-tar.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Favorite band line-ups...   Favorite band line-ups... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Favorite band line-ups...
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2