Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Best Track On Brave New World

Go down 
+18
Gilbert
glassprison
metalinmyveins
MetalGuy71
MoonChild
thejokeriv
the sentinel
jstate
Troublezone
INVADERS
kmorg
iamrockerfun
mc666
Invader
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
DallasBlack
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next

The Wicker Man
Best Track On Brave New World Vote_lcap25%Best Track On Brave New World Vote_rcap
 25% [ 13 ]
Ghost Of The Navigator
Best Track On Brave New World Vote_lcap15%Best Track On Brave New World Vote_rcap
 15% [ 8 ]
Brave New World
Best Track On Brave New World Vote_lcap10%Best Track On Brave New World Vote_rcap
 10% [ 5 ]
Blood Brothers
Best Track On Brave New World Vote_lcap8%Best Track On Brave New World Vote_rcap
 8% [ 4 ]
The Mercenary
Best Track On Brave New World Vote_lcap4%Best Track On Brave New World Vote_rcap
 4% [ 2 ]
Dream Of Mirrors
Best Track On Brave New World Vote_lcap10%Best Track On Brave New World Vote_rcap
 10% [ 5 ]
The Fallen Angel
Best Track On Brave New World Vote_lcap4%Best Track On Brave New World Vote_rcap
 4% [ 2 ]
The Nomad
Best Track On Brave New World Vote_lcap8%Best Track On Brave New World Vote_rcap
 8% [ 4 ]
Out Of The Silent Planet
Best Track On Brave New World Vote_lcap12%Best Track On Brave New World Vote_rcap
 12% [ 6 ]
The Thin Line Between Love And Hate
Best Track On Brave New World Vote_lcap6%Best Track On Brave New World Vote_rcap
 6% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 52

AuthorMessage
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

Best Track On Brave New World Empty
PostSubject: Best Track On Brave New World   Best Track On Brave New World Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 9:21 am

With Spectrefate bringing up the issue of the length of time since this album came out, the results of my poll in the fall (which Maiden reunion album is your favortie-the majority of which chose BNW), and the fact that I listened to it at work last night I figured I'd find which track is everyone's favorite (it IS multiple choice if you can't choose just one).

I went with Ghost Of The Navigator which wins by a narrow margin (Brave New World, Dream Of Mirrors, and Out Of The Silent Planet are close runner ups). That song was the one that stuck out the most for me moreso than the others.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Best Track On Brave New World   Best Track On Brave New World Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 9:23 am

Mine is Ghost of the Navigator. But I love every song off this album.
Some peeps don't like the "new/reunited" IM, but I personally prefer it to the original 80's stuff.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Best Track On Brave New World   Best Track On Brave New World Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 9:33 am

The whole thing is so good! I voted Wicker Man, but it could have been any of at least 8 of them.

Spectre - when this first came out I was so worried. Man, was I giddy when I heard the results! In my wildest imagination I didn't think they'd come back with Bruce like this!

I can't count it above the First Five, but it was the best for me since Powerslave. It's not better.....I'd see differently equal. To me it's only modern in production values whilst retaining that classic Maiden sounds. Love it!
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Best Track On Brave New World   Best Track On Brave New World Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 9:38 am

"Wicker Man" for me. I will never forget sitting in my seat at Madison Square Garden waiting for Maiden to come onstage on the BRAVE NEW WORLD tour, because I had NEVER seen Maiden live and was positively giddy that I was finally getting to see them after being a fan for over 15 years... when they trotted out and opened the set with "Wicker Man" suddenly all was right in my world!! 🤘

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Best Track On Brave New World   Best Track On Brave New World Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 10:34 am

Voted for the Wicker Man,although the whole album is great.I remember getting this when it first came out.I was so glad they got Bruce back
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Best Track On Brave New World   Best Track On Brave New World Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 11:03 am

I like every song from this album, but Brave New World is in my opinion the best song.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Best Track On Brave New World   Best Track On Brave New World Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 1:19 pm

Wicker is a personal fave

scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Best Track On Brave New World   Best Track On Brave New World Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 2:18 pm

The only thing that irritates me - and ignorance is bliss - is that after owning the CD I heard Wicker Man (unbelievably in Abilene "By God" Texas) on the radio and the radio version had a cool "echo" where in the back you could hear the chorus or somebody singing "They will be done". I don't hear that on the CD. Mad
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Best Track On Brave New World   Best Track On Brave New World Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 2:21 pm

BNW, Ghost, Silent planet and Blood Brothers
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/

PostSubject: Re: Best Track On Brave New World   Best Track On Brave New World Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 2:22 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
The only thing that irritates me - and ignorance is bliss - is that after owning the CD I heard Wicker Man (unbelievably in Abilene "By God" Texas) on the radio and the radio version had a cool "echo" where in the back you could hear the chorus or somebody singing "They will be done". I don't hear that on the CD. Mad

Yeah, the single version has that weird chorus. Can't say that I like the radio version.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Best Track On Brave New World   Best Track On Brave New World Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 2:34 pm

Wow, never heard that version, and used to own the single!!!! haha

I voted Blood Brothers. Such an awesome anthem.

scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Best Track On Brave New World   Best Track On Brave New World Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 2:35 pm

That's it! Thanks. I like it better, slightly.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: Best Track On Brave New World   Best Track On Brave New World Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 6:59 pm

Nomad for me.
It contains everything i love about a Maiden song
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Best Track On Brave New World   Best Track On Brave New World Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 7:07 pm

Silent Planet
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: Best Track On Brave New World   Best Track On Brave New World Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 7:34 pm

Voted for Out Of The Silent Planet. But it really was a toss-up.

Funny thing about that "thy will be done" added in the chorus of Wicker Man; I used to get those monthly Aggro samplers that had that as an advance track. When I got the album I thought there must have been a glitch or something since I was so used to hearing it in there. For me it still sounds strange and distracting without it.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Best Track On Brave New World   Best Track On Brave New World Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 7:51 pm

Interesting Jstate.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Best Track On Brave New World   Best Track On Brave New World Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 10:36 pm

I love every song of this album, especially the first 7; but I went with Dream of Mirrors b/c it stood out the most on first spin of the disc some 8 years ago.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Best Track On Brave New World   Best Track On Brave New World Icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2008 11:55 pm

Tough to say - I love the whole album! Bruce being back was reason enough for me to buy it the day it came out!
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best Track On Brave New World   Best Track On Brave New World Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 1:51 am

Blood Brothers is my fav.
Back to top Go down
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Best Track On Brave New World   Best Track On Brave New World Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 1:53 am

BTW: I voted ALL SONGS.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Best Track On Brave New World   Best Track On Brave New World Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 10:27 am

Wicker Man. Great tune and a real powerful way to start off the cd.
Back to top Go down
metalinmyveins
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
metalinmyveins

Number of posts : 3325

PostSubject: Re: Best Track On Brave New World   Best Track On Brave New World Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 9:12 pm

Ah, time to resurrect another old thread that I stumbled upon and for some reason never saw way back in the day. I voted for "Ghost of the Navigator" in the slimmest of margins over "The Wicker Man". For myself, this is still the best post reunion album with Bruce. I love this album.
Back to top Go down
glassprison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
glassprison

Number of posts : 2960

PostSubject: Re: Best Track On Brave New World   Best Track On Brave New World Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 10:24 pm

I voted for "Ghost of the Navigator" and "Brave New World." It could have been "Dream of Mirrors," but I think the part where they speed up the chorus towards the end sounds really off.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Best Track On Brave New World   Best Track On Brave New World Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2019 10:53 pm

One of their best releases. I voted Ghost of the Navigator and Blood Brothers.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 40562

PostSubject: Re: Best Track On Brave New World   Best Track On Brave New World Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2019 5:52 am

Gotta go with Wicker Man
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Best Track On Brave New World   Best Track On Brave New World Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next