Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates...

Go down 
+16
Fat Freddy
skullsmasher
SideShowDisaSter
sam
Stender
Lurideath
vanillaviking
martinsane
sovdat
jstate
James B.
Troublezone
nevermore
EvyMetal
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates... Empty
PostSubject: OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates...   OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 10:14 am

Looks like they are skipping my city on this tour! Bummer!!! Of course the club they would have played in is closed due to the fire next door anyhow... Sad

The dates are as follows:
Sep. 25 - Houston, TX @ Scout Bar
Sep. 26 - San Antonio, TX @ Scout Bar
Sep. 27 - Dallas, TX @ Ridglea Theater
Sep. 28 - Oklahoma City, OK @ The Conservatory
Sep. 29 - Lubbock, TX @ Jake's
Sep. 30 - Phoenix, AZ @ The Brickhouse
Oct. 01 - West Hollywood, CA @ Key Club
Oct. 02 - San Marcos, CA @ Jumping Turtle
Oct. 03 - Mexicali, MX @ El Jardin
Oct. 04 - Orangevale, CA @ Boardwalk
Oct. 05 - Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theater
Oct. 06 - Seattle, WA @ El Corazon
Oct. 07 - Spokane, WA @ Big Easy
Oct. 09 - Maplewood, MN @ The Rock
Oct. 10 - Milwaukee, WI @ The Rave
Oct. 11 - Mokena, IL @ The Pearl Room
Oct. 12 - Cleveland, OH @ Peabodys
Oct. 13 - Toronto, ONT @ El Mocambo
Oct. 14 - Pittsburgh, PA @ Rex Theater
Oct. 15 - Rochester, NY @ Penny Arcade
Oct. 16 - Allentown, PA @ Crocodile Rock
Oct. 17 - West Springfield, VA @ Jaxx
Oct. 18 - Sayreville, NJ @ Starland Ballroom

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates...   OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 11:38 am

I missed them when they were touring for the last album, and it looks as if I will miss them this time as well. I guess I was just never meant to see Overkill live.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates...   OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 11:49 am

I'm not gonna drive out to Hollywood just to see them.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

PostSubject: Re: OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates...   OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 6:19 pm

No close date for me. Sad
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates...   OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 8:27 pm

Not long ago they didn't even come over to the west coast. I saw them for their last tour and it was my first time to see them live. The show was decent but not what i expected. I've been a fan of theirs since The Years of Decay days and i have heard their shows were pretty insane when they were "younger" but they must of tamed down a bit nowadays exept for Blitz who still has a great stage presence!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates...   OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 8:38 pm

Like most bands anymore.....it is hit and miss as to what type of show you're gonna get. The audience has alot to do with it. I would rather see a band in a smalll club than an arena or stadium. I got a black eye at an OVERKILL show years ago from a chick (go figure) A show is what you make it. I plan to check em out in Orangevale, but that's a ways off. I always witness a band being sterile onstage untill a few folks in the crowd get them to the next level. I am gonna go and have a good time regardless. The saying goes...."That was then and this is now"

Laterz

oh yeah....good to see a band still getrting busy
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates...   OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates... Icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2008 9:47 pm

No Vegas date so no Overkill this go around.

Saw them in the early nineties at HammerJacks in Baltimore. Probably my favorite show of all time. Intense and insane doesn't begin to describe it. My friend Kevin actually got his nose broken in the pit. And he was probably the happiest guy in the place after it happened. We looked like we'd been through a battlezone after. I think my head rang for a week. It was incredible.
Back to top Go down
sovdat
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates...   OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 12:29 am

They were a 10/10 live band both times I saw them; and that was 1400 km and 900 km away from my home, so there's no excuses about the distance ...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates...   OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 12:39 am

I saw them last tour and, if anything, they were BETTER than when I saw them in the 80's. But that Rat Skates episode that I have spoke about in the past really left a bad taste for me. And I know they were pretty hard party-ers back then - can't envision them still this good without cleaning up some.
Back to top Go down
martinsane
Metal master
Metal master
martinsane

Number of posts : 924

PostSubject: Re: OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates...   OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates... Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 12:55 am

Man October is a lifetime away, but at least they are playing a club, the El Corazon, that my buddy owns so on the list I go for this one.

Always have loved Overkill just never have seen them, really lookig forward to it in this teeny venue.
Back to top Go down
vanillaviking
Metal student
Metal student
vanillaviking

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates...   OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 3:12 pm

some venues & STATES are all different now, if all this is confirmed/true..have another look! OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates... 927150

http://enterthevault.com/artist.php?id=40
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates...   OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 3:50 pm

I'm going to the San Marcos show.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3906

PostSubject: Re: OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates...   OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 7:33 pm

Not surprising, no Vegas date.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates...   OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 12:12 am

I may an try for the portland hawthorne theater show. Why are they playing at hawthorne though...Roseland theater is the better house by far. Its not like overkill can't afford it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates...   OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 7:42 am

jstate wrote:
No Vegas date so no Overkill this go around.

Saw them in the early nineties at HammerJacks in Baltimore. Probably my favorite show of all time. Intense and insane doesn't begin to describe it. My friend Kevin actually got his nose broken in the pit. And he was probably the happiest guy in the place after it happened. We looked like we'd been through a battlezone after. I think my head rang for a week. It was incredible.

I saw them at Hammerjacks on the Horrorscope tour...I think Galactic Cowboys was the opening act (if memory serves).

Hammerjacks brings back lots of good memories, I saw alot of great shows there: Wrathchild America, Slayer, King's X, Savatage, Badlands, etc.
Back to top Go down
vanillaviking
Metal student
Metal student
vanillaviking

Number of posts : 118

PostSubject: Re: OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates...   OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 12:46 pm

ultmetal wrote:

The dates are as follows:
Sep. 25 - Houston, TX @ Scout Bar
Sep. 26 - San Antonio, TX @ Scout Bar
Sep. 27 - Dallas, TX @ Ridglea Theater
Sep. 28 - Oklahoma City, OK @ The Conservatory
Sep. 29 - Lubbock, TX @ Jake's
Sep. 30 - Phoenix, AZ @ The Brickhouse

these are cancelled now according to their website.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates...   OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates... Icon_minitimeFri Oct 03, 2008 9:33 pm

Oct. 02 - San Marcos, CA @ Jumping Turtle

Just saw the band yesterday and it was a very small club but that gave a great "old school" vibe. After the first song the moshing never stopped the entire show. I was in the pit for a while but some soaking wet sweaty people started getting on my nerves so i went back to just watching the show. It was an interesting mix of songs, they played mostly from mid to late era albums and i can't remember the whole set list but they started with the song Where It Hurts and they also played Hello from the Gutter, Horrorscope, Necroshine, Elimination, Skull and Bones, Wrecking Crew etc... ended the show as Blitz said "with Tradition" F You.

Last edited by troublezone on Wed Oct 08, 2008 9:53 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates...   OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 7:10 am

TZ - did you get to see Toxic Holocaust or some crap called "Epicurean"? Warbringer is gonna be excellent, but it sucks no TH for the Mpls show this week!
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates...   OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 10:01 am

planning on going to see them 2'nite in Orangevale
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates...   OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 12:07 pm

dang, no Georgia shows
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates...   OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 12:20 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:
TZ - did you get to see Toxic Holocaust or some crap called "Epicurean"? Warbringer is gonna be excellent, but it sucks no TH for the Mpls show this week!

Warbringer was the band on just before Overkill. My friends band (Army of Darkness) opened the show, i only paid $10 for two tickets. Toxic Holocaust was there but i don't recall the band Epicurean, they probably were there but i didn't pay attention.
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates...   OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 4:54 pm

Damn, they're not going to be anywhere near me! I'd LOVE to see them live! Overkill has been one of my favorite bands for a long time now.

Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates...   OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 5:03 pm

SAXON1500 wrote:

You going Uncle Saxon? Wish I could be there. One of these days I'm gonn get down to Mpls to see a show with you.

ult

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates...   OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 7:53 pm

ultmetal wrote:
SAXON1500 wrote:

You going Uncle Saxon? Wish I could be there. One of these days I'm gonn get down to Mpls to see a show with you.

ult

I have had the privilege of doing just that. UncleSax and his wife Ruth are good peoples. Getting to see Hirax and Tankard while there was an added bonus! 🤘

Metal master
Metal master
skullsmasher

Number of posts : 638

PostSubject: Re: OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates...   OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates... Icon_minitimeSat Oct 04, 2008 8:27 pm

Saw these guys once, love to see them again as a headliner when they get to play a bit longer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates...   OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

OVERKILL U.S. Tour Dates...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next