Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Dark Angel - Leaves Scars

Go down 
+6
Required Fields
Temple of Blood
ultmetal
DeathCult
kmorg
Muloc7253
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

Dark Angel - Leaves Scars Empty
PostSubject: Dark Angel - Leaves Scars   Dark Angel - Leaves Scars Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 1:30 pm

What do people think of this album? I feel it's pretty underrated, it often gets forgotten in between the classics Darkness Descends and Time Does Not Heal, but I think Leaves Scars is one hell of an album too. I really love the strange production and just find the whole thing to be a really heavy album. Songs like 'Never to Rise Again' and 'Older Than Time Itself', and also the awesome schizophrenic little cover of the 'Immigrant Song' are really killer thrash cuts.

Thoughts?
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Leaves Scars   Dark Angel - Leaves Scars Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 1:34 pm

One of my all time favorite thrash/death albums. I even like the Led Zeppelin butchering!

Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Leaves Scars   Dark Angel - Leaves Scars Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 1:37 pm

It's a great album. I'd say it's just as classic as th others. I love Death Angel's first four. Sadly, I still don't have We Have Arrived on disc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Leaves Scars   Dark Angel - Leaves Scars Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 1:46 pm

Who is Dark Angel?
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Leaves Scars   Dark Angel - Leaves Scars Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 1:55 pm

kmorg wrote:
One of my all time favorite thrash/death albums. I even like the Led Zeppelin butchering!

What he said. 🤘

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Leaves Scars   Dark Angel - Leaves Scars Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 1:57 pm

This is the album that got me into DA so it's my sentimental favorite. As good as it is, I have never really loved Darkness Descends. And only people like ult are lucky enough to have We Have Arrived.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Leaves Scars   Dark Angel - Leaves Scars Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 2:33 pm

spectrefate wrote:
This is the album that got me into DA so it's my sentimental favorite. As good as it is, I have never really loved Darkness Descends. And only people like ult are lucky enough to have We Have Arrived.

I wonder how much I'd get for my promo copy of WHA on ebay?

Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Leaves Scars   Dark Angel - Leaves Scars Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 2:35 pm

kmorg wrote:
spectrefate wrote:

I wonder how much I'd get for my promo copy of WHA on ebay?

You have a promo copy of WHA on vinyl?

I have a vinyl copy of "Leave Scars" that is peronally autographed by Ron Rinehart.
Dark Angel - Leaves Scars Da_leavescars_lp

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Leaves Scars   Dark Angel - Leaves Scars Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 2:36 pm

Nah, not vinyl. On CD. It has different colors, or should I say lack of color, on the cover art.

DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Leaves Scars   Dark Angel - Leaves Scars Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 2:40 pm

kmorg wrote:
Nah, not vinyl. On CD. It has different colors, or should I say lack of color, on the cover art.

A shitload. I saw one go over 100 bucks once.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Leaves Scars   Dark Angel - Leaves Scars Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 2:45 pm

DeathCult wrote:
kmorg wrote:

A shitload. I saw one go over 100 bucks once.

Are you kidding? I'm tempted to sell it now. If only I could find a regular CD copy first.....

DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Leaves Scars   Dark Angel - Leaves Scars Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 2:56 pm

Nope, not kidding at all. If I wasnt such a nut about original presses I'd just buy the Axe Killer version of it for $20. But I keep waiting to snag one of the older ones, or even the digipak with the graveyard cover, but I usually dont see them for less than $60
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Leaves Scars   Dark Angel - Leaves Scars Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 3:08 pm

DeathCult wrote:
the digipak with the graveyard cover...

That's the one I have. headbanger

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Leaves Scars   Dark Angel - Leaves Scars Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 3:08 pm

DC where can you find an Axe Killer copy for $20?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Leaves Scars   Dark Angel - Leaves Scars Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 3:11 pm

I just answered my own question. I just ordered it from Amazon. Holy crap, I feel like a missing piece of me has been restored!
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5702

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Leaves Scars   Dark Angel - Leaves Scars Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 3:38 pm

Some of the music is really good but the production is horrible!

I hate thrash albums where the drums and vocals are cranked.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
DeathCult

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Leaves Scars   Dark Angel - Leaves Scars Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 4:04 pm

ultmetal wrote:
DeathCult wrote:
the digipak with the graveyard cover...

That's the one I have. headbanger

angry You bastard!
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28414

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Leaves Scars   Dark Angel - Leaves Scars Icon_minitimeTue Mar 04, 2008 10:18 pm

I love Leave Scars! Very underrated album.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Leaves Scars   Dark Angel - Leaves Scars Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 2:51 am

I enjoyed Leave Scars as well. They continued to improve, skill-wise, with each album, and they were all good. My favorite has always been Darkness Descends. I like that early youthful raw energy. Gene is a super-intelligent man. His lyrics on the '89 and '91 albums were among the best ever written in Thrash, even if I don't always agree with 'em. He was right there with vintage Hetfield for putting his creative ideas into words. They played here twice in '89 on the Leave Scars tour. I had to leave the first show in May because of sickness, but I caught them the 2nd time around...

OVERKILL/DARK ANGEL/WOLFSBANE
Monday, December 18, 1989
The Switch
Raleigh, NC
Back to top Go down
Invader
Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Leaves Scars   Dark Angel - Leaves Scars Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 12:33 pm

Good album, but it isn't their best.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Leaves Scars   Dark Angel - Leaves Scars Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 12:37 pm

Invader wrote:

...and their best is?

Metal master
Metal master
Invader

Number of posts : 590

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Leaves Scars   Dark Angel - Leaves Scars Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 12:38 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Invader wrote:

...and their best is?

In my opinion "Time Does Not Heal" is their best album.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Leaves Scars   Dark Angel - Leaves Scars Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 6:12 pm

Invader wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Invader wrote:

...and their best is?

In my opinion "Time Does Not Heal" is their best album.

Agreed!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Leaves Scars   Dark Angel - Leaves Scars Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 7:02 pm

Ehh... I think they peaked with "We Have Arrived" and "Darkness Descends." Everything afterwards seems like they were trying too hard. Although "Time Does Not Heal" does have its moments.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Leaves Scars   Dark Angel - Leaves Scars Icon_minitimeWed Mar 05, 2008 7:03 pm

I never understood why bands are crticized for "trying too hard".

You're supposed to try/work hard.

One can argue that thy tried in the wrong direction though, which I guess is what most people mean when they say that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Angel - Leaves Scars   Dark Angel - Leaves Scars Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Angel - Leaves Scars
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next