Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

David Bowie

Go down 
+4
manny
Addy
Shiney
ultmetal
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

David Bowie - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: David Bowie   David Bowie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 7:43 pm

detuned wrote:
David Bowie - Page 2 D644316ci1m

I like pretty much all Bowie, but the Young Americans album contains one of my all-time favorite tracks "Fame", which is about as hip as it gets. I really don't think there's any era that doesn't work for me.

I also love the Tin Machine albums and think they are very underrated.

Young Americans is also my favorite Bowie album. Other than that I just have a couple of compilations.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
criss3o
Metal student
Metal student
criss3o

Number of posts : 176

PostSubject: Re: David Bowie   David Bowie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 8:46 pm

manny wrote:
criss3o wrote:
I LOVE Bowie! Addy knows that! HAHA!

I really wouldn't know where to begin listing my favs as it is all sooo good!

Give it a shot , how about your top 5 albums and why.

OK! Here goes:

Ziggy Stardust - Classic in every way! Great songs, concept and sound! Both ahead of it's time and timeless!

Aladdin Sane - Second only to Ziggy!

Station To Station - The perfect mix of the Berlin/Eno trilogy and Diamond Dogs! Perfect!!!

Scary Monsters... - Here David stays current and evolving at once! Robert Fripp's solo on Fashion is untouchable!!!

Outside - Nobody but Bowie could make an album so Dark yet Beautiful!

The only major problem with my list is it is missing:
Hunky Dory
Low
Diamond Dogs
Earthling
Let's Dance
Low
Heathen
Reality
etc...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: David Bowie   David Bowie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 2:35 am

Listened to " Young Americans" David Bowie's so called "Plastic Soul" period. Excellent album, had to listen to it on vinyl haven't replaced it with a CD version.

Great album and 100 degree stylistic change from his last album. He the influences he was soaking in America from R &B and soul acts and wrote his version of a soul album. Songs like " Young Americans" and "Fascination" features a young soul singer Luther Vandross making his recording debut and mainstream jazz sazophonist David Sanborn making appearance also, plus the classic singal co-written by John Lennon " Fame" makes a classic and an interesting listen from an artist who was and is constantly evolving.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: David Bowie   David Bowie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 11:55 am

Alladdin Sane is my fave...that and Scary Monsters...but I like pretty much everything I've ever heard from the man...I also have a soft spot for The Man Who Sold The World...
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: David Bowie   David Bowie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 28, 2008 12:13 pm

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Alladdin Sane is my fave...that and Scary Monsters...but I like pretty much everything I've ever heard from the man...I also have a soft spot for The Man Who Sold The World...

All great albums Shawn. I also have a soft spot for "The Man Who Sold the World", a great album that was overshadowed by the follow up " Ziggy Stardust and the Spider from Mars"
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: David Bowie   David Bowie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 1:08 pm

I think Low is under-rated, I think Ziggy deserves all the raves it gets

When I first started buying David Bowie CDs the first one I got was Man Who Sold The World just so I could hear the original title track

Id really like to see Bowie do another album Im salvating for one

Criss is probobly a bigger Bowie fan than I and I consider myself a HUGE HUGE Bowie fan
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: David Bowie   David Bowie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 1:18 pm

I think Criss is bigger fan than I am also, he listed "Outside" as one of his favorite Bowie albums, a true die hard fan since that album was one that you had give a few spins to get into. To this day when I spin that CD I hear things that I have missed, great artist, I got to see him live twice, " The Glass Spider Tour" in 1987, great show and " Sound and Vision" Tour where he performed a greatest hits set, one of the best concerts I have ever seen.

Last edited by manny on Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: David Bowie   David Bowie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 2:01 pm

Id love to get Sound & Vision

Outside is a great album its one of my wife's favorites

Some honorable mentions for me are....

Never Let me Down
Outside
Earthling
Heros
Back to top Go down
criss3o
Metal student
Metal student
criss3o

Number of posts : 176

PostSubject: Re: David Bowie   David Bowie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 8:09 pm

Thanks for the kind words Addy and Manny!

I have the Glass Spider Tour on DVD! Great Show w/Peter Frampton on guitar!

Another great album not yet mentioned is the Labyrinth sountrack!
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: David Bowie   David Bowie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 29, 2008 8:24 pm

I dont personally include that as a David Bowie album as all the music isnt done by Bowie, but its a good soundtrack Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: David Bowie   David Bowie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 31, 2009 7:21 pm

I'm watching Live Aid on VH1 Classic and Bowie is playing "Heroes".

I want you to watch this and look for the topless guy in white pants with the tamborine and drumstick. Freaking hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh-igr8o-qA
Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

PostSubject: Re: David Bowie   David Bowie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Feb 02, 2009 12:52 pm

David Bowie is working on a new album in Germany

no real details but I found a little news clip about it
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: David Bowie   David Bowie - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 02, 2015 7:44 pm

Oh hell yeah!!! This has prompted me to buy the stupid money deluxe vinyl pre order
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: David Bowie   David Bowie - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

David Bowie
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2