Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41

Go down 
+10
DeathCult
MetalRob331
Shiney
Required Fields
HellRaiser
Fat Freddy
ultmetal
MetalGuy71
Tall Tyrion
tohostudios
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41   Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2008 1:41 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
That's a shame. I just saw him in the (classic) movie "Road House" on TV a couple of weeks ago. R.I.P. Jeff!

I just watched that the other night. Sad to hear. Rest in Peace, brother. Sad
Back to top Go down
spiritoradio
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
spiritoradio

Number of posts : 1510

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41   Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2008 12:41 pm

One of my favorite lines of the film is delivered by Healy

Bouncer Morgan(Terry Funk): This Dalton character, what's his story?

Cody(Healey): The story is, you f#@$ with him and he'll seal your fate.

Great line!
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?ref=profile&id=507304580
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41   Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 11:34 am

Has anyone picked up his latest and sadly last release A Mess of Blues yet? If I'm not mistaken, it's just a cd covering old blues standards. I heard a song the other night on the sattelite blues channel and liked it allot. It's on my immediate "want' list, but was just wondering if anyone has heard it yet.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41   Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 11:40 am

I have not. But I bet its ultra-killer. If you are thinking of buying it, just do it, you can't miss with Healey on the guitar.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41   Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 11:43 am

spectrefate wrote:
I have not. But I bet its ultra-killer. If you are thinking of buying it, just do it, you can't miss with Healey on the guitar.

Yea, I'm getting it regardless of reviews, opinions, etc.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41   Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jul 01, 2008 11:45 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

Yea, I'm getting it regardless of reviews, opinions, etc.

How very undouche-like. Kudos!
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41   Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 27, 2009 12:08 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Has anyone picked up his latest and sadly last release A Mess of Blues yet? If I'm not mistaken, it's just a cd covering old blues standards. I heard a song the other night on the sattelite blues channel and liked it allot. It's on my immediate "want' list, but was just wondering if anyone has heard it yet.

I picked this up last week at the Circuit City clearance sale. It's pretty much a stright-up blues covers album, nothing too far out there or highly original. Jeff does most of the vocals, but on a coupla of songs, another guy in the band takes over. But it's good for what it is. If that's your type of thing, you won't be dissapointed with this cd. It's sad that this was his swan-song, though.

PostSubject: Re: Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41   Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guitarist Jeff Healey Dies At 41
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2