Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Former Sodom guitarist dies

Go down 
+7
Lurideath
bassman
Shawn Of Fire
Alex Dee Rokket
Gilbert
exact33
Required Fields
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28479

Former Sodom guitarist dies Empty
PostSubject: Former Sodom guitarist dies   Former Sodom guitarist dies Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 9:07 pm

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=153053

Quote :
Former SODOM guitarist Dirk Strahlmeier, who played with the band from 1995 through 1996, has passed away.

Commented SODOM bassist/vocalist Thomas "Angelripper" Such: "As I learned from a reliable source, our ex-guitarist Dirk 'Strahli' Strahlmeier died this month in a hospital in Düsseldorf, Germany. Currently we don't know the exact circumstances of his death. Strahli played on the album 'Masquerade In Blood' which was released in 1995 on SPV. After that we had lost contact with him. Our deepest condolences to his family and friends."

Former SODOM drummer Chris "Witchhunter" Dudek died on September 8, 2008 due to vital organ failure.

SODOM's new album, "In War And Pieces", entered the German Media Control chart at position No. 64. The CD was released in North America on January 11 via SPV/Steamhammer.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23207

PostSubject: Re: Former Sodom guitarist dies   Former Sodom guitarist dies Icon_minitimeSun Jan 30, 2011 9:16 pm

RIP

Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9891

PostSubject: Re: Former Sodom guitarist dies   Former Sodom guitarist dies Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 12:28 am

Terrible news. RIP
Back to top Go down
Alex Dee Rokket
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Alex Dee Rokket

Number of posts : 1095

PostSubject: Re: Former Sodom guitarist dies   Former Sodom guitarist dies Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 1:50 am

That really sucks! Even though he didn't play on Sodom's most successful album, the passing of any current or former band member of any band is a great loss to the metal community especially Sodom.
Back to top Go down
Shawn Of Fire
Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Former Sodom guitarist dies   Former Sodom guitarist dies Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 12:57 pm

Bummer...RIP

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
bassman

Number of posts : 1939

PostSubject: Re: Former Sodom guitarist dies   Former Sodom guitarist dies Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 1:29 pm

Seems like musicians are dropping over dead all the time these days. That SUCKS! R.I.P.
Back to top Go down
Lurideath
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Lurideath

Number of posts : 3893

PostSubject: Re: Former Sodom guitarist dies   Former Sodom guitarist dies Icon_minitimeMon Jan 31, 2011 2:28 pm

Oh damn! That really sucks. I like Masquerade In Blood a lot too. Such a shame such a damn good guitarist can pass so young.
Back to top Go down
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 25949

PostSubject: Re: Former Sodom guitarist dies   Former Sodom guitarist dies Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 10:32 am

That sucks! RIP
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Former Sodom guitarist dies   Former Sodom guitarist dies Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 11:55 am

lame RIP dude.
Back to top Go down
Mujer Serene
Metal novice
Metal novice
Mujer Serene

Number of posts : 18

PostSubject: Re: Former Sodom guitarist dies   Former Sodom guitarist dies Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 5:59 pm

Sad
Back to top Go down
Leatherface
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Leatherface

Number of posts : 18986

PostSubject: Re: Former Sodom guitarist dies   Former Sodom guitarist dies Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 12:27 am

RIP.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/rickcaudill2
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Former Sodom guitarist dies   Former Sodom guitarist dies Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Former Sodom guitarist dies
Page 1 of 1