Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Flies On Fire

Go down 
+2
Shiney
tohostudios
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

Flies On Fire - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flies On Fire   Flies On Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 8:05 pm

No the computer stuffed up, so the message was sent twice. So to save myself from looking like a complete retard i edited it with a nice pic of the boys and myspace link.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Flies On Fire   Flies On Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 8:07 pm

tohostudios wrote:
BTW, I don't remember if it was rattpoison or Shiney who recommended Chinatown, but great recommendation! I'm really diggin' this disc. So far my favorite is "Streetlight Parasite".

That would of been Shiney, but i probably jumped in and gave it some effusive praise. Hows that earth shaking funky rhythm on Move Out. Totally shuffles all over Mr. Brownstone.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Flies On Fire   Flies On Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 8:08 pm

Yep! This disc is right up my sleazy alley!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Flies On Fire   Flies On Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 8:10 pm

Its a got a timeless sleazy classic rock n' roll vibe to it. Not entrenched to the late 80's or any time period just sleazy rock n' roll now. And yeah theirs that Faces influence again with this band.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Flies On Fire   Flies On Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 8:14 pm

Yup...they're killer....

Hairmetalluck just sent me a cd by a band called SLOW MOTORCADE...I'm digging sort of a CHINATOWN meets NANCYBOY britpop thing...a bit odd at times but I really dig it...

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=144974899

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Flies On Fire   Flies On Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 8:23 pm

Sex, Drags & Rock N' Roll (2002) is probably the greatest rock n' roll album of the 00's nearly maybe that mantle goes to Tsar or Sugarbomb.

New York Dolls meets Dramarama more like it. A bit of Beat Angels as well. Those big shiney sunny power pop melodies with those biting trash and sleaze guitars.

That album is so god damn essential.

And Shiney Nancy Boy are the bomb, i'm probably their biggest and only fan.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Flies On Fire   Flies On Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 8:47 pm

Quote :

Who?

Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Flies On Fire   Flies On Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 8:49 pm

NANCY BOY mid 90's brit-pop/glam band featuring JASON NESMITH (formerly of KILL FOR THRILLS and THE BEAUTIES) and DONOVN LEITCH (folkster DONOVAN's son)

Great album...and can be found for less than $1 all over the place....sadly!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Flies On Fire   Flies On Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 8:50 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Quote :

Who?

This
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I-f7e9XDWe0

Suede meets Gary Numan meets T.Rex
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Flies On Fire   Flies On Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 01, 2008 8:53 pm

Shiney wrote:
NANCY BOY mid 90's brit-pop/glam band featuring JASON NESMITH (formerly of KILL FOR THRILLS and THE BEAUTIES) and DONOVN LEITCH (folkster DONOVAN's son)

Great album...and can be found for less than $1 all over the place....sadly!

Don't forget Nigel Mogg (Quireboys) was also in the band. So you had a band made up of the sons of Donovan, Mike Nesmith (Monkees) and the nephew of Phil Mogg (UFO), any such thing as an 'offspring' supergroup.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Flies On Fire   Flies On Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 12:39 am

Does anyone know what happened to Flies On Fire? I loved this band, and now I can't seem to find any bio material or other projects the members may have gone on to...
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Flies On Fire   Flies On Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 8:19 am

The singer and drummer formed a punk band called Vitamade and released an album called "Everything You Need" back in 1996. I got it recently and other than the vocals, it sounds nothing at all like FOF.

PostSubject: Re: Flies On Fire   Flies On Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 12, 2008 10:29 am

Thanks - I went to Wikipedia and all my normal search routes and found nothing about what they're up to. I was hoping they'd all gone off to do similar projects - oh well...
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Flies On Fire   Flies On Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 13, 2008 11:53 pm

Here you are Metalguy, spill forth the opinions on your recent acquisition of the Flies On Fire's great second album.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Flies On Fire   Flies On Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 14, 2008 4:01 pm

MetalGuy.....if you like FOF (and how could you not)

track down the following bands:

THE JONESES
THE BROKEN HOMES

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Flies On Fire   Flies On Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 1:25 am

Oh MetalGuy would love the Joneses....i think.

His down with Thunders and the Dolls.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Flies On Fire   Flies On Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 9:45 am

I'm liking that Flies on Fire cd. Thanks to RP & Shiney for bringing these guys to my attention. Honestly, I think the band name is kinda stupid and certainly would have been overlooked (and probably has in the past). Seeing them in a bin of used cd's at a flea market for a buck? Well, how could I pass that up?

As for some of your other refrences, I'll keep an eye out for them as I scour the yard sales and used bins. Shiney, I think I may have owned The Broken Homes on tape at one time. Did they have some kind of connection to Aerosmith? I seem to remember Brad Whitford producing some band. Was that The Broken Homes? If that's the band I'm thinking of, I don't remember a thing about them and the tape is long gone.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Flies On Fire   Flies On Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 9:55 am

It is a stupid name for a band but Outside Lookin' Inside still gets frequent play at my house.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Flies On Fire   Flies On Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 9:59 am

tohostudios wrote:
It is a stupid name for a band but Outside Lookin' Inside still gets frequent play at my house.

Sorry bro, props to you too for starting this topic. Can't let RattPoison & Shiney take all the credit/blame.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Flies On Fire   Flies On Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 10:05 am

Smile

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Flies On Fire   Flies On Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 6:01 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shiney, I think I may have owned The Broken Homes on tape at one time. Did they have some kind of connection to Aerosmith? I seem to remember Brad Whitford producing some band. Was that The Broken Homes? If that's the band I'm thinking of, I don't remember a thing about them and the tape is long gone.

The Neighborhoods?
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Flies On Fire   Flies On Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 16, 2008 6:57 pm

rattpoison wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
Shiney, I think I may have owned The Broken Homes on tape at one time. Did they have some kind of connection to Aerosmith? I seem to remember Brad Whitford producing some band. Was that The Broken Homes? If that's the band I'm thinking of, I don't remember a thing about them and the tape is long gone.

The Neighborhoods?

I have Broken Homes and The Neighborhoods.

Can't remember a thing about either one except that I got both used at a store in Nashville about 20 years ago I think.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Flies On Fire   Flies On Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 10:37 am

tohostudios wrote:
rattpoison wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:

The Neighborhoods?

I have Broken Homes and The Neighborhoods.

Can't remember a thing about either one except that I got both used at a store in Nashville about 20 years ago I think.

Could be The Neighborhoods, I don't remember.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

PostSubject: Re: Flies On Fire   Flies On Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 17, 2008 6:51 pm

Brad Whitford produced the Neighborhoods, so that's what sprang to mind first. Kinda punky hard rock from the late 80's/early 90's.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Flies On Fire   Flies On Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 18, 2008 10:03 am

rattpoison wrote:
Brad Whitford produced the Neighborhoods, so that's what sprang to mind first. Kinda punky hard rock from the late 80's/early 90's.

That would be it. I'm a big Aerosmith fan and since Brad was attached to that band, I picked it up. Got rid of it years ago. Don't remember a thing about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Flies On Fire   Flies On Fire - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flies On Fire
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next