Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Faces

Go down 
+5
assault_attack
tohostudios
Shiney
MetalGuy71
rattpoison
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

The Faces - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Faces   The Faces - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 9:29 am

Rattpoison will not like this news of the Faces, also makes me wonder just how much money does Ron Wood need?

Rolling Stones guitarist Ronnie Wood is delaying a possible reunion of his former band the Faces because he wants more money, it's been claimed.

Faces frontman Rod Stewart is said to be keen to reform the group, who last toured in 1975, for a string of live dates and new album.

But Wood, who received a reported £10million from the recent Rolling Stones Bigger Bang tour, is apparently keen to receive assurances that a reunion would create a large sum of money.

“Ronnie feels the money isn’t up to scratch,” a source told the Sun newspaper. “He has told Rod to up his current offer. But despite the haggling, there are no hard feelings and they hope to reach agreement soon.”
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

The Faces - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Faces   The Faces - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:43 am

Didn't Ronnie recently get divorced? Maybe she cleaned him out? And he just did a stint in rehab. Betty Ford ain't free, you know. drunken
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

The Faces - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Faces   The Faces - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 10, 2008 10:58 am

That begs another question how many times does Ron Wood need to go to rehab? When Keith Richards calls you out on your drug use that signals a very serious drug problem!!!
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

The Faces - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Faces   The Faces - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 14, 2008 3:28 am

What do you expect, Ronnie's a six string pirate....of course he's mercenary.

But seriously he's been hanging around that Jagger too much if he is haggling for money.

If this falls through because of money i'll be heartbroken and one of my idols will seem just that little less cool.

We need a new Faces record, have you heard Ian McLagan great solo records of recent with the Bump band? All they need is Rod, Ronnie and Kenney over the top of them.
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

The Faces - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Faces   The Faces - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 7:01 pm

This from RS, looking more likely.......

Ron Wood has confirmed long-standing reports that the Faces are gearing
up for a reunion tour next year. “We had a few fantastic rehearsals
last week and we’re ready to go,” Wood tells Rolling Stone.
“It’s like no time has passed by.” Rod Stewart’s touring bassist Conrad
Korsch sat in on bass, replacing original Faces bassist Ronnie Lane who
died in 1997. “There’s a lot of guest bass players that want to do it —
including Flea,” says Wood. They plan on hitting the road sometime in
2009, though no dates have been set. “We just have to sort out when and
where and drop all of the management egos and just do what we can. We
know we can do it. It’s just a matter of getting everyone’s
availability sometime next year.” New studio work might also be in
their future. “Rod wants me to write a load of
new stuff for him, so I can do that,” says Wood. As far as Wood’s other
band goes, he says he’s “always itching to do more work with [The
Rolling Stones]. We just haven’t decided when and where, yet, but I
know we will.”

The biggest hurdle though is to get Rod to confirm his involvement.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

The Faces - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Faces   The Faces - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Dec 02, 2008 11:53 am

I don't know that I'd care much for a tour, as I don't see much live music anymore, but I'd certainly like to hear some new material.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

The Faces - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Faces   The Faces - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 8:59 am

from Rolling Stone:

Ron Wood has confirmed long-standing reports that the Faces are gearing up for a reunion tour next year. “We had a few fantastic rehearsals last week and we’re ready to go,” Wood tells Rolling Stone. “It’s like no time has passed by.” Rod Stewart’s touring bassist Conrad Korsch sat in on bass, replacing original Faces bassist Ronnie Lane who died in 1997. “There’s a lot of guest bass players that want to do it — including Flea,” says Wood. They plan on hitting the road sometime in 2009, though no dates have been set. “We just have to sort out when and where and drop all of the management egos and just do what we can. We know we can do it. It’s just a matter of getting everyone’s availability sometime next year.” New studio work might also be in their future. “Rod wants me to write a load of new stuff for him, so I can do that,” says Wood. As far as Wood’s other band goes, he says he’s “always itching to do more work with [The Rolling Stones]. We just haven’t decided when and where, yet, but I know we will.”
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

The Faces - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Faces   The Faces - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 11:40 am

manny wrote:
from Rolling Stone:

Ron Wood has confirmed long-standing reports that the Faces are gearing up for a reunion tour next year. “We had a few fantastic rehearsals last week and we’re ready to go,” Wood tells Rolling Stone. “It’s like no time has passed by.” Rod Stewart’s touring bassist Conrad Korsch sat in on bass, replacing original Faces bassist Ronnie Lane who died in 1997. “There’s a lot of guest bass players that want to do it — including Flea,” says Wood. They plan on hitting the road sometime in 2009, though no dates have been set. “We just have to sort out when and where and drop all of the management egos and just do what we can. We know we can do it. It’s just a matter of getting everyone’s availability sometime next year.” New studio work might also be in their future. “Rod wants me to write a load of new stuff for him, so I can do that,” says Wood. As far as Wood’s other band goes, he says he’s “always itching to do more work with [The Rolling Stones]. We just haven’t decided when and where, yet, but I know we will.”

Wow, this seems so familiar. Oh yea, here it is...

The Faces - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Dec 01, 2008 7:01 pm
This from RS, looking more likely.......

Ron Wood has confirmed long-standing reports that the Faces are gearing
up for a reunion tour next year. “We had a few fantastic rehearsals
last week and we’re ready to go,” Wood tells Rolling Stone.
“It’s like no time has passed by.” Rod Stewart’s touring bassist Conrad
Korsch sat in on bass, replacing original Faces bassist Ronnie Lane who
died in 1997. “There’s a lot of guest bass players that want to do it —
including Flea,” says Wood. They plan on hitting the road sometime in
2009, though no dates have been set. “We just have to sort out when and
where and drop all of the management egos and just do what we can. We
know we can do it. It’s just a matter of getting everyone’s
availability sometime next year.” New studio work might also be in
their future. “Rod wants me to write a load of
new stuff for him, so I can do that,” says Wood. As far as Wood’s other
band goes, he says he’s “always itching to do more work with [The
Rolling Stones]. We just haven’t decided when and where, yet, but I
know we will.”

The Faces - Page 2 337331

mini boss
mini boss
manny

The Faces - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Faces   The Faces - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 06, 2008 3:15 pm

Oops sorry dudes Embarassed
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

The Faces - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Faces   The Faces - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 09, 2009 12:51 pm

Ronnie Wood has bought his girlfriend Ekaterina Ivanova a modest gift for the new year…a £13,000 guitar that was once played by Jimi Hendrix.
According to The Sun, the instrument has both of their initials and the message “Sweet as a daisy, sweet as a pearl, you’ll always be my little kitten,” into the back.
The newspaper also alleges that Eka is learning to play the instrument with Ronnie Wood giving her personal lessons.
Ronnie will be back on stages in 2009 with the reunited The Faces.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

The Faces - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Faces   The Faces - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:08 pm

A spokesperson for Rod Stewart has denied reports that Stewart and Ron Wood have written an album’s worth of material for a new Faces LP that was to proceed a reunion tour. “There’s no plans for a Faces reunion tour this year,” the spokesperson tells Rolling Stone. Wood is working on a new solo project, but “Rod did not do any recording with him for that album,” according to the spokesperson. Reports out today also indicated that Flea was subbing in for the late Ronnie Lane on bass. Wood told Rolling Stone that Flea inquired about the job, but that Rod’s touring bassist Conrad Korsch was filling the slot.
In an interview with RS last month Ron Wood announced that the Faces had rehearsed a handful of times last year. “It was like no time has passed by,” he said, noting that tour plans were in the works. “We just have to sort out when and where and drop all of the management egos and just do what we can. We know we can do it. It’s just a matter of getting everyone’s availability sometime next year.”
With Rod’s calendar slowly filling up with tour dates, it’s looking more likely like Faces fans will have to wait until 2010 — though if Mick and Keith decide to bring the Rolling Stones back on the road by then, Ron Wood will become the one without time. Meanwhile, Faces drummer Kenny Jones and keyboardist Ian McLagan grow restless along with the rest of us.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

The Faces - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Faces   The Faces - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:50 pm

Jeebus!! I wish these guys would just sh!t or get off the pot! They're gonna keep dicking around till someone else drops dead.

The Faces - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Faces   The Faces - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 12:52 pm

Quote :
They're gonna keep dicking around till someone else drops dead.

Just one more year. I think Rod Stewart's credability can last that long. Although I'm not positive.

The Faces - Page 2 Thanks_for_the_Memory-_the_Great_American_Songbook_4
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

The Faces - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Faces   The Faces - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 2:35 pm

SpectreFate wrote:
Quote :
They're gonna keep dicking around till someone else drops dead.

Just one more year. I think Rod Stewart's credability can last that long. Although I'm not positive.

It's Zero.....he can't have it when he's released 30 years of crap music even if he was a huge part of 8 great/classic records that are near and dear to me.

Anyway bummed about it not going ahead at the moment but a little excited Ronnie's working on a new solo project/record thingy......i love his solo records.
Back to top Go down

The Faces - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Faces   The Faces - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 23, 2009 2:40 pm

The only Stewart song I can remember liking after his 70's work...was the cover version of "People Get Ready" from Jeff Beck's Flash LP.

As for what he's doing now, I've got no problems with the Great American Songbook...but Rod Stewart shouldn't be within a hundred miles of it...I think I'll keep listening to Billie Holiday and Joe Newman instead.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

The Faces - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Faces   The Faces - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 12:53 pm

More will they or won't they reunite news, here is the lastest:

The Faces may still reunite – but on a smaller scale than originally thought. A full-scale tour, it seems, is unlikely to happen.

Keyboardist Ian McLagan has said of the reunion that the latest idea is “we do a couple shows and film it. Whether Rod (Stewart) wants to do that…I’m hoping he’ll be into that ’cause it’ll be such a lot of fun. It’s what the three of us would like Rod to agree to.”
The Faces, with Stewart’s touring bassist, got together in London last November to play three dates. McLagan reportedly said that the sessions were “really, really great.” The following month it was leaked that The Faces would tour, with the Red Hot Chili Peppers’ Flea on bass, and that there would also be a new Faces album. However, in January both Flea and Stewart denied there would be a Faces tour.
McLagan has also reported that guitarist, Ron Wood, is currently in Los Angeles and has made plans to discuss the latest idea with Stewart. “I’ll get a call eventually, and maybe we’ll do something in June or July,” McLagan says, ” ’cause I don’t want to do anything next year. I’m not gonna wait again. It’s either gonna be this year…It’s now or never! I’ve got my fingers crossed, but I’m not going to waste energy trying to make it happen. I’ve worked for 30 years trying to make it happen. It’s now in the lap of the gods — or the hands of Rod, maybe.”
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

The Faces - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Faces   The Faces - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 03, 2009 1:34 pm

manny wrote:
More will they or won't they reunite news, here is the lastest:

The Faces may still reunite – but on a smaller scale than originally thought. A full-scale tour, it seems, is unlikely to happen.

Keyboardist Ian McLagan has said of the reunion that the latest idea is “we do a couple shows and film it. Whether Rod (Stewart) wants to do that…I’m hoping he’ll be into that ’cause it’ll be such a lot of fun. It’s what the three of us would like Rod to agree to.”
The Faces, with Stewart’s touring bassist, got together in London last November to play three dates. McLagan reportedly said that the sessions were “really, really great.” The following month it was leaked that The Faces would tour, with the Red Hot Chili Peppers’ Flea on bass, and that there would also be a new Faces album. However, in January both Flea and Stewart denied there would be a Faces tour.
McLagan has also reported that guitarist, Ron Wood, is currently in Los Angeles and has made plans to discuss the latest idea with Stewart. “I’ll get a call eventually, and maybe we’ll do something in June or July,” McLagan says, ” ’cause I don’t want to do anything next year. I’m not gonna wait again. It’s either gonna be this year…It’s now or never! I’ve got my fingers crossed, but I’m not going to waste energy trying to make it happen. I’ve worked for 30 years trying to make it happen. It’s now in the lap of the gods — or the hands of Rod, maybe.”

Boy, that clears things up nicely, doesn't it? Rolling Eyes

I'd just like them to put out an album. Would I go see them live? Maybe, but probably not. Would I watch a dvd? Probably not. Would I purchase a cd of new music? You betcher sweet bippy I would.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

The Faces - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Faces   The Faces - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 25, 2009 6:30 am

This from undercover.com.au.........

"Sex Pistols bass player Glen Matlock could very well have been the bass player with The Faces had the reunion happened.

There was a lot of press about Flea taking the place of Ronnie Lane but
Faces keyboard player Ian McLagan tells Undercover that was never going
to happen. “Ronnie wanted Flea. I wanted Glen Matlock. Rod wanted his
guy from his band,” Ian tells Undercover News. “I was thinking why not
get Glen Matlock to do it because his whole career is based around
Ronnie Lane. He started playing to Small Faces and Faces songs. He gets
it but I don’t think Flea does. Flea is great with the Chili Peppers.
It is a different thing”.

The legendary band, including McLaganMcLagan, Rod Stewart, Ronnie
Wood and Kenny Jones got as far as one rehearsal. “We rehearsed with
Rod’s guy and he was great,” Ian said. “If he hadn’t played Ronnie
Lane’s bass part with respect, I would have had a few words to say to
him. But he did and he is a lovely guy and he played beautifully and he
played in the style of Ronnie Lane which is all I wanted because if you
are not going to have Ronnie there is no point having Flea who is quite
an individual bass player. Ronnie’s got him on his new album which is
great. It is different”.

That well-publicized Faces reunion did not happen because of Rod
Stewart. “He has put the block on it for this year,’ he said. “It might
happen next year. We rehearsed in November in London. It was loads of
fun. We had a blast. We went through a dozen songs, reminisced and had
a good time. Then I figured we would do something this summer but he is
touring with his own stuff so he has knocked that on the head, but
maybe it will happen next year”.

Ian McLagan is also playing on Ronnie’s record. “I was just in LA
with Ronnie Wood playing on his new album. He had an idea that we
(Faces) should get together and play a couple of nights at the
Hollywood Bowl and film it and see how that goes and then take it from
there. Rod nixed that so there is nothing going on at the moment.
Frankly, I have waited around for so long that I haven’t got the
patience to sit here waiting for the phone to ring. I don’t need that”.

Stories surfaced that The Faces worked on new material during the
rehearsal. Ian says that is not true. “No, I saw that press release.
There were no songs at all,” he tells Undercover. “Woodie is making an
album. I am making an album. Rod’s not. Rod is touring. Kenny is back
in England so there is nothing going on. I am afraid there is no news.
Maybe next year. As I say. Never say never.”

Never say never is an appropriate statement for the keyboard
player. It was the title of his last album released in 2008. He is
currently working on his next album with The Bump Band. “It will be
next year,” he tells us. I’m looking forward to it."

Matlock was the guy i was screaming out for if they were going to do this so it's great McLagan was the one pushing for it...............although you just knew he was the one who would have been pushing for Matlock since he seems to be the only one who gets it and is the one who ensures the Faces legacy remains as it should.

Btw a few weeks ago late at night the recent documentary on Ronnie Lane (The Passing Show) came on TV much to my surprise. What can i say, a beautiful and moving portrait on an immense and obscured talent and great person. Had me in tears at the end of it. Just the greatest thing i've watched on any musician. I also thought it was great that they paid tribute to Nikki Sudden in the credits amongst others. If anyone doesn't know who Nikki Sudden is then you should check him out if you like quality songwriters and rock n' roll in the spirit of Ronnie Lane/Faces/Only Ones/Johnny Thunders/Keef/Dylan/Bolan etc.

Anyway here is a snippet of that Lane doco........

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Faces - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Faces   The Faces - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Faces
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2