Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Reviews at Metal Archives

Go down 
+9
DeathCult
nevermore
ultmetal
Smindas
Vordul
Muloc7253
mc666
Temple of Blood
bgast1
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

Reviews at Metal Archives - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reviews at Metal Archives   Reviews at Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 7:34 am

See, that's the thing though, I didnt rip it a new ass or anything. I always try to focus on negatives and positives when I write reviews
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Reviews at Metal Archives   Reviews at Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 8:16 am

DeathCult wrote:
See, that's the thing though, I didnt rip it a new ass or anything. I always try to focus on negatives and positives when I write reviews

Do you still have the review? Post it here.

ult

Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Reviews at Metal Archives   Reviews at Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 11:13 am

Smindas wrote:
But Muloc, you're right. That's one of the issues with Metal Archives - the site itself is brilliant, but a lot of the reviews are wrapped up in their own sense of metal knowledge and classification. As much as the more true (read: elititest) metal fans don't want to admit it, In Flames, Soilwork, Slipknot and Korn are all breeds of the same metal beast. Denying that is like saying that eels aren't part of the fish species. Sure, they're a little different to say a trout or salmon, but they're still a type of fish. Except I bet with fishermen, you don't get debates like "this eel isn't a true fish, it's just a modern sea creature!"

The problem is, of course, having to draw a line somewhere. If Slipknot, why not Limp Bizkit? If Limp Bizkit, why not Kid Rock? If Kid Rock, why not Beastie Boys? If Beastie Boys, why not Green Day? If Green Day, why not McFly? If McFly, why not Westlife? I disagree totally with the exclusion of a lot of nu-metal and metalcore, but I can totally understand why they do it.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Reviews at Metal Archives   Reviews at Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 11:43 am

Muloc7253 wrote:
I actually find it funny how bitter people get when their favourite bands aren't drooled over by other fans.

Quoted for truth.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Reviews at Metal Archives   Reviews at Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 11:45 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
Muloc7253 wrote:
I actually find it funny how bitter people get when their favourite bands aren't drooled over by other fans.

Quoted for truth.

Proof positive of this? Check out the Hall of Shame on NLTM.

PostSubject: Re: Reviews at Metal Archives   Reviews at Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 12:01 pm

Muloc7253 wrote:
Smindas wrote:
But Muloc, you're right. That's one of the issues with Metal Archives - the site itself is brilliant, but a lot of the reviews are wrapped up in their own sense of metal knowledge and classification. As much as the more true (read: elititest) metal fans don't want to admit it, In Flames, Soilwork, Slipknot and Korn are all breeds of the same metal beast. Denying that is like saying that eels aren't part of the fish species. Sure, they're a little different to say a trout or salmon, but they're still a type of fish. Except I bet with fishermen, you don't get debates like "this eel isn't a true fish, it's just a modern sea creature!"
The problem is, of course, having to draw a line somewhere. If Slipknot, why not Limp Bizkit? If Limp Bizkit, why not Kid Rock? If Kid Rock, why not Beastie Boys? If Beastie Boys, why not Green Day? If Green Day, why not McFly? If McFly, why not Westlife? I disagree totally with the exclusion of a lot of nu-metal and metalcore, but I can totally understand why they do it.
But Limp Bizkit is rap-metal. Kid Rock is not and could never be considered metal. Nor could any of the other bands you listed. Limp Bizkit is not included there because they're not popular. Or, more accurately, it's not cool to like them. Simple as that.
Back to top Go down
franang
Metal novice
Metal novice
franang

Number of posts : 40

PostSubject: Re: Reviews at Metal Archives   Reviews at Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 1:31 pm

the main problem with Metal archives' review, that 's aslo on internet now, is that everyone wants to give his view on this and that even though he hasn't a single clue about what's talking about. Many reviews on many forums are pretty poor as "common" listeners/reviewers haven't any musically background (i.e. reviews on Violent Solutions are hugly).
Now considering that a review is a "personal" view on the album it's obvious that it can't fit everybody, but let's admit that some reviews on Metal Archives are rather in deep.
Back to top Go down
http://franang.sts.free.fr/
Smindas
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Smindas

Number of posts : 2546

PostSubject: Re: Reviews at Metal Archives   Reviews at Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 27, 2008 2:33 pm

Eyesore pretty much said what I was going to.

Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Reviews at Metal Archives   Reviews at Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 4:06 am

ultmetal wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Muloc7253 wrote:

Quoted for truth.

Def Leppard is teh beztest band in da wurld!!!!!111
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Reviews at Metal Archives   Reviews at Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 2:23 pm

Muloc7253 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Muloc7253 wrote:

Quoted for truth.

They are.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Reviews at Metal Archives   Reviews at Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 28, 2008 5:48 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Muloc7253 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
Temple of Blood wrote:
Muloc7253 wrote:

Quoted for truth.

They are.

Reviews at Metal Archives - Page 2 021 Death to the nonbelievers!
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reviews at Metal Archives   Reviews at Metal Archives - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reviews at Metal Archives
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2