Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New Firewind

Go down 
+8
DallasBlack
UltraMagnus007
scottmitchell74
Follower of Jesus
MetalRob331
exact33
tohostudios
Wargod
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
nevermore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
nevermore

Number of posts : 26449

New Firewind - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Firewind   New Firewind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 8:37 pm

Haven't heard this yet. But I am digging the artwork. I'll add this to the ever growing list of wants.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: New Firewind   New Firewind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 8:44 pm

nevermore wrote:
Haven't heard this yet. But I am digging the artwork. I'll add this to the ever growing list of wants.

I find this one much more memorable than the last couple Firewind discs. The first track had me worried because it's completely forgetable IMO but after that the songwriting gets much more melodic while still allowing Gus G enough room to do his thing.

PostSubject: Re: New Firewind   New Firewind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 9:37 pm

Nice to see you like a metal album Toho. I think the cover of Maniac is dumb though.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: New Firewind   New Firewind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 9:39 pm

I like this one a lot too. I love Mercenary Man...

Alex

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Firewind   New Firewind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 8:11 am

emptytomb1 wrote:
Nice to see you like a metal album Toho. I think the cover of Maniac is dumb though.

Yeah, it is dumb. And the placement of it is even dumber. That should be a hidden track or something. They created a dark, brooding metal album and throw that stupid cover in as the second to last track. That just breaks the flow.

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Firewind   New Firewind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 8:42 am

tohostudios wrote:
emptytomb1 wrote:

Yeah, it is dumb. And the placement of it is even dumber. That should be a hidden track or something. They created a dark, brooding metal album and throw that stupid cover in as the second to last track. That just breaks the flow.

I must be the only guy who got a kick out of that.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: New Firewind   New Firewind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 10:17 am

I like the cover song too. But I have to agree with it being out of place. It should be at the end IMO. Oh well.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: New Firewind   New Firewind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 10:58 am

Rexorcist wrote:
I like the cover song too. But I have to agree with it being out of place. It should be at the end IMO. Oh well.

Agreed
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: New Firewind   New Firewind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 04, 2008 1:35 pm

I can get a kick out of it the first time I hear it, but after that it's in the way and I skip it. Just my opinion.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: New Firewind   New Firewind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 3:34 am

New video "Mercury Man":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R2gvQ_9gPDM
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: New Firewind   New Firewind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 7:35 am

This album smokes!
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: New Firewind   New Firewind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:16 am

Rexorcist wrote:
This album smokes!

NOT!
I've got a copy if someone wants to trade.
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: New Firewind   New Firewind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:17 am

You're crazy.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: New Firewind   New Firewind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:42 am

Rexorcist wrote:
You're crazy.

whats that got to do with anything lol!
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

PostSubject: Re: New Firewind   New Firewind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:53 am

lol lol!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Firewind   New Firewind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 12:58 pm

Man, I had some sever Firewind last night. Must've been lunch talking back to me. It was so bad I almost went over to Trog's cave.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Firewind   New Firewind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 1:16 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
Man, I had some sever Firewind last night. Must've been lunch talking back to me. It was so bad I almost went over to Trog's cave.

Yeah, he would have cleaned your pipes out for ya. sick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Firewind   New Firewind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 2:57 pm

I figured no one would notice the smell over there.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Firewind   New Firewind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:09 pm

I only got the cd last week.............it was the first Firewind cd i have brought but i plan on buying more of there stuff now as i was blown away by "The Premonition" & the vocalist has probably the best set of pipes on him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Firewind   New Firewind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:25 pm

Beware, the last one and the most current are the only ones with this vocalist. I think they are all good buy you might want to check them out first.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Firewind   New Firewind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:30 pm

This cd is kinda jekyll and hyde for me... There are some really strong points and there are some skip songs. I thought Allegiance was a better overall stronger cd. The Premonition has some outstanding moments - Mercenary Man is very very hard to get out of your head - but as a whole it is not the homerun I was hoping for. It is not a bad cd by any stretch but it was not as great as I was expecting...

Alex

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Firewind   New Firewind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:43 pm

Mercenary Man alone elevates this above the last couple Firewind discs for me. It's the most memorable song this band has produced IMO.

And I still say it reminds me of Over The Hill And Far Away.

The King
exact33

PostSubject: Re: New Firewind   New Firewind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 8:45 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Mercenary Man alone elevates this above the last couple Firewind discs for me. It's the most memorable song this band has produced IMO.

And I still say it reminds me of Over The Hill And Far Away.

I dont know about that - Falling to Pieces is a killer song. It is very close for me between those songs...

Alex

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: New Firewind   New Firewind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 9:07 pm

I actually think MM is forcing me to give this album more slack than it deserves. Mercenary Man blows me away and was such a surprise; not something I expected from Firewind considering I have all of their albums.

Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: New Firewind   New Firewind - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 10, 2008 10:31 pm

mercenary man is the only standout track for me.The rest seems so bland and samey.Give me Forged By Fire any day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Firewind   New Firewind - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Firewind
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next