Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Firewind: Firewind (2020)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

Firewind: Firewind (2020) Empty
PostSubject: Firewind: Firewind (2020)   Firewind: Firewind (2020) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2020 12:25 am

New s/t album expected to drop on May 15, via AFM.

Loving this song headbanger headbanger headbanger :

Back to top Go down
Lari
Metal is Forever
Lari

Number of posts : 6377

PostSubject: Re: Firewind: Firewind (2020)   Firewind: Firewind (2020) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2020 3:34 pm

I like Gus G in Mystic Prophecy but never got into his Firewind works. Nor have I heard his Ozzy stuff.

Not sure where I would start, if I did.

I have his Dream Evil CD's, but those did not wow me.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Firewind: Firewind (2020)   Firewind: Firewind (2020) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2020 3:51 pm

Burning Earth, Forged by Fire and The Premonition are among by favourites by this band.

I would recommend them to anyone wanting to discover Firewind. Straightforward Power Metal with memorable tracks.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Firewind: Firewind (2020)   Firewind: Firewind (2020) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2020 9:58 pm

Gilbert wrote:
Burning Earth, Forged by Fire and The Premonition are among by favourites by this band.

I would recommend them to anyone wanting to discover Firewind. Straightforward Power Metal with memorable tracks.

I love me some Firewind, and I echo those picks. They seemed to have a revolving door of singers but all are good. I think Apollo is the best of the bunch, but I like Chitty's vox on "Forged" a lot. While "Premoniton" is probably my fave. I play "Allegiance" in the gym a lot as well as "Few Against Many" but for some reason, "Days of Defiance" just never sat well with me. I have all except the live offering, "Apotheosis" which I have been looking at online on Ebay the last few weeks.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Firewind: Firewind (2020)   Firewind: Firewind (2020) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2020 11:33 pm

I still need to pick up Allegiance. No clue why I forgot about this one.

Days of Defiance was the album that introduced me to the band. Picked it up from Virgin Megastore (remember this awesome music chain?) back in the day.

Sentinel, you should give this album another chance man. It's excellent. I can't believe that this instrumental song is one of the album's best tracks:

Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

PostSubject: Re: Firewind: Firewind (2020)   Firewind: Firewind (2020) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 28, 2020 11:48 pm

Can't believe it. Just saw a copy of Allegiance selling for almost USD 900 on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Allegiance-Bonus-Firewind-2006-08-23/dp/B01K8L4TAM/ref=mp_s_a_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=Firewind+allegiance+cd&qid=1588131974&sr=8-2
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Firewind: Firewind (2020)   Firewind: Firewind (2020) Icon_minitimeWed Apr 29, 2020 2:50 pm

I do "like" DoD to a degree, it's just that when I am in the mood for Firewind, I reach for the others first. I like this new tune a lot. Henning's voice always slightly reminds me of Jorn.

As for the high price on Allegiance on Amazon, I think there is some sort of algorithm or software that raises and lowers prices based on sales. I really don't think people are asking that much for things in this time of a pandemic and the downturn in CD purchases. I know I mentioned it in the Shok Paris thread a few weeks back about the "Go For the Throat" disc being listed for nearly a grand. So, I think some of this stuff is a mistake. People can't honestly think they are going to get that for an album.
Back to top Go down
Glower
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Glower

Number of posts : 3219

PostSubject: Re: Firewind: Firewind (2020)   Firewind: Firewind (2020) Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 6:49 am

I have to admit. As musicians get older. As I do.
The music and lyrics become more enlightening for me.
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

PostSubject: Re: Firewind: Firewind (2020)   Firewind: Firewind (2020) Icon_minitimeFri May 01, 2020 7:34 am

Glower wrote:
I have to admit. As musicians get older. As I do.
The music and lyrics become more enlightening for me.

Agreed. I feel that way about the new Ozzy album. I know I have become more self aware since I hit my 40's some time ago.
Back to top Go down
FoJ
Metal novice
Metal novice

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: Firewind: Firewind (2020)   Firewind: Firewind (2020) Icon_minitimeSun May 03, 2020 8:36 am

I have enjoyed Firewind all the way back to 2002 and the debut, which is probably still my favorite Firewind album. It was so heavy! Stephen Fredrick has a great voice for this style of metal. I liked Burning Earth and The Premonition, but the rest of their albums have been “ok”. I like the new track above. I’ll definitely check out the new album when it releases.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Firewind: Firewind (2020)   Firewind: Firewind (2020) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Firewind: Firewind (2020)
Page 1 of 1