Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

New FIREWIND cd!!

Go down 
+8
kmorg
DallasBlack
Rex
ghost
Follower of Jesus
MetalRob331
scottmitchell74
exact33
12 posters
AuthorMessage
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

New FIREWIND cd!! Empty
PostSubject: New FIREWIND cd!!   New FIREWIND cd!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 7:23 pm

from CM:

In 2007, the Greek metal powerhouse FIREWIND began to solidify their spot as one of the genre’s defining artists with Allegiance, a scorching metal opus with powerful, melodic hooks and bombastic guitarwork. Just a year later this phenomenon, led by the young guitar sensation Gus G. (ex-Dream Evil, Nightrage, Mystic Prophecy, Arch Enemy), has returned with The Premonition, which is easily their defining moment. The much anticipated offering is set for a March 25th release.

The captivating new track, “Mercenary Man,” has just been posted on the band’s MySpace page (Click here to open link) so head over now to check it out. A stunning new video for the track was recently shot by acclaimed director Patric Ullaeus (Dimmu Borgir, In Flames) and look for that to make its debut in the coming weeks.

Gus G. further states: “I feel that the new FIREWIND album is yet another step up in our career – musically speaking. Once again we wanted it to have variation. I really don’t like those types of albums where you’ve listened to the first song and it’s like you heard them all. This doesn’t happen on FIREWIND albums and certainly not on this new one. Songwriting wise, I think all songs are special and once again everyone was involved in the writing as we basically kept the Allegiance ‘winning team’ together. Our influences draw from Thin Lizzy to Black Sabbath and Megadeth and you can clearly hear that on the riffs and guitar melodies.”

This past fall, FIREWIND completed their inaugural North American tour performing alongside Sonata Arctica, Epica and Visions of Atlantis, which ultimately was capped off with a rousing performance at the prestigious ProgPower festival. Expect to see them make their much-anticipated return to the U.S. later this year.

The Premonition is a dynamic metallic assault that was once again recorded and mixed at the famed Studio Fredman in Sweden with renowned producer Fredrik Nordstrom (Arch Enemy, Dimmu Borgir). This album is a must for any fan of heavy, melodic music and it’s an effort that is sure to help FIREWIND gain worldwide dominance.

- - - - -

That new songs smokes!! I am very excited about this one!!!!!!

Alex

New FIREWIND cd!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FIREWIND cd!!   New FIREWIND cd!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 7:26 pm

Yep. Heard it the other day. The new guy sounds great. It doesn't appear that they're going to please those looking for that early power metal sound, but I have no qualms about them bustin' out some more good old hard rock/melodic metal. I loved the last album.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

New FIREWIND cd!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FIREWIND cd!!   New FIREWIND cd!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 7:30 pm

Apollo's vocals really make this band work for me. I was lukewarm on them until Allegiance and after hearing him the music was so much better. I am very much looking forward to the new one. I hope there is an advance single this time as well..

Alex

scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

New FIREWIND cd!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FIREWIND cd!!   New FIREWIND cd!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2008 7:32 pm

Like everything they've done and Alliance was the best, so this is good news!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

New FIREWIND cd!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FIREWIND cd!!   New FIREWIND cd!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 5:02 am

Firewind is awesome
Back to top Go down
Follower of Jesus
Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 121

New FIREWIND cd!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FIREWIND cd!!   New FIREWIND cd!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 6:09 am

I still like Stephen Fredrick the best, but Apollo is a good singer too. Allegiance didn't last long on my playlist, though. This band will have to do far worse before I stop buying their albums. When its released, I'll be all over it.
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

New FIREWIND cd!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FIREWIND cd!!   New FIREWIND cd!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 6:40 am

Can't wait for this one. Since I discovered this band on the Comp Swap which Exact33 did for me. 🤘
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

New FIREWIND cd!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FIREWIND cd!!   New FIREWIND cd!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 11:35 am

I don't know much about this band, but that new song is nice!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

New FIREWIND cd!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FIREWIND cd!!   New FIREWIND cd!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 1:10 pm

My only exposure to these guys is Forged By Fire (which I liked quite a bit) and I'm guessing that was more power metal than what they're doing now (judging by the song mentioned here). However, what I heard just now sounds like good quality melodic hard rock and I will be on the look out for the new album.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

New FIREWIND cd!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FIREWIND cd!!   New FIREWIND cd!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 1:16 pm

I'll buy this one too. I've alike all the other Cd's fom this band. donæt think they will let me down now either.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

New FIREWIND cd!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FIREWIND cd!!   New FIREWIND cd!! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2008 6:43 pm

Firewind has matured as a band after tinkering on a few albums they have finally settled on their classic sound. It helps that Gus G isn't involved with numerous other bands!

So any new Firewind is always a great welcome!

Wargod48

NP: Laurie Morvan Band - Cures what Ails Ya
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

New FIREWIND cd!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FIREWIND cd!!   New FIREWIND cd!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 7:47 pm

Since I realized I posed in a copy topic, I'll go ahead and put it here as well to cover my bases:

Quote :
This album is a great slab of melodic metal (bordering on power in some places) and will definatly be a regular in my player. I got a big kick out of the cover of Maniac.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

New FIREWIND cd!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FIREWIND cd!!   New FIREWIND cd!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 8:02 pm

The new album is awesome! 🤘 picked it up today. I was a little disapointed at first though cause I went to FYE and they have a metal section but it wasnt there so i was like damn i'll just get it online. but then i was like let me take a look around and sure enough it was in the wrong section. they did the same thing with hammerfall one time too. BASTARDS!!! aaaaaaaanyway great album!
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

New FIREWIND cd!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FIREWIND cd!!   New FIREWIND cd!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 9:22 pm

FYE does that alot they don't always put it where it belongs. They were my only source for metal in northern MN and high at that but if I wanted new metal I had to pay!

I have it coming along with the single I have everything they put out anything with Gus G is mine!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

New FIREWIND cd!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FIREWIND cd!!   New FIREWIND cd!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 9:24 pm

Wargod48 wrote:
FYE does that alot they don't always put it where it belongs. They were my only source for metal in northern MN and high at that but if I wanted new metal I had to pay!

I have it coming along with the single I have everything they put out anything with Gus G is mine!

Wargod48

If the single is Mercenary Man it is a killer!

Alex

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

New FIREWIND cd!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FIREWIND cd!!   New FIREWIND cd!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 9:42 pm

I just ordered this based solely on the fact that I love Gus G's guitar!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

New FIREWIND cd!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FIREWIND cd!!   New FIREWIND cd!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 27, 2008 10:02 pm

exact33 wrote:
Wargod48 wrote:

Wargod48

If the single is Mercenary Man it is a killer!

Yes that is it I have the single from the last cd as well!

Wargod48

Alex
Back to top Go down
krokus
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
krokus

Number of posts : 4238

New FIREWIND cd!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FIREWIND cd!!   New FIREWIND cd!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 28, 2008 10:32 am

Yes, they played a video clip of this album on tv and it was great. I am going to buy it of course.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

New FIREWIND cd!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: New FIREWIND cd!!   New FIREWIND cd!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New FIREWIND cd!!
Page 1 of 1