Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Limp Bizkit or St. Anger

Go down 
+19
Tall Tyrion
shamgar75
the sentinel
iamrockerfun
Shiney
thejokeriv
Thrasher73
ultmetal
TheGooch
Chairman_Smith
MetalRob331
ghost
mc666
rattpoison
White_Mage
Fat Freddy
GrandNational
Temple of Blood
XYZ
23 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

Limp Bizkit or St. Anger - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 2:13 pm

ultmetal wrote:

Uhhh, that cover sucked IMO! Music was passable, but the vocals...blech!

"My brain says, rage, rage, rage..."

It's all a matter of taste I suppose, but I can't stand Limp Bizkit.

Total agree! Exacly what I think about it...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 2:16 pm

xyz wrote:
That "rage" part of the song really made me dislike that cover too.
I thought that was part of what made it cool. It made it more original than by just copying it exactly like the album version.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 2:33 pm

I opt for the red hot poker up the arse...

Sort of like aking "Which turd is more attractive: The one with the orn in it or the one with the peanuts?"

Poop is poop.... Very Happy

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 2:41 pm

what about
LIMP BISQUICK ?
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 7:52 pm

White_Mage wrote:
St. Anger hands down

why? because I actully sort of liked that album
and I sure as hell can't say I liked Limp Bizkit

My sentiments exactly. Very Happy Thank you.
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 11:34 pm

Temple of Blood wrote:
"St. Anger" is far better.

St. Anger but I still feel like throwing up.

sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick sick
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 12:02 am

I guess I would pick St. Anger, but ugghhh... what a choice.

And I think that cover of Sanitarium ruled! Especially if you close your eyes so you don't have to see the jumping around like chimps whan they do it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 12:26 am

ST. ANGER.
Back to top Go down
Muloc7253
Metal student
Metal student
Muloc7253

Number of posts : 246

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 3:43 am

Limp Bizkit is like the Winger of my generation - silly, fun, cliche pop metal that's still fun despite being complete blasphemy to true metal. I personally feel they're getting better (unlike pretty much every LB fan in existance) as I like their last two a lot more than anything else they've done. I understand the reasons everyone hates them, even agree with most reasons, but I still find them to be a whole barrel of fun anyway. Two things I dislike though, are Fred's rapping - I don't mind his singing but he's a very poor rapper, I like a lot of talented, technical rap artists but Fred is one of the worst I've ever heard. Also, I think that Chocolate Starfish, their most popular, is their weakest album, just way to excessive and overall boring, too much filler.

St. Anger is an album that had potential just failed because it meanders way too much. I don't like the lack of solos, I don't like 3 minute songs being dragged to 9 minutes simply by repeating the same song four times. No joke, the title track is a great song, but it's near enough played straight through back to back twice. They could have gotten away with it if they had some soloing in the middle.

Still, I do love some of the songs on their. 'St. Anger', 'The Unnamed Feeling' (the only one where the long length works), 'Sweet Amber' and 'All Within My Hands' are better than near enough all the Load/Reload stuff. None of the songs are particularly terrible, just dragged out way too much. It would have made a great 25 minute album. I like the drum tone, strangely enough. I think the fact that it's so wrong, that it's a complete inversion of the drum sound I have grown comfortable to is actually what adds to the appeal. The muddy guitar tone does leave something to be desired, but I don't hate it.
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 4:17 am

Limp Bisquik is NOT the winger of our generation.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 11:20 am

I'd take Winger over that smurf poo any day
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 12:00 pm

While it pains me to type this, I'd have to say Limp Bizkit. I never owed any of their albums but my old roommate did. He'd play them all the time and I'd find myself tapping my foot or nodding my head. St. Anger I can't even listen to. The *ping* noise of the snare drums hurts my ears. And I don't mean that in a Lars-sucks/bad production kinda way. I mean it really hurts my ears. I guess it hits just the right frequency to cause me physical pain.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 23, 2008 12:14 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
While it pains me to type this, I'd have to say Limp Bizkit. I never owed any of their albums but my old roommate did. He'd play them all the time and I'd find myself tapping my foot or nodding my head. St. Anger I can't even listen to. The *ping* noise of the snare drums hurts my ears. And I don't mean that in a Lars-sucks/bad production kinda way. I mean it really hurts my ears. I guess it hits just the right frequency to cause me physical pain.

At least he didn't hit the brown note.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Limp Bizkit or St. Anger
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2