Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Limp Bizkit or St. Anger

Go down 
+19
Tall Tyrion
shamgar75
the sentinel
iamrockerfun
Shiney
thejokeriv
Thrasher73
ultmetal
TheGooch
Chairman_Smith
MetalRob331
ghost
mc666
rattpoison
White_Mage
Fat Freddy
GrandNational
Temple of Blood
XYZ
23 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

Limp Bizkit or St. Anger Empty
PostSubject: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 10:04 pm

I was listening to the radio on my way home today, and they played a song by Limp Bizkit, their cover of "Behind Blue Eyes" by The Who. So, I switched the station. Then, I was listening to my iPod, had it on shuffle, and "Some Kind of Monster" came on, so I switched it. And now as I sit in front of my computer, not wanting to write an English essay, I started thinking:

Which is worse? St. Anger or Limp Bizkit?

I tried to think of something positive for each.

St. Anger is kind of thrashish. It sounds heavy.

Limp Bizkit is......well, umm, never mind.

So, my question is, if you had to listen to one or the other for the rest of your life, and you can't kill yourself or cause yourself to go deaf, what would you listen to?

St. Anger or Limp Bizkit?
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 10:09 pm

"St. Anger" is far better.
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 10:18 pm

I would take LB's first album only because the last track on that album is a 13 minute instrumental jam. I had this album way back in 1997 when it came out and remember how trippy that last track was. Needless to say, I've moved far along.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 10:21 pm

Geez, what a decision... why doncha just ask, "Which would you rather do, set your hair on fire or slam your nuts in a car door?" Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 10:23 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Geez, what a decision... why doncha just ask, "Which would you rather do, set your hair on fire or slam your nuts in a car door?" Laughing

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 10:40 pm

Limp Bizkit on their worst day is ten times better than St. Anger. Quit being fags.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
XYZ

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 10:53 pm

Eyesore wrote:
Limp Bizkit on their worst day is ten times better than St. Anger. Quit being fags.

I don't know man. Behind Blue Eyes cover was really, really bad. sick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 11:11 pm

xyz wrote:
Eyesore wrote:
I don't know man. Behind Blue Eyes cover was really, really bad. sick
I actually thought it was pretty good. I also think this is a badass cover, one of the best and most original Metallica covers I've heard:

Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 11:14 pm

St. Anger hands down

why? because I actully sort of liked that album
and I sure as hell can't say I liked Limp Bizkit
Back to top Go down
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 11:15 pm

Your metal senses say no, but then you gotta submit and say hey that ain't a bad cover.
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 11:21 pm

hold the phone?

that cover was actully pretty cool

I can't belive I'm saying this but....

that was a good cover by limp bizkit
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 11:23 pm

rattpoison wrote:
Your metal senses say no, but then you gotta submit and say hey that ain't a bad cover.
"Sanitarium?" I was actually really surprised at how good a job they did. Did you hear Korn's cover of "One" on that show? Horrible. Jonathon Davis even screwed up the lyrics.

Anyway, I saw Metallica when they played with Bizkit and Linkin Park a few years back; they played at Foxboro Stadium. Limp Bizkit played "Behind Blue Eyes" that night. During the middle of the song Durst disappeared from the stage, then he appeared on the complete opposite side of the stadium, in the stands with the fans, and he finished the song there, waving a huge American flag. You guys might laugh, but that was honestly one of the most powerful things I've seen live. I don't know why, but it was just awesome.

And hate them all you want, they do put on a great live show.
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 11:35 pm

that korn cover did suck no power and horrible singing
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 12:40 am

i liked some of St Anger, so it's not really a competition to me.

ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 1:49 am

St. Anger! Even if I don't think that it is very good, I sometimes listen to it. But I could never stand half of a Limp Bizkit album. They are totaly crap for me sick

I don't think that Behind Blue Eyes was a good cover and I don't like the Sanitarium cover.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 4:42 am

I'd take LB over St. Anger. I dont mind that cover of Behind Blue Eyes and i actually like a handful of Limp Bizkit songs.
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 7:58 am

I liked the Behind Blue Eyes cover, but thats about it.

Its mostly because of Durst's lyrics and partly because of his vocal style.... the music doesn't bother me.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 8:02 am

st.anger would be my first choice
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 9:47 am

Temple of Blood wrote:
"St. Anger" is far better.

Agreed, but that's not saying much.

nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 9:50 am

at least metallica did not rap on st.anger
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 9:55 am

st. anger for sure. i really like that album. limp bizkit were absolutely HUGE when i was in high school but i was never a fan.

and you've gotta love metallica's attitude - the same middle finger they gave to corporate rock and mtv (at least initially!) in the 80's, they now give to the so-called "diehards" who would prefer them to never change, never grow stylistically, and probably just re-record master of puppets every few years with different words.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 9:58 am

rattpoison wrote:

Uhhh, that cover sucked IMO! Music was passable, but the vocals...blech!

"My brain says, rage, rage, rage..."

It's all a matter of taste I suppose, but I can't stand Limp Bizkit.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 10:13 am

I dont mind a couple songs on St. Anger.
Back to top Go down
XYZ
XYZ

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 10:41 am

That "rage" part of the song really made me dislike that cover too.
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 1:23 pm

St anger by a mile - I can't stand limp bizkit
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Limp Bizkit or St. Anger   Limp Bizkit or St. Anger Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Limp Bizkit or St. Anger
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next