Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Science Fiction Fans, I Give You....

Go down 
+10
exact33
Sutekh
Dave the Boss
kmorg
EvyMetal
Tall Tyrion
scottmitchell74
SideShowDisaSter
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

Science Fiction Fans, I Give You.... - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Science Fiction Fans, I Give You....   Science Fiction Fans, I Give You.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 10:50 am

By the way, the film "Star Crash" that started off this thread can be found on DVD here...apparently it's also known by the title "Female Space Invaders," haha.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=5778557

$18.22 ain't a bad price for such a cheesy classic! I may have to spring for it sometime soon!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Science Fiction Fans, I Give You....   Science Fiction Fans, I Give You.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 10:54 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
By the way, the film "Star Crash" that started off this thread can be found on DVD here...apparently it's also known by the title "Female Space Invaders," haha.

http://www.deepdiscount.com/viewproduct.htm?productId=5778557

$18.22 ain't a bad price for such a cheesy classic! I may have to spring for it sometime soon!

For those with Netflix, you can rent this masterpiece here:

http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Starcrash/70061738?trkid=222336&lnkctr=srchrd-sr&strkid=603464696_0_0
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Science Fiction Fans, I Give You....   Science Fiction Fans, I Give You.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 11:20 am

spectrefate wrote:

For those with Netflix, you can rent this masterpiece here:

I bet you've already added it to your Netflix queue, haven't you Spec? Who could resist after seeing that trailer? Laughing

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Science Fiction Fans, I Give You....   Science Fiction Fans, I Give You.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 12:37 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:

I bet you've already added it to your Netflix queue, haven't you Spec? Who could resist after seeing that trailer? Laughing

Maybe Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Science Fiction Fans, I Give You....   Science Fiction Fans, I Give You.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 12:40 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

Maybe Embarassed

If you do end up seeing it, I take no responsibility for those 90 minutes of your life that you will never get back. Laughing

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Science Fiction Fans, I Give You....   Science Fiction Fans, I Give You.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 12:41 pm

I've seen "Pootytang". I am well trained in the art of wasting 90 minutes. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Science Fiction Fans, I Give You....   Science Fiction Fans, I Give You.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 12:42 pm

spectrefate wrote:
I've seen "Pootytang". I am well trained in the art of wasting 90 minutes. Smile

Ah, I see. Well, in that case I think you'll find that "StarCrash" is far superior to Pooty Tang. Star Crash has Space Babes AND The Hoff!!

Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Science Fiction Fans, I Give You....   Science Fiction Fans, I Give You.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 12:59 pm

Speaking of Space Babes:

Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Science Fiction Fans, I Give You....   Science Fiction Fans, I Give You.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2008 8:37 pm

None of the YouTube on-screen boxes are working for me now (as in not even showing up at all!)...
Sad

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Science Fiction Fans, I Give You....   Science Fiction Fans, I Give You.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 5:21 pm

Even more "Star Crash" fun... here's a compilation of three fight scenes from the movie featuring the lovely heroine "Stella Starr" in full on butt kicking mode... and The Hoff makes an appearance in the third scene as well!!

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Science Fiction Fans, I Give You....   Science Fiction Fans, I Give You.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Dec 23, 2009 4:42 pm

Bump....

Dang it, dang it, DANG IT!

I guess I probably should've jumped on a "Star Crash" DVD when I first started this thread last year... but at the time I had heard whispers of a possible new double-feature DVD coming, which would've paired it with the similarly howl-arious "Galaxina" starring the late Dorothy Stratten -- unfortunately, it looks like that DVD release isn't happening any time soon...a couple of DVD-geek sites I've visited seem to indicate that it has been permanently delayed, due to rights/ownership hassles.

Shoot. Now, of course, previous DVD pressings of this mess-ter-piece seem to be commanding ridiculous prices since they're all out of print as well. Ya snooze, ya looze, I guess. Science Fiction Fans, I Give You.... - Page 2 Icon_sad

Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

Number of posts : 2690

PostSubject: Re: Science Fiction Fans, I Give You....   Science Fiction Fans, I Give You.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Dec 25, 2009 8:51 am

Fat Freddy wrote:

...The greatest bad sci-fi movie EVER made. Here's the trailer for "StarCrash," a 1979 Italian-made ripoff of "Star Wars" that simply has to be seen to be believed. I saw this movie on Saturday afternoon TV one time when I was about fifteen years old and it's haunted my dreams ever since. When I came across this trailer on good ole YouTube, I laughed so hard I nearly fell outta my chair and simply HAD to share.

That... was... AWESOME!! Science Fiction Fans, I Give You.... - Page 2 201269 Science Fiction Fans, I Give You.... - Page 2 201269 I NEED to get this on DVD.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Science Fiction Fans, I Give You....   Science Fiction Fans, I Give You.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Dec 26, 2009 11:13 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:

That... was... AWESOME!! Science Fiction Fans, I Give You.... - Page 2 201269 Science Fiction Fans, I Give You.... - Page 2 201269 I NEED to get this on DVD.

You and me both, boss. You're in Europe aren't you? Then you might have an easier time locating this on DVD than I have thus far... apparently there's a Region 2 (which I believe is Europe, isn't it?) DVD that turns up quite regularly when I Google search for this flick. U.S./Region 1 DVDs are harder to come by.

Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Science Fiction Fans, I Give You....   Science Fiction Fans, I Give You.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 2:51 pm

Yeah, I read it was released in France on DVD. There's also supposed to be another American DVD release coming out soonish.

Man, I can't wait to watch this with a couple of buddies and a whole lot of beer. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Science Fiction Fans, I Give You....   Science Fiction Fans, I Give You.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Dec 27, 2009 4:26 pm

Dave the Boss wrote:
YThere's also supposed to be another American DVD release coming out soonish.

If you're talkin' about the rumored double feature DVD with Dorothy Stratten's "Galaxina," that appears to be dead for the time being... Sad

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Science Fiction Fans, I Give You....   Science Fiction Fans, I Give You.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 4:37 pm

Latest scoop has it that "Starcrash" will be released on DVD this August as part of Shout Factory's ongoing roll-out of the Roger Corman library... coooooool. I may finally get to re-experience this one again after all. It's been 25+ years.

Science Fiction Fans, I Give You.... - Page 2 Starcrash_1979_film_poster

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Science Fiction Fans, I Give You....   Science Fiction Fans, I Give You.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 7:18 pm

You gotta love that poster...it manages to ripoff both Star Wars & Battlestar Galactica...and evidently, an armed stripper in kick ass boots.

I have probably seen this at some point, willing to check out again just for Caroline Munro (boing!).
Back to top Go down
Dave the Boss
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Dave the Boss

PostSubject: Re: Science Fiction Fans, I Give You....   Science Fiction Fans, I Give You.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 8:33 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Latest scoop has it that "Starcrash" will be released on DVD this August as part of Shout Factory's ongoing roll-out of the Roger Corman library... coooooool. I may finally get to re-experience this one again after all. It's been 25+ years.

Science Fiction Fans, I Give You.... - Page 2 Starcrash_1979_film_poster

Yeah... oh yeah! I'll definitely pick this up. This'll work just dandy with a couple of buddies and a ton of very cheap beer.
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Science Fiction Fans, I Give You....   Science Fiction Fans, I Give You.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:24 pm

detuned wrote:
You gotta love that poster...it manages to ripoff both Star Wars & Battlestar Galactica...and evidently, an armed stripper in kick ass boots.

It's a good effort, for sure. I saw Star Crash on video about ten years ago.... great fun! I do actually own Krull on DVD -it gets a lot of flak but I enjoy it anyway! There were a number of films that rode on Star wars coat-tails, pretty much all of them were awful Very Happy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Science Fiction Fans, I Give You....   Science Fiction Fans, I Give You.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 03, 2010 10:33 pm

Krull was another movie I saw in the theater....

...and let's not forget...

Science Fiction Fans, I Give You.... - Page 2 Spacehunter3d
Back to top Go down
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Science Fiction Fans, I Give You....   Science Fiction Fans, I Give You.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 4:30 am

I had, actually. Thanks for reminding me! Science Fiction Fans, I Give You.... - Page 2 Icon_razz
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Science Fiction Fans, I Give You....   Science Fiction Fans, I Give You.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 8:09 am

"Spacehunter" was kick-ass! Michael Ironside was great as the Darth Vader ripoff "Overdog"

Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Science Fiction Fans, I Give You....   Science Fiction Fans, I Give You.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 8:28 am

Dont forget Buckaroo Banzai Across the 8th Dimension!

Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Science Fiction Fans, I Give You....   Science Fiction Fans, I Give You.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 8:38 am

How'bout this one?

Science Fiction Fans, I Give You.... - Page 2 Metalstorm_ver1

Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Science Fiction Fans, I Give You....   Science Fiction Fans, I Give You.... - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 04, 2010 8:57 am

detuned wrote:
an armed stripper in kick ass boots

That would be "Stella Starr," played by Caroline Munro (meeyow). She's kinda like Han Solo dressed as a hooker.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Science Fiction Fans, I Give You....   Science Fiction Fans, I Give You.... - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Science Fiction Fans, I Give You....
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next