Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"

Go down 
+23
James B.
Louder
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
zombiewalkin
kmorg
mc666
stepcousin
kethdredd
GrandNational
mr.electric39
Hamer12
shamgar75
thejokeriv
exact33
DallasBlack
SideShowDisaSter
Thrasher73
ultmetal
T-Roy
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
Rex
27 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 9:06 am

Leprosy, Leprosy!!! UNCLEAN!!!

Listening to this CD today! Such a killer album. :bangyerhead:

Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 9:35 am

On first listen to STB I didnt care for it. Guy's vocals bothered, still to this day they are a tad distracting.....almost like he is saying "Hey everybody look at me Im King D!" LOL

With that said Ive finally gotten into that album, it just took some time to grow on me. Psycho Surgery and Pathogenic Ocular Dissodance are my two favs. I have the reissue of POD coming along with Where Moth And Rust Destroy.

I had Microscopic View but that album just bored me. I sold it but kinda wish I hadnt. Maybe that one would have grown on me as well. Ive never heard the other stuff.....Vanishing Lessons, Crawl To China and whatever else. I probably should though.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 9:53 am

ultmetal wrote:
Leprosy, Leprosy!!! UNCLEAN!!!

Listening to this CD today! Such a killer album. :bangyerhead:

yep,killer album indeed.Its my favorite by them.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 10:55 am

Yea, I dig this one as well. As I think I mentioned on another thread, this band was my introduction to Christian music that wasn't Stryper and I was blown away by the heaviness, complexity and King Diamond-like vocals.
Back to top Go down
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 12:35 pm

Their best album by far! 🤘
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 12:49 pm

fainting fainting

I was prepared to mock you. Imagine my surprise when I clicked the thread!
Back to top Go down
zombiewalkin
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
zombiewalkin

Number of posts : 292

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 1:34 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
fainting fainting

I was prepared to mock you. Imagine my surprise when I clicked the thread!

lol!

Honestly I didnt expect TOB to pick Stop The Bleeding either!

Listened to Vanishing Lessons today for the first time and if I had heard this on the heels of POD I think I would have sick

Actually this isnt a bad album just not what I would call a Tourniquet album although it does retain some signiature riffs that I expect from Lenaire. Some briliant solos on this album too!
Back to top Go down
Louder
Metal student
Metal student
Louder

Number of posts : 136

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 2:34 pm

I'll always love that album. Everything about it seemed so over-the-top and crazy to me at the time.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 4:43 pm

Like Metalguy I was blown away at how heavy and technical it was when it first came out. Not my favorite by them but a very good listen.
Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 5:04 pm

I was fortunate to have seen them play live a few times before STB was released and have always thought the album is as intense as the live performances. The addition of Erik Mendez following the release of STB was a major upgrade from the situation they had before. I prefer the Gary / Erik tandem on guitars than any of the others and of course....The single guitar thing really falls flat. The newer stuff written with that in mind "works"....but....the older stuff with just Aaron playing really takes away from the impact of the music and the song. Not a bad tune on the disc (IMHO)
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 11:08 pm

It's my second favorite TQT record next to Psycho Surgery! I like the way Ritter sings the first record it's like King Diamond for christians. Great record!!!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 06, 2008 11:10 pm

I don't think I'd had any King Diamond exposure yet, so when STB first came out it was a new sound to me. Love at first hearing!!
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 12:15 am

Stop the bleeding and psycho surgery are my 2 fav from Tourniquet.
I got a poster from PSYCHO SURGERY album on ebay and frame it 🤘
That was the coolest christmass present I got to myself 2 yeards ago lol!
Back to top Go down
mez
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
mez

Number of posts : 375

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 7:17 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Funny you brought STB up.....just a couple hours ago Tears Of Korah came on my MP3 player and I thought "man, that's such a good album. One of the ones that showed me how great Christian metal could be"

Stop The Bleeding is still my favorite Tourniquet even though I love many others. It's the closest to perfect, if fact, and there's not one bad song on it for me.

I LOVE Guy Ritter's vocals and though I think Luke Easter does just fine, I still miss Guy Ritter's vocals.

I couldnt have said it any better!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 12:18 pm

Definatly my favorite of the classic Tourniquet era (though none top Microscopic to my ears).
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Sutekh
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Sutekh

Number of posts : 1466

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 7:58 pm

Ahhh -this album was time where I fel that that Christian metal became equal in terms of quality to other metal! This blew me away, though I can remember the conservative salesmen in the Christian bookshop saying that it was easy to play and that all mistakes got covered by distortion -obviously they had never actually listened to the album. This is an incredible album, with nary a flat spot, and everything of the highest quality. I loved Ritter's vocals, and found that they complemented the music (I might even be one of the few who was a little disappointed when Leanire's vocals became more prominent Laughing ). The dual guitar set up was great -and it's one area I feel that 'modern' Tourniquet lack in -as it sounds noticeably thinner to my ears. Stop the Bleeding is one of the landmark Christian metal releases.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 07, 2008 8:03 pm

Quote :
(I might even be one of the few who was a little disappointed when Leanire's vocals became more prominent Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" - Page 2 Icon_lol ).

You are not alone.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2