Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"

Go down 
+23
James B.
Louder
Temple of Blood
MetalGuy71
zombiewalkin
kmorg
mc666
stepcousin
kethdredd
GrandNational
mr.electric39
Hamer12
shamgar75
thejokeriv
exact33
DallasBlack
SideShowDisaSter
Thrasher73
ultmetal
T-Roy
Fat Freddy
scottmitchell74
Rex
27 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" Empty
PostSubject: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 2:38 pm

Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" 200px-Tourniquet_-_Stop_the_Bleeding

I'm new to Tourniquet as I have stated before.

Until this week all I have heard was the song Ark of Suffering and the "Microscopic..." album.

But what are people's thoughts on Guy Ritter's vocal performance on the "Stop the Bleeding" album? I much prefer Gary Lenaire's shouting technique to Guy Ritter's weird King Diamond thing. It's almost distracting. In fact, I think the little bit of vocals he does on Ark of Suffering just sound goofy. I don't know.

What do you think?
Back to top Go down
Rex
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Rex

Number of posts : 2056

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 2:44 pm

I think you need to check this one out later then and get "Pathogenic Ocular Disomethingoranthter" next! Then get "Psycho Surgery" then "Stop the Bleeding".
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 2:45 pm

I have Psycho Surgery and Pathogenic coming in the mail.

Don't get me wrong, I love everything but his vocals on occasion.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 2:50 pm

Funny you brought STB up.....just a couple hours ago Tears Of Korah came on my MP3 player and I thought "man, that's such a good album. One of the ones that showed me how great Christian metal could be"

Stop The Bleeding is still my favorite Tourniquet even though I love many others. It's the closest to perfect, if fact, and there's not one bad song on it for me.

I LOVE Guy Ritter's vocals and though I think Luke Easter does just fine, I still miss Guy Ritter's vocals.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 2:56 pm

I've mentioned this on the board before (so don't bother pointing it out, haha) but Guy Ritter's weird vocal stylin's on this album annoyed the hell out of me the first time I listened to it, and that's the reason that I've never really bothered with Tourniquet ever since, even though he's been out of the band for quite a while now.

As you were.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 2:57 pm

Guy Ritter RULEZ!!!! You will LOVE his vocals....and you WILL ask for MORE VOCALS when you hear him. POD was a bit of disapointment to me because of the fact Ritter is only on a couple songs. The shouting thing.....blew. However, everytime I do listen now to STB and PS, I do find myslelf occassionally annoyed with Ritters creepy little ET voice thing he does sometimes. But sometimes, I like it i.e. A Dog's Breakfast, You Get What You Pray For, Psycho Surgery.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 2:59 pm

T-Roy wrote:
Guy Ritter RULEZ!!!! You will LOVE his vocals....and you WILL ask for MORE VOCALS when you hear him.

Fanboy.

lol!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 3:08 pm

scottmitchell74 wrote:
Stop The Bleeding is still my favorite Tourniquet even though I love many others. It's the closest to perfect, if fact, and there's not one bad song on it for me.

I LOVE Guy Ritter's vocals and though I think Luke Easter does just fine, I still miss Guy Ritter's vocals.

I echo what scottmitchell74 said. Love the falsetto howls.

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 3:21 pm

I Love Guys voice on STB.I guess I'm a sucker for unique vocals.Thats what I like about 3 Inches of Blood,the falsetto vocals remind me of Guy Ritter.This is the best thing Tourniquet did IMO.However I like all of Tourniquets releases
Back to top Go down
SideShowDisaSter
Roo Jockey
SideShowDisaSter

Number of posts : 4607

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 7:18 pm

Stop The Bleeding is my second favorite Tourniquet disc just behind Psycho Surgery! It took a couple of listens for me to really get into Guy's vocals on that one (I heard Psycho Surgery first). However, I think they really fit in with what the band was doing!

Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 8:18 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
I Love Guys voice on STB.I guess I'm a sucker for unique vocals.Thats what I like about 3 Inches of Blood,the falsetto vocals remind me of Guy Ritter.This is the best thing Tourniquet did IMO.However I like all of Tourniquets releases

I noticed that about the 3IB vocalist myself. While I really like Luke's voice, Guy was good too. Stop the Bleeding is perhaps my favorite of the ones he sings on. My favoirte songs are Get What You Pray For, Ark Of Suffering, and Test For Leprosy. Awesome slab of thrash metal, classic is the word I would use for it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 8:23 pm

I love the first 3 TQT cds. Their greatest hits cd is what a greatest hits cd should be - all great songs. I listen to it a lot when I want to hear all their great ones...

Alex

thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 8:27 pm

I know i'm in the minority, but I never liked Stop The Bleeding that much, but I loved PS and POD
Back to top Go down
shamgar75
Metal master
Metal master
shamgar75

Number of posts : 683

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 9:58 pm

I remember hearing this album the first time and thought Guy's vocals were crazy! I love this album. This album is where it all started and what a start it was. Great album from start to finish.

Top songs: Ark of Suffering, Tears of Korah, You Get What You Pray For, Ready or Not

Miss the Guy, Gary, Ted, Victor, Erik Tourniquet Lineup...

🇬🇹
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 10:18 pm

thejokeriv wrote:
I know i'm in the minority, but I never liked Stop The Bleeding that much

Well, hey, at least I'm not the only one now. Smile

Back to top Go down
Hamer12
Metal master
Metal master
Hamer12

Number of posts : 828

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 10:27 pm

One of the first CD's I ever bought. Our band covered Ark of Suffering, I did Garys vocals, Took us forever to nail it, Still one of my favorites of all time.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 12:55 am

I remember when I first heard Guy Ritter's original band Holy Danger with their song "One Way" and he sang those King Diamond like falsetto vocals... I thought it was cool, but that first Tourniquet album left me a little flat...

I loved Gary's vocal style (very Tom Araya like IMO) particularly on 'Ark'.... I also loved that instrumental 'Somnambulism'.

Psycho Surgery was better in my opinion.... They were very good live, I got to see 'em once in Marysville, Ca. They were fantastic. They had their friend the optical illusion guy (name escapes me) performing. Die Happy also played brilliant.
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
GrandNational
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
GrandNational

Number of posts : 3830

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 1:06 am

I've never had a problem with Guy's vocals on STB. Great, great album to jam to.
Back to top Go down
kethdredd
Metal master
Metal master
kethdredd

Number of posts : 559

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 8:02 am

I've never enjoyed STB all that much. The vocals almost sound like a heavy metal parody.

I much prefer the Luke Easter era of Tourniquet. Vanishing Lessons and WMARD are both really good discs.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 8:04 am

Most of Guy's singing on The Test For Leprosy and probably all on You Get What You Pray for, I liked imediatly. The high pitch stuff took me some time to get used to.

The best vocals he ever did for Tourniquet, in my opinion: Phantom Limb...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 8:15 am

Quote :
I much prefer the Luke Easter era of Tourniquet. Vanishing Lessons and WMARD are both really good discs.

I think Vanishing Lessons is a very good example of a band getting a new lead singer and ADAPTING THEIR MUSIC TO HIS STYLE. Luke's voice really fits the melodies and the overall sound of this album. Their most commersial record, I think, but still very solid and consistent, maybe because there's less "weirdness"?
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" Icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2008 10:36 am

Love TQT, every album.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 12:38 am

ultmetal wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

same here... it's a fantastic album.

kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 5:15 am

mc666 wrote:
ultmetal wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:

same here... it's a fantastic album.

Ditto! Much of this I think for me is because of the fact that I bought this as a new release, and this was hoe the band was supposed to be! Then when things changes, I was let down. Same with many other bands too. What I heard first, when the bands were new, that was what I fell in love with, and in TQT's case, it was Stop The Bleeding. It is way better than everything else they made.

Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2008 10:27 am

Quote :
What I heard first, when the bands were new, that was what I fell in love with,

That's me!

I've always loved Psychosurgery, POD, etc....but I remember the feeling of dissapointment when Guy's role kept getting reduced. That was before the internet so I was really in the dark as to why. Stop The Bleeding is still a top 10-20 all-time for me.

I could only take about a dozen cds with me when I went to Africa for 9 months in 97-98 and Stop The Bleeding made the cut!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"   Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding" Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tourniquet "Stop the Bleeding"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next