Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blackmore's Night

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Blackmore's Night Empty
PostSubject: Blackmore's Night   Blackmore's Night Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 11:10 am

Well I dug back about 6 pages and didn't find a thread about this band so I thought I'd start one and see if anyone else likes 'em.

Anyone who knows me from other boards knows I'm a major BN fanboy but I have to admit that their last one "The Village Lanterne" didn't do much for me.

With each album, Ritchie seems to be moving more and more back into rock n roll. I prefer the earlier Blackmore's Night output which was mostly acoustic, Renaissance/Old World influenced music.

Anyway, anyone else into this band?
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Blackmore's Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackmore's Night   Blackmore's Night Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 11:40 am

I have and enjoy Winter Carols. Candice Night is hideous to look at, though.

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

Blackmore's Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackmore's Night   Blackmore's Night Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 3:38 pm

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Blackmore's Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackmore's Night   Blackmore's Night Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 4:14 pm

Sorry, I gave up looking after 6 pages or so and I don't trust the search function on these boards.
Back to top Go down

Blackmore's Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackmore's Night   Blackmore's Night Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 4:47 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Sorry, I gave up looking after 6 pages or so and I don't trust the search function on these boards.
That's on page 6. But just use the search function. Much easier. 🤘
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Blackmore's Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackmore's Night   Blackmore's Night Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 5:00 pm

Question for the board regulars.

Is it better to resurrect an old thread or start a new one on the same subject?
Or is it option three, if it's already been discussed, don't bring it up again?

I've seen different preferences on different boards so what's the preference here?
Back to top Go down

Blackmore's Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackmore's Night   Blackmore's Night Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 5:07 pm

If you can, try the search function first. If it isn't there, start a new thread. If we have talked about the subject before, then the majority of us don't mind talking about it again. Smile
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

Blackmore's Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackmore's Night   Blackmore's Night Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 5:45 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Question for the board regulars.

Is it better to resurrect an old thread or start a new one on the same subject?
Or is it option three, if it's already been discussed, don't bring it up again?

I've seen different preferences on different boards so what's the preference here?

Some folks, *cough*eyesore*cough*, get a wild hair up their butt when people don't use the search function first. Considder yourself warned. And welcomed.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Blackmore's Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackmore's Night   Blackmore's Night Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 6:12 pm

Quote :
If you can, try the search function first. If it isn't there, start a new thread. If we have talked about the subject before, then the majority of us don't mind talking about it again.

Gotcha.

Quote :
Some folks, *cough*eyesore*cough*, get a wild hair up their butt when people don't use the search function first. Considder yourself warned. And welcomed.

Thanks. On both counts.
Back to top Go down

Blackmore's Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackmore's Night   Blackmore's Night Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2008 6:52 pm

Warned? Haha. I don't get mean or anything, unless I get a smartass response from someone (*cough*Wargod*cough*). Haha.

Seriously, my stance is very simple. Why make people repeat themselves? I think bumping an old thread is far better, because then the person bumping it already has the answer(s) to his question(s). Plus it just makes for good discussion, and regardless of what some people think, a forum is for discussion. When people constantly post the same threads, the replies become shorter and shorter because people have already posted their thoughts on the subject before. But now the discussion aspect of the forum suffers because of that.

And what's the solution? People can insist that other people use the search function and keep the continuity of discussion alive on the forum—which is the single most important thing on a forum. Or people can complain in secret rooms on the forum that the threads out there in the main forums are boring and no one is discussing music or whatever.

Or something like that. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blackmore's Night Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blackmore's Night   Blackmore's Night Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blackmore's Night
Page 1 of 1