Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

What is your favorite style of metal?

Go down 
+26
stepcousin
stars destroy
mr.electric39
ultmetal
SideShowDisaSter
Olafsto
krokus
MetalH
Thrasher73
Invader
Hamer12
kmorg
TH Joe
Metal Misfit
Fat Freddy
mc666
Shiney
INVADERS
KissinMaiden
Wargod
AchrisK
romeolimagolf
iamrockerfun
scottmitchell74
Required Fields
30 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Traditional/Heavy
What is your favorite style of metal? - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%What is your favorite style of metal? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 10 ]
Power
What is your favorite style of metal? - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%What is your favorite style of metal? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 10 ]
Thrash
What is your favorite style of metal? - Page 2 Vote_lcap44%What is your favorite style of metal? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 44% [ 23 ]
Death
What is your favorite style of metal? - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%What is your favorite style of metal? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Black
What is your favorite style of metal? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%What is your favorite style of metal? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Doom
What is your favorite style of metal? - Page 2 Vote_lcap4%What is your favorite style of metal? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 4% [ 2 ]
Industrial
What is your favorite style of metal? - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%What is your favorite style of metal? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Groove/half-thrash/post-thrash
 0% [ 0 ]
Prog
What is your favorite style of metal? - Page 2 Vote_lcap2%What is your favorite style of metal? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 2% [ 1 ]
Other (indicate)
What is your favorite style of metal? - Page 2 Vote_lcap10%What is your favorite style of metal? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 10% [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 52

AuthorMessage
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

What is your favorite style of metal? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite style of metal?   What is your favorite style of metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 9:24 am

SideShowDisaSter wrote:
I bet no one can guess what I voted for....
lol!

Was it disco?

I voted thrash but I am just as much a fan of traditional heavy metal
and 70's heavy metal/hard rock. I will be listening to Thin Lizzy one
minute then the very next CD will be something like Artillery.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite style of metal?   What is your favorite style of metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Feb 27, 2007 10:01 pm

Yea I'm the same way... I could have AC/DC then Maiden.. Rush then Demon Hunter or Hammerfall... maybe even a little Johnny Cash !
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
stars destroy
Metal novice
Metal novice
stars destroy

Number of posts : 22

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite style of metal?   What is your favorite style of metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Feb 28, 2007 3:58 am

THRAAAASSSSSSHHHHHH!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite style of metal?   What is your favorite style of metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 6:42 am

hard to choose. I suppose old school thrash like the 80's thrash is my fave style but newer thrash lacks alot of solos and the vocals kinda suck.
I love power heavy metal like Priest and Maiden style, but I mostly listen to christian metal so I suppose bands like Ultimatum, Saint, Rob Rock, etc...

I like Prog metal alot but occasionally they paint themselves in a corner by trying to be "too prog" and forget that they are a metal band, ya know what I mean? yes, no, maybe.....

I really used to love the Noise records bands from Europe like Helloween, Scanner, Rage, Coroner, Sabbat, etc.... man that movement was huge back in 1987-1990-ish.also the San Fran days of same period. I loved all of it. I wish there were more bands atround like those bands.
Back to top Go down
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 39598

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite style of metal?   What is your favorite style of metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 11:16 am

I picked traditional/heavy but I like most ofthe styles equally EXCEPT for black,death,industrial,grindcore and the like.
Back to top Go down
arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite style of metal?   What is your favorite style of metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2007 11:42 am

I voted thrash, since the poll says favorite style of metal and since most people don't consider hair/glam/sleaze to be metal. Thrash actually would be a solid number two behind hair/glam/sleaze. After that, it would go power, classic, prog.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Temple of Blood
Metal is Forever
Temple of Blood

Number of posts : 5704

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite style of metal?   What is your favorite style of metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 30, 2007 12:38 pm

Thrash is my favorite style to play on guitar but traditional metal is my favorite style to sing.
Back to top Go down
stepcousin
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stepcousin

Number of posts : 1268

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite style of metal?   What is your favorite style of metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2007 5:36 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
I LOVE Euro-powermetal with a nod to American powermetal and honorable mentions to straight ahead heavy metal and thrash

I think I would have to agree.

my favorite eras were the 1984-87 San Fran thrash era and the 1985-1989 German thrash/power metal era(noise records).

oops, I didnt realize I already answered this.
Back to top Go down
INVADERS
Metal master
Metal master
INVADERS

Number of posts : 937

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite style of metal?   What is your favorite style of metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 31, 2007 9:05 am

power metal and thrash
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite style of metal?   What is your favorite style of metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 24, 2007 11:26 pm

Thrash.

Followed very closely by NWOBHM and then Traditional Heavy Metal

I do like heavy doses of Power, Prog and Industrial Metal as well. I dig some old school Death Metal/Grindcore too, but not much.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite style of metal?   What is your favorite style of metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2007 6:07 am

hey wheres the nu-metal or metalcore option?
h ah ha ha i am kidding!

thrash wins for me overall but i like all those styles
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite style of metal?   What is your favorite style of metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2007 4:00 pm

I voted for power, followed closely by Traditional and Thrash
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite style of metal?   What is your favorite style of metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2007 12:37 am

I said prog but I wasn't sure whether to say prog or power. I like bands that split the difference, like classic Fates or 90's Tad Morose, or current Veni Domine. I guess that's closer to prog, but I'm not really a Dream Theatre guy or anything.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is your favorite style of metal?   What is your favorite style of metal? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Heart Of Metal :: Music Forums :: Heart Of Metal-
Jump to: