Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Living Sacrifice is back....

Go down 
+13
Fat Freddy
DallasBlack
Troublezone
Stender
nevermore
exact33
SideShowDisaSter
Thrasher73
ultmetal
GrandNational
T-Roy
scottmitchell74
kethdredd
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 9:25 am

Dang, I'm getting more excited by the day! I keep going through my LS playlist!!! 🤘 🤘 🤘
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 01, 2008 9:14 pm

New video posted of them playing the song Reborn.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=98104
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 2:45 am

I saw them open for Demon Hunter, last night. Why is LS opening for anybody?
They should be headlining everywhere. Anyway, they tore it and totally outperformed all the other bands on the bill.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 1:29 pm

Bruce's metalcore/deathcore vocals are as about as entertaining as watching grass grow. I can't even watch that entire clip because the vocals are so obnoxious. The only way a new realease could be any good is if they get a new vocalist or he completely changes his style, which I doubt he will do because it appears their biggest priority is staying relavent with the metalcore kids. It is a shame because thrash is coming back strong. Who is to even say Rocky could even play thrash. He appears to be a metalcore type guitarist only. It is not like this is the original LS lineup. Expect to hear "The Hammering Process that was Conceived in Fire" and nothing more. Why even go through the trouble.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 2:00 pm

I'd like to see the original lineup reform and come out with something in the vein of the S/T.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 2:08 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
I'd like to see the original lineup reform and come out with something in the vein of the S/T.

Oh yeah? I'd like to see you start thinking a little more realistically. Smile
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 2:27 pm

spectrefate wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:

Oh yeah? I'd like to see you start thinking a little more realistically. Smile

Is that too much to ask? scratch
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 2:29 pm

thrasher73 wrote:

Is that too much to ask? scratch

It shouldn't be, but I think a decent album from Believer is going to be all we're going to get in the classic christian thrash vein for awhile.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 2:47 pm

steelers wrote:
Who is to even say Rocky could even play thrash. He appears to be a metalcore type guitarist only.

He can also do slow melodic death metal. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 4:21 pm

Is much as I would like to see it happen, I highly doubt their going to come back with the thrash, considering that no original members from the debut are in the band anymore. I can not vision Bruce pulling off those vocals at all.
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Thrasher73

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 4:29 pm

Stender wrote:
considering that no original members from the debut are in the band anymore.

Bruce Fitzhugh and Lance Garvin are original members
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 4:34 pm

thrasher73 wrote:
Stender wrote:

oh yeah, Bruce played guitars right? I didnt know lance Garvin was around back then though. I still think there not going to go the thrash route.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:31 pm

steelers wrote:
Bruce's metalcore/deathcore vocals are as about as entertaining as watching grass grow. I can't even watch that entire clip because the vocals are so obnoxious. The only way a new realease could be any good is if they get a new vocalist or he completely changes his style, which I doubt he will do because it appears their biggest priority is staying relavent with the metalcore kids. It is a shame because thrash is coming back strong. Who is to even say Rocky could even play thrash. He appears to be a metalcore type guitarist only. It is not like this is the original LS lineup. Expect to hear "The Hammering Process that was Conceived in Fire" and nothing more. Why even go through the trouble.

Guess you haven't heard his playing on the early Soul Embraced albums. He can definately play thrash if he chose to considering his fine death metal abilities.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:35 pm

One more thing.... Living Sacrifice only have one real thrash record and Jason Truby played all the guitars on it. Bruce didn't record til the second album came out and that was pseudo death metal.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 9:39 pm

Stender wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:
Stender wrote:

oh yeah, Bruce played guitars right? I didnt know lance Garvin was around back then though. I still think there not going to go the thrash route.

I don't know, all their records have a couple speedy songs so maybe a little death thrash is a possibility but don't expect a rehash of their first record.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 12:14 pm

troublezone wrote:
Stender wrote:
thrasher73 wrote:
Stender wrote:

I don't know, all their records have a couple speedy songs so maybe a little death thrash is a possibility but don't expect a rehash of their first record.

As long as they don't go back to the boring "every song sounds the same" metalcore of the last album I am willing to give them a try.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 1:00 pm

HAHAAHA. Its so funny I used to go to church and play praise and worship with arthur green and I remember telling him how much I disliked concieved in fire. Good times. Im gonna talk to him though and ill put up a post on what kind of album its gonna be and put all questions to rest. Assured. I hope its not like becoming the archetype not only are they disgustingly bad but theyre all major jerks to put it kindly.
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 03, 2008 1:37 pm

troublezone wrote:
One more thing.... Living Sacrifice only have one real thrash record and Jason Truby played all the guitars on it. Bruce didn't record til the second album came out and that was pseudo death metal.

What do you mean psuedo? Just because they followed a trend dosnt make the music they were playing fake, I think when they did give death metal a try they played pretty decent actually.

Back to the thrash renaissance, I think they should switch out Bruce for Darren Johnson.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Living Sacrifice is back....   Living Sacrifice is back.... - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Living Sacrifice is back....
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3