Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Blessed By A Broken Heart

Go down 
+11
snooloui
metalhead777
DallasBlack
tohostudios
stormspell
MetalGuy71
Shawn Of Fire
kmorg
MetalRob331
Speedmetalfreak
Eyesore
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

Number of posts : 12815

Blessed By A Broken Heart Empty
PostSubject: Blessed By A Broken Heart   Blessed By A Broken Heart Icon_minitimeThu Jan 26, 2012 11:47 pm

It kind of pains me to say it, but I love this band. I'm not big into that modern emo-like metalcore stuff, but when you take that and add traditional metal and 80s rock, apparently I love it. Haha.

Such a bad-ass tune!
Back to top Go down
Speedmetalfreak
Metal student
Metal student
Speedmetalfreak

Number of posts : 126

PostSubject: Re: Blessed By A Broken Heart   Blessed By A Broken Heart Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 1:15 am

They have a song called move you body, right?

I love it
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Blessed By A Broken Heart   Blessed By A Broken Heart Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 1:33 am

Speedmetalfreak wrote:
They have a song called move you body, right?

I love it
Yeah, on their last album.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Blessed By A Broken Heart   Blessed By A Broken Heart Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 2:31 am

Great band, i posted about these guys a while back and people seemed to not like their style. i personally dig them.... One hell of a guitar player as well..
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Blessed By A Broken Heart   Blessed By A Broken Heart Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:38 pm

I only have the debut, but have not listeing to it yet....

Metal is Forever
Shawn Of Fire

Number of posts : 6719

PostSubject: Re: Blessed By A Broken Heart   Blessed By A Broken Heart Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 12:43 pm

The only thing I know of this band is that one of the guitarists was filling in for Into Eternity when I saw them.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Blessed By A Broken Heart   Blessed By A Broken Heart Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 1:16 pm

That song wasn't too bad I suppose, although I didn't like the cheesy keyboards. It added a very 80's-ish vibe to the music, which I'm gathering was their point.

I didn't care for synths/keyboards in the 80's, don't care for them now.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
stormspell

Number of posts : 1593

PostSubject: Re: Blessed By A Broken Heart   Blessed By A Broken Heart Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 5:29 pm

This album is very 80's hair metal with massive hooks, shredding guitars, and sing-along choruses. I dig it and am very glad they shed off (almost) all metalcore influences heard on their previous albums.

Back to top Go down
http://www.cdbaby.com/all/stormspell
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Blessed By A Broken Heart   Blessed By A Broken Heart Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:24 pm

stormspell wrote:
This album is very 80's hair metal with massive hooks, shredding guitars, and sing-along choruses. I dig it and am very glad they shed off (almost) all metalcore influences heard on their previous albums.

Wow, I like that song a lot! Last time I heard these guys they used too much core vocals for me. That song DOES have a very hair-metal vibe to it.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Blessed By A Broken Heart   Blessed By A Broken Heart Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 6:36 pm

Listened to some more samples on Amazon, read the reviews and BAM!, my 2nd album acquisition of 2012. And for less than $10 ppd.

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Blessed By A Broken Heart   Blessed By A Broken Heart Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 7:08 pm

I'm loving this one. I loved the last one, but this new album is much more focused, it seems. There are plenty of modern influences, but they've combined that with the retro sound in a much smoother fashion this time.

And I'm actually shocked that so many of you like this. I think when I posted about their last album I was made fun of. Haha.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Blessed By A Broken Heart   Blessed By A Broken Heart Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 7:18 pm

Eyesore wrote:
I'm loving this one. I loved the last one, but this new album is much more focused, it seems. There are plenty of modern influences, but they've combined that with the retro sound in a much smoother fashion this time.

And I'm actually shocked that so many of you like this. I think when I posted about their last album I was made fun of. Haha.

Probably had too much "Woooooarrrrgggghhhhh!!!" vox.

Plus, it was you. Razz
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Blessed By A Broken Heart   Blessed By A Broken Heart Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 9:11 pm

I always thought metalcore needed more melody, musicmanship, and variety and these guys brought that to their music. I guess now with the metalcore influence gone, I hope they still maintain some of their uniqueness. Of course I'm not a major fan of core vocals anyways.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Blessed By A Broken Heart   Blessed By A Broken Heart Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 9:24 pm

The metalcore is still there.
Back to top Go down
metalhead777
Metal master
Metal master
metalhead777

Number of posts : 842

PostSubject: Re: Blessed By A Broken Heart   Blessed By A Broken Heart Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 9:37 pm

Sad to say, but I love them too.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Blessed By A Broken Heart   Blessed By A Broken Heart Icon_minitimeFri Jan 27, 2012 11:52 pm

Eyesore wrote:
The metalcore is still there.

cool
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
snooloui
Metal master
Metal master
snooloui

Number of posts : 913

PostSubject: Re: Blessed By A Broken Heart   Blessed By A Broken Heart Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 10:26 am

I don't like them. You think 'ah cool sounds like a great 80s style tune' and then bam, here comes the metalcore Sad
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

PostSubject: Re: Blessed By A Broken Heart   Blessed By A Broken Heart Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 1:57 pm

I like them a lot. I think they're talented and have a fun sound.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Blessed By A Broken Heart   Blessed By A Broken Heart Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 3:04 pm

Yikes. They will not be blessed with any of my money. Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Blessed By A Broken Heart   Blessed By A Broken Heart Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 3:24 pm

i am kinda surprised. This doesnt sound metalcore to me.

Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Blessed By A Broken Heart   Blessed By A Broken Heart Icon_minitimeSat Jan 28, 2012 3:35 pm

exact33 wrote:
i am kinda surprised. This doesnt sound metalcore to me.
It's not, but there is some metalcore influence here and there. Not entire songs or anything.

Like this:

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Blessed By A Broken Heart   Blessed By A Broken Heart Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 6:31 pm

Spun this one twice today.

Definitely some metalcore vox sprinkled around here and there but it's certainly not a metalcore album.

The King needs to hear "Rockin' All Night"; best song Wig Wam never wrote.

Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Blessed By A Broken Heart   Blessed By A Broken Heart Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 8:27 pm

Funny.... I heard of this bands name but not the music. It came up on Amazon when I was just searching around earlier today and I clicked on it to check it out and I liked these newer songs. The older stuff I didn't like.

King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Blessed By A Broken Heart   Blessed By A Broken Heart Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 8:31 pm

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
Funny.... I heard of this bands name but not the music. It came up on Amazon when I was just searching around earlier today and I clicked on it to check it out and I liked these newer songs. The older stuff I didn't like.

Yeah, this is not like what I've heard of their other material. As I said, there are still some growling metalcore vox here and there but no whole songs of that and about half the album has now metalcore vox at all.

One other thing to note about this album; it has virtuoso guitar solos in spades.
Back to top Go down
Eyesore
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Eyesore

PostSubject: Re: Blessed By A Broken Heart   Blessed By A Broken Heart Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 8:36 pm

You guys don't like the song "She Wolf?" That one rules!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blessed By A Broken Heart   Blessed By A Broken Heart Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blessed By A Broken Heart
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next