Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nickelback

Go down 
+32
YngwieDokkenfan
TH Joe
Schbopo
sam
manny
the sentinel
Troublezone
Wargod
SAHB Healer
tohostudios
DallasBlack
MoonChild
Required Fields
Metal Misfit
White_Mage
mr.electric39
DeathCult
Thrasher73
TheGooch
Tall Tyrion
Hamer12
mez
journeyman
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
EvyMetal
ultmetal
Mglaffas81
caniplaywithmadness?
MetalRob331
rattpoison
XYZ
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
YngwieDokkenfan
Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

Number of posts : 112

Nickelback - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   Nickelback - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 15, 2009 12:09 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
SAHB Healer wrote:
Wouldn't know them if I heard them as of today. But just out of curiosity I bought cheep copies of (one each) of the early albums from the following:

Nickleback
Creed
Fuel
3 Doors Down
Shinedown
Linkin Park

however considering the size of my "In" pile lately, I probably won't have an opinion until a rainy day about a year from now. Just a little curious, but not very. I'm sure I'll discover at least a few good songs there though.

I still have no idea. This pile is still in a Wal-Mart bag, but I took it out of the back of my truck and put it on a shelf next to the cat box. By the time I listen to these they'll most likely have been discovered by the next generation of fans and be critically acclaimed as the "godfathers" of something or other. Middle aged people will be buying tribute albums dedicated to these bands. You can count on it. Hell, it's probably happening already for all I know.

I think you are right on the money on this. Look at how 80's pop like Madonna and George Michael started coming back in the late nineties, and has become more and more prevalent on the radio ever since. The stations that do these 80's weekends and lunches have also resurrected Poison pretty strongly Laughing very hard The appeal seems to be more about us Generation X'ers reminiscing about our teenage years back in the 80's than about playing the best music from back then. The stuff that was mediocre at best musically that sold to the masses is what one hears on these shows. To stand a chance at hearing great 80's metal, one must tune in Dee Snider's House of Hair 🤘 That is where you might hear Ace Frehley, Yngwie, Dokken, M.S.G., Vinnie Vincent Invasion 🤘 The mainstream 80's radio shows have actually resurrected the acts we tried to forget, like Milli Vanilli sick
Back to top Go down
SuprimuS
Metal student
Metal student
SuprimuS

Number of posts : 147

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   Nickelback - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 16, 2009 11:04 pm

xyz wrote:
I guess hate is a strong word. They did do a nice tribute to Dimebag on their last album.

true, R.I.P. Dime.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   Nickelback - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 17, 2009 5:40 pm

Here's how bad Nickelback is: Some Nickelback song came on over the PA system in the grocery store today in between songs by America and Gloria Gaynor. I only know it was Nickelback because that guy's voice annoys the hell outta me.

Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   Nickelback - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 26, 2009 11:49 pm

tohostudios wrote:
Here's how bad Nickelback is: Some Nickelback song came on over the PA system in the grocery store today in between songs by America and Gloria Gaynor. I only know it was Nickelback because that guy's voice annoys the hell outta me.

I hear ya. That singer from NIckelback sounds like he is on the throne, desperately straining to push out a turd Laughing very hard I keep hoping he'll just cut the cheese so he can quit torturing those of us who appreciate real music, but he keeps coming back with another stupid song from the commode Laughing Maybe someone should mail him a box of bran flakes scratch
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   Nickelback - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 30, 2009 3:31 pm

I have 1 cd from them other than that no!

Wargod49
Back to top Go down
Vexer6
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Vexer6

Number of posts : 1307

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   Nickelback - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 5:50 pm

I think they're a pretty good band overall, Dark Horse is my favorite album of theirs.
Back to top Go down
Gilbert
Metal is Forever
Gilbert

Number of posts : 9939

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   Nickelback - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2023 9:26 am

Just came across this track, and it's actually quite enjoyable:

Back to top Go down
James B.
Scurvy Skalliwag
James B.

Number of posts : 12763

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   Nickelback - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2023 12:37 pm

If somebody offered me a cd by this band or .05 cents.

They would not get their nickle back. Laughing very hard

Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17151

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   Nickelback - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 29, 2023 6:38 pm

I see Nickelback has a formula that works for them and they sold a massive amount of records! But they come across as the soundtrack to a “PC Bro” frat party (South Park).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   Nickelback - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nickelback
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4