Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nickelback

Go down 
+32
YngwieDokkenfan
TH Joe
Schbopo
sam
manny
the sentinel
Troublezone
Wargod
SAHB Healer
tohostudios
DallasBlack
MoonChild
Required Fields
Metal Misfit
White_Mage
mr.electric39
DeathCult
Thrasher73
TheGooch
Tall Tyrion
Hamer12
mez
journeyman
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
EvyMetal
ultmetal
Mglaffas81
caniplaywithmadness?
MetalRob331
rattpoison
XYZ
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

Nickelback - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   Nickelback - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 8:32 am

oh how bad were creed
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   Nickelback - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 1:15 pm

Pretty good band, I like the lead singer's voice a lot. I have a couple copies of their cd's, but I don't pull them out to listen to much. Peace.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   Nickelback - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 26, 2008 11:29 am

They are Clear Channels dream band come true, boring , uninspired, someone to squeeze on the air in between radio ads and shock jocks.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   Nickelback - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 6:23 pm

new albums up for streaming if anyone cares. I listened and nothing special.

http://www.vh1.com/artists/az/nickelback/2345333/album.jhtml
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   Nickelback - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 6:31 pm

TheGooch wrote:
oh how bad were creed

Pretty damn bad!

I hate this band for starting that generic, corporate metal sound. Blecch!

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   Nickelback - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 6:38 pm

TheGooch wrote:
oh how bad were creed

so bad that they sold 30 million albums in 6 years, and produced one of today's best guitarists in Mark Tremonti. Creed is one of the most bashed bands yet everyone seems to have there albums.
Back to top Go down
sam
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
sam

Number of posts : 3012

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   Nickelback - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 6:48 pm

MetalRob331 wrote:
TheGooch wrote:
oh how bad were creed

so bad that they sold 30 million albums in 6 years, and produced one of today's best guitarists in Mark Tremonti. Creed is one of the most bashed bands yet everyone seems to have there albums.

the only album by them I really liked was weathered

On the other hand nickelback was cool for about a week, then they blew
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/samthebrutal
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   Nickelback - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 7:11 pm

sam wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:
TheGooch wrote:
oh how bad were creed

the only album by them I really liked was weathered

On the other hand nickelback was cool for about a week, then they blew

ding, ding, ding!!!!

I actually can stomach Nickelback more than Creed. That band is just soooo pretentious. "OOOO...look how thought provoking we are..." Blecch! And every damn song sounds the same. I'd almost...ALMOST mind you...rather hear Dave Matthews Band than Creed.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   Nickelback - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 7:28 pm

I actually don't mind Creed where I despise Nickleback. Creed's guitar player at least kicks ass unlike that hack from Nickleback. Creed where as unoriginal as they get and but they wrote decent songs. They weren't the second coming of Led Zeppelin but they were good at what they did. Scott Stapp was one of the most annoying frontmen in rock history and was what made Creed seem pretentious. IMO the main reason the backlash against Creed has alot to do with Scott Stapp giving crappy performances and just acting like an ass to both his fans and bandmates.

I prefer Alter Bridge than when they were called Creed anyway.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   Nickelback - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 7:42 pm

manny wrote:
I actually don't mind Creed where I despise Nickleback. Creed's guitar player at least kicks ass unlike that hack from Nickleback. Creed where as unoriginal as they get and but they wrote decent songs. They weren't the second coming of Led Zeppelin but they were good at what they did. Scott Stapp was one of the most annoying frontmen in rock history and was what made Creed seem pretentious. IMO the main reason the backlash against Creed has alot to do with Scott Stapp giving crappy performances and just acting like an ass to both his fans and bandmates.

Nickelback vs Creed?

That's like asking me to vote in this past election. I don't like either candidate but if pressed, I'd have to vote Nickelback. For some reason, they don't annoy me as much as Creed did.

And you're right Manny, it may have to do with Stapp.

mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   Nickelback - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 7:47 pm

Creed are like the Bon Jovi of alternative rock, meaning Bon Jovi isn't really a metal band and Creed aren't really an alternative band. Both managed to be labeled alternative and metal when this genres where enjoying their greatest commerical success. They both managed to capture an audience larger than more worthier bands of those genre labels.

Both write radio friendly hits that appeal to folks who in reality would never pick up a metal or alternative CD.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   Nickelback - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 7:50 pm

manny wrote:
Creed are like the Bon Jovi of alternative rock, meaning Bon Jovi isn't really a metal band and Creed aren't really an alternative band. Both managed to be labeled alternative and metal when this genres where enjoying their greatest commerical success. They both managed to capture an audience larger than more worthier bands of those genre labels.

Both write radio friendly hits that appeal to folks who in reality would never pick up a metal or alternative CD.

Great summation dude!

Especially because I've always hated Bon Jovi too. Until they took a southern rock turn with that last one.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   Nickelback - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 8:05 pm

manny wrote:

Alter Bridge over Creed by far. You hit the nail when you said about Scott almost all the crap was about that guy. I'm so glad Mark and the guys kept rocking and now look Mark is doing what he always had in him and thats letting loose on the six string and just putting out sick riff after riff and solo after solo. Mark and Scott Phillips is why i enjoyed Creed they were 2 of the most gifted musicians in rock at that time.
Back to top Go down
Schbopo
Ate his vegetables
Schbopo

Number of posts : 4958

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   Nickelback - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 9:10 pm

I spent my elementary school years listening to Nickelback, so it may just a nostalgia thing, but yeah, I really like them. Certainly not the best band in the world, but a good band, and a helluva lot better than the rap that's currently driving the music industry.

Creed is alright too. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   Nickelback - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 13, 2008 11:55 pm

I didn't mind Creed. I can see why people like Creed and Nickelback because of the poppy hooks, but they really don't go any farther than that.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   Nickelback - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 14, 2008 6:21 pm

nickelback rulez ok. na they have some ok songs some bad ones
Back to top Go down
XYZ
Card-carrying Van Halen Freak
XYZ

Number of posts : 2600

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   Nickelback - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 07, 2009 11:44 pm

Nickelback's new album, Dark Horse, has gone platinum in less than a month. In today's music market, that seems insane, imo.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   Nickelback - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 8:32 am

The new album is horrendous. Did Chad have his teenage son write the lyrics?
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   Nickelback - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 8:33 am

MetalRob331 wrote:

No, because that would have been an improvement
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   Nickelback - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 08, 2009 11:08 am

manny wrote:
MetalRob331 wrote:

No, because that would have been an improvement

Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
TH Joe
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
TH Joe

Number of posts : 450

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   Nickelback - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 5:20 am

I can't stand how they can't decide whether to be a hard rock band or country. What the heck?
Back to top Go down
YngwieDokkenfan
Metal student
Metal student
YngwieDokkenfan

Number of posts : 112

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   Nickelback - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 12, 2009 11:10 pm

Nickelback sucks!!! Creed, at least, had some decent guitar and some lyrics that had some meaning. Three Doors Down also isn't bad for a newer band. Even so, I'll take Pearl Jam over Creed any day.

The sad thing about NIckelback, the band where the singer sounds like he is on the throne straining to take a dump, is that the latest bands these days all sound almost exactly like Nickelback. When I hear their songs and hear that, surprise, they are not NIckelback, I shake my head. This used to be known as a "cover band" lol!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   Nickelback - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:36 am

Well there name says it all. I want my nickelback, thats about all there worth seeing.

I dig a few songs but too much similarity in the songwriting.
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   Nickelback - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 12:50 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
Wouldn't know them if I heard them as of today. But just out of curiosity I bought cheep copies of (one each) of the early albums from the following:

Nickleback
Creed
Fuel
3 Doors Down
Shinedown
Linkin Park

however considering the size of my "In" pile lately, I probably won't have an opinion until a rainy day about a year from now. Just a little curious, but not very. I'm sure I'll discover at least a few good songs there though.

I still have no idea. This pile is still in a Wal-Mart bag, but I took it out of the back of my truck and put it on a shelf next to the cat box. By the time I listen to these they'll most likely have been discovered by the next generation of fans and be critically acclaimed as the "godfathers" of something or other. Middle aged people will be buying tribute albums dedicated to these bands. You can count on it. Hell, it's probably happening already for all I know.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   Nickelback - Page 3 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 13, 2009 1:01 am

SAHB Healer wrote:
SAHB Healer wrote:
Wouldn't know them if I heard them as of today. But just out of curiosity I bought cheep copies of (one each) of the early albums from the following:

Nickleback
Creed
Fuel
3 Doors Down
Shinedown
Linkin Park

however considering the size of my "In" pile lately, I probably won't have an opinion until a rainy day about a year from now. Just a little curious, but not very. I'm sure I'll discover at least a few good songs there though.

I still have no idea. This pile is still in a Wal-Mart bag, but I took it out of the back of my truck and put it on a shelf next to the cat box. By the time I listen to these they'll most likely have been discovered by the next generation of fans and be critically acclaimed as the "godfathers" of something or other. Middle aged people will be buying tribute albums dedicated to these bands. You can count on it. Hell, it's probably happening already for all I know.

Shinedown is killer
Creed was one of my favorite bands (some killer guitar work there) GO GET ALTER BRIDGE!!
Fuel I dug as well and there last cd with Brett on vocals has some pretty hard tunes
Linkin Park's debut was killer when it came out I really dug it and still do
3 Doors Down is ok I can stand them
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   Nickelback - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nickelback
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next