Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Nickelback

Go down 
+32
YngwieDokkenfan
TH Joe
Schbopo
sam
manny
the sentinel
Troublezone
Wargod
SAHB Healer
tohostudios
DallasBlack
MoonChild
Required Fields
Metal Misfit
White_Mage
mr.electric39
DeathCult
Thrasher73
TheGooch
Tall Tyrion
Hamer12
mez
journeyman
MetalGuy71
Fat Freddy
EvyMetal
ultmetal
Mglaffas81
caniplaywithmadness?
MetalRob331
rattpoison
XYZ
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

nickelback - Nickelback - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   nickelback - Nickelback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 11:26 am

i loved them back in the day and listened to them none stop until the cd started skipping all the time.

i dont listen to them anymore but i still have the silver side up album and one of their singles
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   nickelback - Nickelback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 11:53 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
spectrefate wrote:
But they are rock stars. I clean chicken coops all day.

Exactly. Anyone who wants me to be a millionaire for playing drums, please contact me. Genre very flexible.

lol!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   nickelback - Nickelback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 12:33 pm

Don't like 'em
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   nickelback - Nickelback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 8:11 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
I like 'em. Sure the radio hits are kind of "samey" but they're good songs, so you can't really fault them for sticking to one sound. How many people rip AC/DC because all the songs kind of sound alike? Plus, I've heard a few of their album cuts, and there is more here than you hear on the radio, for sure.

But no, I don't own any albums. lol!

Agreed. If they were on the Radio I wouldn't change the station... what would I turn it too? 50 cent? or another replay of some Doobie Brothers tune...?

I like 'em. don't own any discs though...
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   nickelback - Nickelback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 9:46 pm

I like 'em, but they should add more guitar leads and stuff.
Back to top Go down
White_Mage
Metal master
Metal master
White_Mage

Number of posts : 535

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   nickelback - Nickelback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2008 11:14 pm

I'm not really a fan but I love there ballad "Far Away" there Dimebag tribute is good as well

They have some serious metal influence i guess they choose not to show it

Oh and on a cool side note a freind of mines brother plays in a modern rock band that got to open for Nickelback. Thought it was pretty cool.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   nickelback - Nickelback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 11:11 am

Put them in the SUCK thread.
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   nickelback - Nickelback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 11:12 am

White_Mage wrote:
I'm not really a fan but I love there ballad "Far Away" there Dimebag tribute is good as well
Everybody has a Dimebag tribute song. lol! I think Mariah Carey has one coming up on her next album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   nickelback - Nickelback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2008 3:50 pm

I'll admit, i thought they had some ok songs back in '01, but now.......ugh.
Back to top Go down
Required Fields
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
Required Fields

Number of posts : 28617

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   nickelback - Nickelback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 1:44 am

EvyMetal wrote:
You can't say that they don't have any talent because you don't like their music. I hate when people do that.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/colinshanahan
MoonChild
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   nickelback - Nickelback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 3:57 am

xyz wrote:
they have no talent, and their song writing seems very simple and uninspired

and their music is just horrible! sick
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   nickelback - Nickelback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 10:51 am

Haven't heard enough of them to make an opinion. Thats the kind of music I very rarely, if ever, come in contact with.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   nickelback - Nickelback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 11:12 am

I don't hate this band; they have some decent enough songs.

I just find them generally bland and boring; the poster boys for "corporate rock".

Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life

Number of posts : 15680

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   nickelback - Nickelback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 12:24 pm

tohostudios wrote:
I don't hate this band; they have some decent enough songs.

Ironically I haven't come across any - yet surprised
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   nickelback - Nickelback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 6:01 pm

Never Again is a good song and actually has decent lyrics.

nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   nickelback - Nickelback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 7:24 pm

i like nickelback actually though i dont know why. they have some rocking tunes
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   nickelback - Nickelback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 16, 2008 7:53 pm

I really liked the Silver side up album, but I haven't heard much past that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   nickelback - Nickelback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 1:20 am

Required Fields wrote:
EvyMetal wrote:
You can't say that they don't have any talent because you don't like their music. I hate when people do that.
Agreed.
Did you bump this old pointless thread to just say "agreed." scratch
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   nickelback - Nickelback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 7:23 pm

Wouldn't know them if I heard them as of today. But just out of curiosity I bought cheep copies of (one each) of the early albums from the following:

Nickleback
Creed
Fuel
3 Doors Down
Shinedown
Linkin Park

however considering the size of my "In" pile lately, I probably won't have an opinion until a rainy day about a year from now. Just a little curious, but not very. I'm sure I'll discover at least a few good songs there though.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   nickelback - Nickelback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 7:31 pm

The second ( or is it third?) Shinedown album "The Sound Of Madness" is really excellent. I got it first then bought the first one. Nowhere near as good.

Three Doors Down is pretty good if generic IMO.

The others? Meh. I don't really hate any of them but nothing great either.

Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   nickelback - Nickelback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 8:01 pm

SAHB Healer wrote:
Wouldn't know them if I heard them as of today. But just out of curiosity I bought cheep copies of (one each) of the early albums from the following:

Nickleback
Creed
Fuel
3 Doors Down
Shinedown
Linkin Park

however considering the size of my "In" pile lately, I probably won't have an opinion until a rainy day about a year from now. Just a little curious, but not very. I'm sure I'll discover at least a few good songs there though.

I like Creed which is one of my fav bands ever. Not 1 bad song imo. I like the debut disc from Shinedown the best out of there catalog. I own a cd from each of the ones you mentioned.

Linkin Parks debut cd is probably one of my favs of this 00's
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   nickelback - Nickelback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 8:34 pm

Their very talented in the genre there in or else why would they be where there at, you jealous of fame?

I have one cd by them and it's not bad.

Wargod49
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   nickelback - Nickelback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Aug 17, 2008 8:46 pm

My expectations from these groups ain't real high based on what I've heard on the radio. But on the other hand I learned in the 80's not to form opinions about popular bands based on their radio hits the hard way. They are all waiting behind the seat of my truck for a slow period (as I said, not soon).
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   nickelback - Nickelback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 2:56 am

How you Remind Me is excellent, but the rest falls into the crap category.
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17155

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   nickelback - Nickelback - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 3:36 am

Just another Creed type band.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Nickelback   nickelback - Nickelback - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Nickelback
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next