Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Manowar - Gods Of War

Go down 
+13
ghost
TH Joe
Sword Of The Heretic
KissinMaiden
arttieTHE1manparty
Fat Freddy
romeolimagolf
sovdat
exact33
krokus
Wargod
mc666
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage

Manowar - Gods Of War - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Gods Of War   Manowar - Gods Of War - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri May 04, 2007 2:50 pm

Well I said nothing about this until now, I recently bought this CD and apart from all the bad reviews it's getting, I found the (few) songs that I could find on the album ok but there's too much crappy intros and overtures on the CD to make it enjoyable, the first real song was track 3 !!!!!.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Gods Of War   Manowar - Gods Of War - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 10:59 am

arttieTHE1manparty wrote:
Wow, I am in the VAST minority, I guess, as
I didn't dislike it at all. Not my fave by the by ANY means, but I
liked it for what it was, I guess.

+1
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Gods Of War   Manowar - Gods Of War - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 06, 2007 11:00 am

I've started to really appreciate this album too!

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Gods Of War   Manowar - Gods Of War - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 12:07 am

Thanks for the insights, guys. Ult, just read your review... To think, I almost picked this up last week sight unseen!
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Gods Of War   Manowar - Gods Of War - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 12:22 am

kmorg wrote:
I've started to really appreciate this album too!
Rolling Eyes

ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Gods Of War   Manowar - Gods Of War - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 8:06 am

Metal Misfit wrote:
Thanks for the insights, guys. Ult, just read your review... To think, I almost picked this up last week sight unseen!

Hopefully someday Manowar will start playing real metal again and give up the opera, classical and story telling bull. sick
Back to top Go down
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Gods Of War   Manowar - Gods Of War - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 15, 2007 12:21 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Metal Misfit wrote:

Hopefully someday Manowar will start playing real metal again and give up the opera, classical and story telling bull. sick
Yeah, my first and only Manowar album is Warriors of the World. It was a mixed bag. The actual metal songs are awesome, the rest is junk.

Coming from such a band like Manowar who are supposedly all about metal, it's funny to hear that album and to read about this latest one.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Gods Of War   Manowar - Gods Of War - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 3:57 pm

I really enjoy this album. I think they did a good job with it. Manowar stuck their necks out and came out a little worse for wear, but produced a solid album altogether. You have to just take the time to listen to it from beginning to end on headphones the first time, I think. I enjoy the over the top story and bombastics, myself. I would recommend this to anyone who has liked Manowar in the past that has an open mind and is willing to see the band in a different light. Not their best, not their worst.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Gods Of War   Manowar - Gods Of War - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 4:13 pm

Well, I liked "Warriors of the World" - a lot. So I'll probably like this one too. Haven't picked it up yet though.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Gods Of War   Manowar - Gods Of War - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 4:14 pm

Funny this topic pops up again... cuz over the weekend I started getting a list together of all the 2007 releases I've heard, so I can start thinking about my year-end "best and worst" round up column for Detritus 'zine...I still think GODS OF WAR is going to be my numero uno stinker of the year
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Gods Of War   Manowar - Gods Of War - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 4:17 pm

My biggest disappointment of the year is Deliverance - As Above/So Below.

I was expecting so much more out of that album.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Gods Of War   Manowar - Gods Of War - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2007 4:29 pm

blackieboy wrote:
My biggest disappointment of the year is Deliverance - As Above/So Below.

I was expecting so much more out of that album.

Still haven't heard that one (and I don't think I'll get to it before the year's out) but what little of it I've heard (on their MySpace and so forth) beats the loincloths off the new Manowar.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Gods Of War   Manowar - Gods Of War - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2007 12:15 am

Fat Freddy wrote:
I still think GODS OF WAR is going to be my numero uno stinker of the year
without a doubt!

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Manowar - Gods Of War   Manowar - Gods Of War - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Manowar - Gods Of War
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2