Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KID ROCK

Go down 
+13
the sentinel
tohostudios
TheGooch
Tall Tyrion
EvyMetal
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
Chairman_Smith
Mglaffas81
Troublezone
MetalRob331
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

KID ROCK - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 2:59 pm

Yep.

KID ROCK - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 3:19 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Most of that album is like that. Sort of a cross between Bob Seger and John Mellancamp. There are only one or two where he goes back to rapping.

I really like Kid Rock's last album; part Southern rock, part roots rock. And the song where he melds Werewolves of London and Sweet Home Alabama is genius IMO. And for those who want to cry "ripoff", he does not rip off either song. He gives copyright credit to the original authors of both.

KID ROCK - Page 3 ExposedKidRock6

Southern rock? John Mellancamp? This guy? Are you sure we're talking about the same guy?
Believe it or not, yes. His early stuff, while definitely more of that 80s Beastie Boys rap style, incorporated some of the souther rock/country stuff he later grew into more fully.

Back to top Go down

KID ROCK - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 3:21 pm

Boy that's some crap.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

KID ROCK - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 3:22 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Boy that's some crap.

You think that's crap? That's nothin'. Check out the pre-Loudness Akira Takasaki vids I posted elsewhere.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

KID ROCK - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 4:35 pm

The song Blue Jeans And A Rosary is a dead ringer for a lost track from Elton John's Madman Across The Water days.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

KID ROCK - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 4:43 pm

Eyesore wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
tohostudios wrote:
Most of that album is like that. Sort of a cross between Bob Seger and John Mellancamp. There are only one or two where he goes back to rapping.

I really like Kid Rock's last album; part Southern rock, part roots rock. And the song where he melds Werewolves of London and Sweet Home Alabama is genius IMO. And for those who want to cry "ripoff", he does not rip off either song. He gives copyright credit to the original authors of both.

KID ROCK - Page 3 ExposedKidRock6

Southern rock? John Mellancamp? This guy? Are you sure we're talking about the same guy?
Believe it or not, yes. His early stuff, while definitely more of that 80s Beastie Boys rap style, incorporated some of the souther rock/country stuff he later grew into more fully.

Meh, it does nothing for me, but hey, somebody out there likes it. I just love busting out that old Kid-n-Play haircut pic.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

KID ROCK - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 4:46 pm

He looks like he should've bee ntrying out for New Kids On The Block
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

KID ROCK - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed May 28, 2008 10:37 pm

Eyesore wrote:
the sentinel wrote:
Absolutely no interest whatsoever. Peace.
lame

Why is that lame? I would honestly like to know.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

KID ROCK - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 2:36 pm

The girl at the next desk recently changed her cell phone ring tone to Kid Rock's "All Summer Long." She has gotten about fifteen phone calls today already and I'm about ready to throw her and her damn cell phone right out the window.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

KID ROCK - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 2:41 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
The girl at the next desk recently changed her cell phone ring tone to Kid Rock's "All Summer Long." She has gotten about fifteen phone calls today already and I'm about ready to throw her and her damn cell phone right out the window.

I like how the white trash folks are easily identifiable by their ringtones.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

KID ROCK - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 2:44 pm

spectrefate wrote:
Fat Freddy wrote:

I like how the white trash folks are easily identifiable by their ringtones.

I swear this is how she gets back at me for playing metal at my desk all day long. Awhile back she had Shakira's "Hips Don't Lie" on her phone and kept it for months and months and MONTHS!!! I finally asked her one day "Aren't you tired of that damn song yet?"

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

KID ROCK - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 3:15 pm

I've never understood the point of downloading ringtones.

Besides, my Sprint phone came with a perfectly acceptable gothic-sounding ringtone that I actually like.

KID ROCK - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 4:46 pm

People who get 15 cell phone calls a day should be fired.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

KID ROCK - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 24, 2008 4:48 pm

Good point.

KID ROCK - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:00 am

I hate KID ROCK more everyday....

Quote :

Kid Rock to plug a premium beer
September 24, 2008

A match made in heaven! Drinks Americas Holdings Ltd. announced
an agreement with Detroit's prototypical suds guzzler Kid Rock to
develop and market a premium domestic beer.

And now the hype: J. Patrick Kenny, CEO of Drinks Americas,
said "Kid Rock is a reflection of great American rock-and-roll music
and the American spirit, and we think we can create a beer in that same
image. ... There is no question in our mind that people will try a beer
that Kid Rock will stand by and when they like it, a great and
incredibly valuable trademark will be created" by next springHow
will this happen? "We are in the process of interviewing breweries now,
and working with Kid Rock to make sure that every aspect of the beer
and the marketing support is as exciting as everything else Kid Rock
does," said Kenny. (Hopefully, KR Beer drinkers will avoid occasional
arrests and jailing.)
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

KID ROCK - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:12 am

spectrefate wrote:
I hate KID ROCK more everyday....

Quote :

Kid Rock to plug a premium beer
September 24, 2008

A match made in heaven! Drinks Americas Holdings Ltd. announced
an agreement with Detroit's prototypical suds guzzler Kid Rock to
develop and market a premium domestic beer.

And now the hype: J. Patrick Kenny, CEO of Drinks Americas,
said "Kid Rock is a reflection of great American rock-and-roll music
and the American spirit, and we think we can create a beer in that same
image. ... There is no question in our mind that people will try a beer
that Kid Rock will stand by and when they like it, a great and
incredibly valuable trademark will be created" by next springHow
will this happen? "We are in the process of interviewing breweries now,
and working with Kid Rock to make sure that every aspect of the beer
and the marketing support is as exciting as everything else Kid Rock
does," said Kenny. (Hopefully, KR Beer drinkers will avoid occasional
arrests and jailing.)

A "premium beer?" Funny, I always pictured Kid Rock as the Olde English 800/Old Milwaukee/Meister Brau type.

Back to top Go down

KID ROCK - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:13 am

Another article I read said that it's a premium beer geared toward those who "appreciate value". Smile

I think there will be a little Kid Rock piss in every bottle. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

KID ROCK - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:15 am

spectrefate wrote:
Another article I read said that it's a premium beer geared toward those who "appreciate value". Smile

If it's a "value" beer, then maybe it IS Meister Brau!! Or even worse, Golden Anniversary! Maybe Red, White and Blue! (Do they even still make Red, White and Blue??)

Back to top Go down

KID ROCK - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:17 am

I don't know what Red White and Blue is. But then until I met you I didn't know people other than the socially downtrodden enjoyed PBR. Smile

Quote :
Meister Brau

Wow, haven't heard those words in a long time! Smile
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

KID ROCK - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:19 am

spectrefate wrote:
I don't know what Red White and Blue is. But then until I met you I didn't know people other than the socially downtrodden enjoyed PBR. Smile

I am a beer snob most of the time but occasionally I enjoy cheap swill as well. I am well versed in both areas of beer-ology.

Red White and Blue, by the way, was a "value" beer that made PBR taste like sweetest Ambrosia by comparison.

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

KID ROCK - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:33 am

Oh man, Red White and Blue is downright gross.

The only beer I've tasted that was worse was Kroger's generic beer; the one in the plain yellow can with only the word "BEER" on the label.

KID ROCK - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:37 am

KID ROCK - Page 3 7987

Who wouldn't want to drink that?
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

KID ROCK - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:39 am

spectrefate wrote:
KID ROCK - Page 3 7987

Who wouldn't want to drink that?

Hahaha, when I was in college we used to shop at a Pathmark that had an entire aisle of "generic" foods like this in the plain white packages ("Spaghetti," "Dog Food," etc.)... we used to see the generic "BEER" but were never brave enough to try it.

Which is really saying something because back then we filled our yaps with crap like Stroh's, Keystone, Crazy Horse malt liquor, and Midnight Dragon on a regular basis!!!

Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

KID ROCK - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:44 am

Never heard of that last one but I've had all the others.

And I'll tell you one thing the generic "BEER" sure "unclogged the pipes" the next morning.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

KID ROCK - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 25, 2008 10:46 am

tohostudios wrote:
Never heard of that last one but I've had all the others.

And I'll tell you one thing the generic "BEER" sure "unclogged the pipes" the next morning.

Midnight Dragon was a cash strapped college student's best friend. A 40 ouncer would cost you a buck and a quarter, and they even had these ridiculous gallon-size bottles that went for two bucks. It was total "bum beer" but we loved it so. I bet Kid Rock probably drank it on a daily basis too. Laughing

I don't believe it exists anymore but oddly enough the company that used to make it (Ferrolito & Vultaggio) now makes Arizona Iced Tea.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

KID ROCK - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KID ROCK
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next