Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

KID ROCK

Go down 
+13
the sentinel
tohostudios
TheGooch
Tall Tyrion
EvyMetal
DallasBlack
MetalGuy71
ultmetal
Fat Freddy
Chairman_Smith
Mglaffas81
Troublezone
MetalRob331
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

KID ROCK Empty
PostSubject: KID ROCK   KID ROCK Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 4:15 am

ok i love Kid Rock's music, dont know what it is but the southern rock type songs just grab me and i think he is one talented individual who can write some really good ballads. What do u guys think and dont be afraid to bash?
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

KID ROCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 5:33 am

I can't stand one thing about that guy.
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

KID ROCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 5:50 am

Cannot stand him at all. I despise his music...
Back to top Go down
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

KID ROCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 8:08 am

His existance fills my soul with eternal burning hatred and irriration.
Back to top Go down

KID ROCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 8:59 am

If the option was given to me to be constantly kicked in the crotch for an hour or listen to anything Kid Rock has created, I would be telling my wife that the possibility of having children will be non existent.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

KID ROCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 9:28 am

I heard his new song on the radio the other day (forget what it's called) and I swear I thought it was Tesla or the Black Crowes. It actually wasn't that bad but nothing I would run out and buy. I guess he finally figured out that the whiteboy rap/rock stuff is played out?

I remember when that dude first hit big, I saw one of his videos on MTV and thought to myself, "this guy is for kids who are too young to remember David Lee Roth." Seriously, he stole his whole persona from DLR back then. The difference is that DLR looked like he showered every so often.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

KID ROCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 10:44 am

I've not heard enough to comment honestly. I've heard some of his old rap/rock stuff and I didn't like that much. I have read his newer stuff veers from that to more Southern rock. However, as I said, I haven't heard it.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

KID ROCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 12:15 pm

While I've never purchased any of his music, my old roommate had his Devil Without a Cause cd and he made me a cassette copy. It was kinda fun and entertaining at first, but I looked at it as more a novelty record and not something I would listen to on a regular or even semi-regular basis. I'm not really familiar with anything he's put out since then aside from a rare song or 2.

I did have the opportunity to see him live and the show was quite entertaining. No matter what kind of music he was doing at the time, his shows are nothing but pure 80's arena rock shows, complete with pyro, dancing girls, drum solos, motorcycles on stage, the works.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

KID ROCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 1:02 pm

New video off his new album, kind of a John Cougar feel..
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

KID ROCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 1:22 pm

love the southern rock sound on this song (one of my favs)
Back to top Go down

KID ROCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 2:30 pm

Not a fan. I don't like his rap-rock records and I don't like his newer records.
Back to top Go down

KID ROCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 3:10 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
I heard his new song on the radio the other day (forget what it's called) and I swear I thought it was Tesla or the Black Crowes. It actually wasn't that bad but nothing I would run out and buy. I guess he finally figured out that the whiteboy rap/rock stuff is played out?
He's been mixing the southern stuff into his music since his very first albums. The radio just jumped on those that didn't have that stuff at first. As he's gotten older, he's moved away from the hip-hop stuff.

The dude is talented. I gotta respect a man who bitchslaps Tommy Lee while smoking a cigar. Laughing
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

KID ROCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 3:45 pm

Laughing very hard

EYE u have a special way at looking at things, got to respect that
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37656

KID ROCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 3:48 pm

Eyesore wrote:

The dude is talented. I gotta respect a man who bitchslaps Tommy Lee while smoking a cigar. Laughing

Anyone who bitchslaps Tommy Lee is worthy of respect. I wish I could do it myself. Smile

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Troublezone
Road Warrior
Troublezone

Number of posts : 17069

KID ROCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 4:10 pm

I don't know about respecting him for smurfette slappin tommy lee, all i know is i don't like his music.
Back to top Go down

KID ROCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK Icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2008 5:16 pm

troublezone wrote:
I don't know about respecting him for smurfette slappin tommy lee, all i know is i don't like his music.
Well, I actually like his music, too. I could live without some of his earlier, more pedestrian white boy rap-rock stuff, but overall I enjoy his music. Nothing I listen to all the time, mind you, but he's good.

You know, any musician or artist coming from that sort of background will never truly be respected by most outside his niche base, especially those that are too close-minded to look beyond that juvenile party boy mentality that was on the early albums. But he does have some really good songs outside of those that are a bit more nostaligic and mood-centric, like party songs like "Bawitaba" and "American Badass."

Here's one for Ult:

That was an great performance, I think. And I also think his drummer is totally awesome!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

KID ROCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 4:16 am

she does rock those drums..
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

KID ROCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 4:21 am

and btw that was better a killer live version of Mama Kin
Back to top Go down
Mglaffas81
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Mglaffas81

Number of posts : 2255

KID ROCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 8:07 am

wow, that was a GREAT performance, Eyesore! Awesome cover!
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

KID ROCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 1:41 pm

I understand the hate for his music, although I don't think he's THAT bad as compared to others who take that musical direction. I've actually heard some of his stuff I like. I do like the man more than the music though. I love the southern conservative attitude he has to America haters. Anybody who says, "If you hate us, then you can kiss our ass." is high up in my book (though I like Ted Nugent much more). It takes a lot of guts for someone to take a patriotic stand in a medium full of Liberals who sympythise with America's enemies (Green Day, John Mellencamp, Don Henley, Bruce Springsteen, Dixie Chicks, etc.). I know some of you guys in HOM may dislike my attitude but I am going to be honest. I love my country and make no apologies for it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
Chairman_Smith
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
Chairman_Smith

Number of posts : 1636

KID ROCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 6:30 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I understand the hate for his music, although I don't think he's THAT bad as compared to others who take that musical direction. I've actually heard some of his stuff I like. I do like the man more than the music though. I love the southern conservative attitude he has to America haters. Anybody who says, "If you hate us, then you can kiss our ass." is high up in my book (though I like Ted Nugent much more). It takes a lot of guts for someone to take a patriotic stand in a medium full of Liberals who sympythise with America's enemies (Green Day, John Mellencamp, Don Henley, Bruce Springsteen, Dixie Chicks, etc.). I know some of you guys in HOM may dislike my attitude but I am going to be honest. I love my country and make no apologies for it.

Oh please don't throw around the word liberal like that, it sounds really ignorant.
Back to top Go down

KID ROCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 6:34 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I love the southern conservative attitude he has
to America haters. Anybody who says, "If you hate us, then you can kiss
our ass." is high up in my book (though I like Ted Nugent much more).
It takes a lot of guts for someone to take a patriotic stand in a
medium full of Liberals who sympythise with America's enemies (Green
Day, John Mellencamp, Don Henley, Bruce Springsteen, Dixie Chicks,
etc.). I know some of you guys in HOM may dislike my attitude but I am
going to be honest. I love my country and make no apologies for it.

Anybody have a spittoon and a noose?

DallasBlack, please try to stay on topic. Or begin another thread named "DallasBlack's Irrational Diatribes".
Back to top Go down

KID ROCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 7:19 pm

Yeah, no political crap. Haha.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

KID ROCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 7:59 pm

Hey this is about Kid Rock so it is not off topic because he feels as passionate about it as I do. Also other people have gotten political on here before and I don't remember any fuss over it. I know my opinion is not popular but I say screw popular, I gotta be me. Deal with it!
:kickbutt:
Also I don't wish any politcal disscussions either, I just wanted to say what I admired about Kid Rock. Lets keep the peace here. If I knew that I was going to be persecuted for my personal beliefs, I would have kept quiet.

Last edited by on Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

KID ROCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK Icon_minitimeWed Jan 23, 2008 8:04 pm

Chairman_Smith wrote:
Oh please don't throw around the word liberal like that, it sounds really ignorant.

I know to certain people that sounds ignorant, but I am entitled to my opinion (as are you) and besides why are some people affraid of the word Liberal it's just a word, I don't get offended when someone calls me a conservative (or a Nazi, or a facist, or a gun toting racist nut job).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

KID ROCK Empty
PostSubject: Re: KID ROCK   KID ROCK Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

KID ROCK
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next