Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Essential Christian Metal

Go down 
+10
Shiney
Olafsto
kmorg
Thrasher73
Troublezone
stepcousin
candlemass
ultmetal
mr.electric39
bgast1
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

Essential Christian Metal - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Essential Christian Metal   Essential Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 7:45 pm

Shiney wrote:
always dug MERCY RULE' "Overruled" disc....

as well as the RANSOM cds...

but that stuff may not be "metal" enough....

The Ransom disc was pretty good. More light alloy alluminum !!!!

Mercy Rule didn't do much for me... I had friends who thought they were great...

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Essential Christian Metal   Essential Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 11:01 pm

One not too many people know about, but it's an outstanding CD:
Mirador - The Azrael Tales

PostSubject: Re: Essential Christian Metal   Essential Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2008 11:37 pm

some good stuff is the crossforce and golgatha demos. i forgot them. dedicated to tony crider(RIP) who died on cancer 3 years ago.
Back to top Go down
mr.electric39
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
mr.electric39

Number of posts : 1828

PostSubject: Re: Essential Christian Metal   Essential Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 1:31 pm

syrus wrote:
some good stuff is the crossforce and golgatha demos. i forgot them. dedicated to tony crider(RIP) who died on cancer 3 years ago.

Tony Crider died of a heart condition in 2002. He was a personal friend of mine, please get your information correct before you post. He really had a heart for Jesus and was extremely compassionate.

I agree that the Crossforce and Golgatha material was brilliant, Golgatha was more straight ahead Heavy Metal, great guitar work You can hear the Golgatha material on the re-released Valor cd 'Fight For Your Life'

Essential Christian Metal - Page 2 Valor

issued through Retroactive 2004 . You can still get it from CD Baby.

Crossforce was more commercial sounding, by Tony's own admission. He brought in piano and such. Don't misunderstand Crossforce rocked as hard as anyone, more in common with Def Leppard and the like, than Judas Priest....
Back to top Go down
http://www.whitethronereviews.blogspot.com

PostSubject: Re: Essential Christian Metal   Essential Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 25, 2008 3:04 pm

mr.electric39 wrote:
syrus wrote:

Tony Crider died of a heart condition in 2002. He was a personal friend of mine, please get your information correct before you post. He really had a heart for Jesus and was extremely compassionate.

I agree that the Crossforce and Golgatha material was brilliant, Golgatha was more straight ahead Heavy Metal, great guitar work You can hear the Golgatha material on the re-released Valor cd 'Fight For Your Life'

Essential Christian Metal - Page 2 Valor

issued through Retroactive 2004 . You can still get it from CD Baby.

Crossforce was more commercial sounding, by Tony's own admission. He brought in piano and such. Don't misunderstand Crossforce rocked as hard as anyone, more in common with Def Leppard and the like, than Judas Priest....

well, actually i've got this info from alvarez. my english is poor but he wrote me that he died from a desease. he didn't mention something about his heart. so i thought he meant cancer. perhaps he didn't have the right info although he was still in touch with him.i have still his original email. i don't have anything to get though 'cause i have all their original releases either as golgatha either as prisoner either as valor.....no more room for some souvers....

i love crider's throat. and in the demo there are 3 great tracks...sure i prefer golgatha though....don't ask me why only valor managed to make a full length release....you know the reason....
Back to top Go down
SAHB Healer
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
SAHB Healer

Number of posts : 2793

PostSubject: Re: Essential Christian Metal   Essential Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2008 9:17 pm

I thought I'd drag out this old thread, in response to the list from the kid that Ult posted. This forum is a good place to learn

Mine...

Veni Domine- Tounges
Saint- 20th Anniversary Collection(cheat!)
Deliverence- Weapons of Our Warfare
Balance of Power- Book of Secrets
Veni Domine- Album of Labour
Barren Cross- Atomic Arena
Jacob's Dream-s/t
Leviticus- I Shall Conquer (hey, I like it, sorry)
Stryper- To Hell With The Devil (gotta list the claasic)
Petra- Petra Means Rock (I know it's not metal, but I love pomprock)
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Essential Christian Metal   Essential Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2008 11:44 pm

I havent been around long enough to know whats absolutley essential, but these are some of my favorates...

Vengeance Rising-- Human sacrifice, Once dead,
Deliverance-- s/t, Weapons of our warfare
Narnia-- Awakening, Desert Land,
Living Sacrifice-- Conceived in fire, Reborn, s/t
Eternal Decision-- s/t
Extol--Burial
Franks Enemy--Neoblasphemies, Illumination
Jacobs Dream-- s/t, Theater of war,
Lightforce-- 1986-1988,
Mortification-- Scrolls of the megaloth ( I DO know that one is essential!!)
Stryper-- Yellow and black attack, Roxx regime demos, To hell with the devil,
Ultimatum-- Symphonic Extremities, Into the pit, mechanics of perilous times
Veni Domine-- Spiritual wasteland
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

PostSubject: Re: Essential Christian Metal   Essential Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 12:10 am

my favs:

Angelica Angelica
Barren Cross State of Control
Believer Extraction from Mortality
Bloodgood Detonation
The Brave Battle Cries
Bride Silence Is Madness
Chryztyne Tales of Paradise
Consecrator Consecrator/Image of Deception
Creed The Sign of Victory
Deliverance Weapons of our Warfare
Extol Burial
Hallowed Fear and Pain
Halo Halo
Holy Soldier Last Train
Idle Cure Second Avenue
Leviticus Knights of Heaven
Living Sacrifice Living Sacrifice
Messiah Prophet Master of the Metal
Narnia Awakening
Rage of Angels Rage of Angels
Recon Behind Enemy Lines
Saint In the Battle
Sardonyx Majestic Serenity
Screams of Chaos Genetic War
Seventh Angel Lament for the Weary
Seventh Avenue Rainbowland
Spittin Jonah Sphere of Resistance
Titanic Maiden Voyage
Tourniquet Stop the Bleeding
Trytan Celestial Messenger
Veni Domine Fall Babylon Fall
Whitecross In the Kingdom
X Sinner Get It

Alex

candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Essential Christian Metal   Essential Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 7:46 am

ultmetal wrote:
One not too many people know about, but it's an outstanding CD:
Mirador - The Azrael Tales

I'm aware, hope they record another! 🤘
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
candlemass
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
candlemass

Number of posts : 2096

PostSubject: Re: Essential Christian Metal   Essential Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 7:48 am

For the record, Saviour Machine is not pure goth, many metallic elements to thier sound, among others.......and hardly boring!!!!!!!!!!! angry
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/fragilegothband
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Essential Christian Metal   Essential Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 12:09 pm

Quote :
="ultmetal]Saviour Machine are a goth band. I never could understand why people call them metal when half the time there isn't even any guitars present. I personally find them boring, but I've never been a big goth fan.
candlemass wrote:
For the record, Saviour Machine is not pure goth, many metallic elements to thier sound, among others.......and hardly boring!!!!!!!!!!! angry

Essential Christian Metal - Page 2 19976

Cool. Glad you like them. I am certainly in the minority in my opinion of this band. I personally find goth to be boring. I've owned most of the Saviour Machine CDs and have traded them off. Didn't like them. Just my preference. I still don't think they are metal. Goth for sure, but hardly heavy metal.

Last edited by ultmetal on Sat Mar 15, 2008 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Essential Christian Metal   Essential Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 15, 2008 12:27 pm

ultmetal wrote:
Quote :
="ultmetal]Saviour Machine are a goth band. I never could understand why people call them metal when half the time there isn't even any guitars present. I personally find them boring, but I've never been a big goth fan.
candlemass wrote:

Essential Christian Metal - Page 2 19976

Cool. Glad you like them. I am certainly in the minority in my opinion of this bad. I personally find goth to be boring. I've owned most of the Saviour Machine CDs and have traded them off. Didn't like them. Just my preference. I still don't think they are metal. Goth for sure, but hardly heavy metal.

hehehe, yeah, the demo was a major hit in the circuit of athenian goth clubs.... lol!
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

PostSubject: Re: Essential Christian Metal   Essential Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun May 25, 2008 11:04 am

Bumping this thread up for the benefit of powermacho. Some good recommendations here.

PostSubject: Re: Essential Christian Metal   Essential Christian Metal - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Essential Christian Metal
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2