Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

EVER WORKED FOR A METAL WEBZINE?

Go down 
+4
kmorg
DeathCult
Fat Freddy
juanmiguel
8 posters
AuthorMessage
juanmiguel
Metal student
Metal student
juanmiguel

Number of posts : 147

EVER WORKED FOR A METAL WEBZINE? Empty
PostSubject: EVER WORKED FOR A METAL WEBZINE?   EVER WORKED FOR A METAL WEBZINE? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 12:31 pm

As some of you might have noticed, I occasionaly post links to Filipinometal.com. It's a canada-based webzine that's meant to bring filipino metal bands to the world and the world to filipino metalheads.

Anyway, I just wanna know if anyone here ever worked for a metal webzine or is currently working for one.
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: EVER WORKED FOR A METAL WEBZINE?   EVER WORKED FOR A METAL WEBZINE? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 12:37 pm

I have been writing reviews and an occasional column called FROM THE MEGA VAULT for Detritus e-zine ( http://www.myspace.com/detritusezine ) since 2000 or 2001, I forget. As a matter of fact I just finished off my "2007 Year In Review" column for them a day or two ago and sent it in.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EVER WORKED FOR A METAL WEBZINE?   EVER WORKED FOR A METAL WEBZINE? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 2:14 pm

Yeah, I've been working with one or the other since they began popping up online in the mid-90s.
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: EVER WORKED FOR A METAL WEBZINE?   EVER WORKED FOR A METAL WEBZINE? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 3:41 pm

Not an actual webzine, but I had a column on my site til I deleted it a few months ago. Just the column, I kept my site, just in an edited form. And I write the occasional review
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: EVER WORKED FOR A METAL WEBZINE?   EVER WORKED FOR A METAL WEBZINE? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 4:09 pm

Nope. Wouldn't mind to, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: EVER WORKED FOR A METAL WEBZINE?   EVER WORKED FOR A METAL WEBZINE? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 2:27 pm

Yes, I've "worked" for a german metal webzine called "Blooddawn", wrote a few reviews and column. It doesn't exist now.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: EVER WORKED FOR A METAL WEBZINE?   EVER WORKED FOR A METAL WEBZINE? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 2:29 pm

Not a metal one, but I did "metal work" for www.musikkavisen.no.

Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal

Number of posts : 1786

PostSubject: Re: EVER WORKED FOR A METAL WEBZINE?   EVER WORKED FOR A METAL WEBZINE? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 2:42 pm

I had my own metal webzine / fanzine called Metal Discharge between 2003-2004 (also did a bunch of interviews with cool bands like Tankard, Assassin, Vendetta, Goddess of Desire, Wasteland, etc.), and then I got adopted by Paranoid-Zine (www.paranoid-zine.com), Slovenian 1st and biggest metal webzine, online since 1999 Smile
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: EVER WORKED FOR A METAL WEBZINE?   EVER WORKED FOR A METAL WEBZINE? Icon_minitimeTue Jan 22, 2008 7:46 pm

I published a real, true undergound zine back in the day! Very small one, didn;t last too long. But no, not a webzine. I don't have the time for it anymore.
Back to top Go down
Vordul
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
Vordul

Number of posts : 322

PostSubject: Re: EVER WORKED FOR A METAL WEBZINE?   EVER WORKED FOR A METAL WEBZINE? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 1:42 am

I've always wanted too

congrats sovdat on your new signing!

humble
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: EVER WORKED FOR A METAL WEBZINE?   EVER WORKED FOR A METAL WEBZINE? Icon_minitimeFri Feb 01, 2008 3:23 am

No.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EVER WORKED FOR A METAL WEBZINE?   EVER WORKED FOR A METAL WEBZINE? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

EVER WORKED FOR A METAL WEBZINE?
Page 1 of 1