Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album..

Go down 
+15
kmorg
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
SAHB Healer
Metal Misfit
Stender
DeathCult
EvyMetal
mc666
DallasBlack
Required Fields
Fat Freddy
Invader
Thrasher73
Tall Tyrion
nevermore
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

The Dungeons Are Calling
Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album.. - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album.. - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
Sirens
Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album.. - Page 2 Vote_lcap6%Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album.. - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 6% [ 2 ]
Fight For The Rock
Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album.. - Page 2 Vote_lcap0%Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album.. - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Power Of The Night
Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album.. - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album.. - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 3 ]
Hall Of The Mountain King
Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album.. - Page 2 Vote_lcap40%Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album.. - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 40% [ 14 ]
Gutter Ballet
Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album.. - Page 2 Vote_lcap11%Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album.. - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 11% [ 4 ]
Streets
Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album.. - Page 2 Vote_lcap9%Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album.. - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 9% [ 3 ]
Edge Of Thorns
Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album.. - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album.. - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 7 ]
Total Votes : 35

AuthorMessage
Angelcake Adonisus Fox
Metal student
Metal student
Angelcake Adonisus Fox

Number of posts : 162

Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album.. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album..   Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 1:23 pm

Hall of the Mountain King, even though I don't actually own it. Laughing

It's hard to choose, though. One of the things that make Savatage so addictive (and almost every album a must have) is that each album has it's own unique personality. HOTMK has a very classic, European-inspired metal sound, while their older work is a bit thrashier. Things like Gutter Ballet and Streets are extremely theatrical....almost like a stage musical. Very difficult to choose a favorite because each album fits whatever mood you're in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album..   Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 1:38 pm

Nice post, AAF, and very true.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album..   Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 2:08 pm

For whatever reason, I never contributed. and since my new years resolution is to participate in every Savatage thread ever, I'm in!

PostSubject: Re: Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album..   Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 4:13 pm

That would be HOTMK, not only that; its basically one of the best Metal albums ever, IMO. Sirens, EOT and POTN follow sorta closely.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album..   Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 4:17 pm

EvyMetal wrote:
I'm not surprised no one chose "Fight For The Rock". I read that even Savatage doesn't like that album. Smile

Though its the worst of those albums listed, its still much better than it usually gets credited for, IMO.
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album..   Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 4:29 pm

Cool avatar, St.Patrick. I used to visit that site often. Are you by any chance one of the owners of that site?

PostSubject: Re: Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album..   Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 4:34 pm

kmorg wrote:
Cool avatar, St.Patrick. I used to visit that site often. Are you by any chance one of the owners of that site?

Not owner, I do however review and provide news for MER, as well as DJ work. You should get back to the habit of visiting MER Wink
Back to top Go down
the sentinel
Metal is Forever
the sentinel

Number of posts : 9428

PostSubject: Re: Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album..   Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 9:34 pm

Hall of the Mountain King b/c it was the first one I ever heard and owned. I do love Power of the Night a close, close second though, that is just such a classic metal album.
Back to top Go down
powermacho
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
powermacho

Number of posts : 1778

PostSubject: Re: Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album..   Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 02, 2008 11:59 pm

I go for SIRENS, it is a heavy metal monter. without jon oliva I like Edge of thorns.

what about your favorite side project from member of savatage?
jon oliva's pain - maniacal renderings
Back to top Go down
Stender
The lost Ramone
Stender

Number of posts : 6557

PostSubject: Re: Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album..   Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 12:02 am

Side projects? I would probably go with a Chris Caffery album.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album..   Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 4:26 am

Fav side project is probably Dr Butcher, it had some of that early, wicked Savatage vibe o it.

Though you cant really truthfully call JOP, CIIC or any other present day related band a side project, since Savatage has pretty much disbanded.
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album..   Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 8:51 am

St Patrik wrote:
Though you cant really truthfully call JOP, CIIC or any other present day related band a side project, since Savatage has pretty much disbanded.

Agreed. But if they were considered one, then I would go with CIIC.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
skullkrusher
Metal student
Metal student
skullkrusher

Number of posts : 115

PostSubject: Re: Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album..   Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 9:01 am

1.) Hall Of The Mountain King
2.) Sirens
3.) The Dungeons Are Calling
4.) Streets: A Rock Opera
5.) Power Of The Night
6.) Gutter Ballet
7.) Fight For The Rock
8.) Edge Of Thorns
Back to top Go down
EvyMetal
Baron Von 40oz.
EvyMetal

Number of posts : 4386

PostSubject: Re: Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album..   Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 7:12 pm

Fight For The Rock is above Edge Of Thorns? BLASPHEMY!
Back to top Go down
skullkrusher
Metal student
Metal student
skullkrusher

Number of posts : 115

PostSubject: Re: Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album..   Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 7:26 pm

I could never get into EDGE OF THORNS because of the vocalist.

Savatage without Jon Oliva on vocals just isn't Savatage IMO.
Back to top Go down
7thSecond
Metal master
Metal master
7thSecond

Number of posts : 668

PostSubject: Re: Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album..   Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album.. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 03, 2008 7:30 pm

Edge of Thorns, though my favorite song, Tonight He Grins Again is off of Streets.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album..   Fave Criss Oliva era Savatage album.. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2