Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Not only does it rhyme with "rock"...

Go down 
+8
MetalGuy71
thejokeriv
Thrasher73
Fat Freddy
Tall Tyrion
Shiney
T-Roy
TrogDawn
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

Number of posts : 3361

Not only does it rhyme with "rock"... Empty
PostSubject: Not only does it rhyme with "rock"...   Not only does it rhyme with "rock"... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 4:14 pm

...but many of rock's practitioners tend to be obsessed with it! Shocked

Post references to the "one-eyed trouser trout" that can be commonly found in the rock spectrum.

The first one that comes to mind for me is David Coverdale's thinly veiled reference with the name of his post-PURPLE band:

Not only does it rhyme with "rock"... 90931

Not to mention that the band's "mascot" always manages to place itself in extremely close proximity to a woman sooner or later: What a Face

Not only does it rhyme with "rock"... Lovehunter Not only does it rhyme with "rock"... Album200-11656 Not only does it rhyme with "rock"... Here%20i%20go%20again Not only does it rhyme with "rock"... Tawny042uv3

sometimes with alarming consequences:

Not only does it rhyme with "rock"... Kitaentawnymug

Any others? surprised

Last edited by on Wed Jan 16, 2008 3:20 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://bandcamp.com/stonegrooverecords/following
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Not only does it rhyme with "rock"...   Not only does it rhyme with "rock"... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 4:30 pm

lol! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Not only does it rhyme with "rock"...   Not only does it rhyme with "rock"... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 6:21 pm

Lotsa lookers...but no takers. No
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not only does it rhyme with "rock"...   Not only does it rhyme with "rock"... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2008 11:26 pm

Not only does it rhyme with "rock"... Let%20Them%20Eat%20Metal

I always thought that THE RODS were implying the same thing...don't know for sure what "their" take on the name means, but with album covers like this...that's the only thing I can come up with.
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

Number of posts : 3487

PostSubject: Re: Not only does it rhyme with "rock"...   Not only does it rhyme with "rock"... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 9:13 am

Not only does it rhyme with "rock"... Bigcock

Their name pretty much sums up the tongue in cheek nature of this band...

songs about doing it....sex...makng the beast with two backs....doing it....making love....doing it....doing the nasty.....doing it....um and I think maybe more songs about doing it.

snakey sleazy blues drenched guitar....tough strong vocals....think BAD COMPANY with a perpetual boner and you have this band....

http://www.myspace.com/bigcockrocks

PostSubject: Re: Not only does it rhyme with "rock"...   Not only does it rhyme with "rock"... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 9:28 am

Aerosmith - "Big Ten Inch Record"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not only does it rhyme with "rock"...   Not only does it rhyme with "rock"... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 9:29 am

KISS - Love Gun

KISS - "...let me put my log in your fireplace..." - from the song Burn B***h Burn
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Not only does it rhyme with "rock"...   Not only does it rhyme with "rock"... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 9:48 am

We could name KISS songs all day long on this thread.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not only does it rhyme with "rock"...   Not only does it rhyme with "rock"... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 9:54 am

Tall Tyrion wrote:
We could name KISS songs all day long on this thread.

Plaster Caster
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Not only does it rhyme with "rock"...   Not only does it rhyme with "rock"... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 9:59 am

There's a song on Black N Blue's IN HEAT album called "The Snake" -- gee, I wonder what THAT's about? Laughing

Now that I think about it, that particular album was produced by Gene Simmons, speaking of KISS

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Not only does it rhyme with "rock"...   Not only does it rhyme with "rock"... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 10:05 am

"Mr Johnson & The JuiceCrew"- SCATTERBRAIN

"The Stroke"- BILLY SQUIER

PostSubject: Re: Not only does it rhyme with "rock"...   Not only does it rhyme with "rock"... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 10:05 am

Monty Python's Penis Song
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not only does it rhyme with "rock"...   Not only does it rhyme with "rock"... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 10:07 am

"TubeSnake Boogie" - ZZ Top
Back to top Go down
T-Roy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
T-Roy

Number of posts : 4077

PostSubject: Re: Not only does it rhyme with "rock"...   Not only does it rhyme with "rock"... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 10:22 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
"TubeSnake Boogie" - ZZ Top
fainting Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37871

PostSubject: Re: Not only does it rhyme with "rock"...   Not only does it rhyme with "rock"... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 10:28 am

Shiney wrote:
"Mr Johnson & The JuiceCrew"- SCATTERBRAIN

(Smacks forehead) Should've thought of that one myself. I LOVE that band!

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down
Thrasher73
Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Not only does it rhyme with "rock"...   Not only does it rhyme with "rock"... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 11:09 am

Not only does it rhyme with "rock"... AK034_400px
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not only does it rhyme with "rock"...   Not only does it rhyme with "rock"... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 11:11 am

thrasher73 wrote:
Not only does it rhyme with "rock"... AK034_400px

The day has finally come that thrasher can display his Goblin Cock picture! Smile
Back to top Go down
Shiney
Scarred But Smarter
Scarred But Smarter
Shiney

PostSubject: Re: Not only does it rhyme with "rock"...   Not only does it rhyme with "rock"... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 11:12 am

that's a special pic indeed

Much Cooler than the other 72
Thrasher73

Number of posts : 8918

PostSubject: Re: Not only does it rhyme with "rock"...   Not only does it rhyme with "rock"... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 11:14 am

I knew sooner or later that pic would come in handy! Laughing very hard
Back to top Go down
TrogDawn
Janitor of the Void
TrogDawn

PostSubject: Re: Not only does it rhyme with "rock"...   Not only does it rhyme with "rock"... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 3:24 pm

"Let me cut your cake with my knife" - from the song "Let Me Put My Love Into You" by AC/DC impatient

And probably one of the best examples of poorly done double-entendre in the entire history of rock. Brian Johnson just couldn't pull it off the way Bon Scott did. Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
thejokeriv
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
thejokeriv

Number of posts : 12811

PostSubject: Re: Not only does it rhyme with "rock"...   Not only does it rhyme with "rock"... Icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2008 9:12 pm

TrogDawn wrote:
"Let me cut your cake with my knife" - from the song "Let Me Put My Love Into You" by AC/DC impatient

And probably one of the best examples of poorly done double-entendre in the entire history of rock. Brian Johnson just couldn't pull it off the way Bon Scott did. Evil or Very Mad

Yes, but what about his ode to oral sex, Giving The Dog A Bone, that one came across slightly better
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Not only does it rhyme with "rock"...   Not only does it rhyme with "rock"... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 8:42 am

Or when Robert Plant sings "gonna give you ever inch of my love"...

Or when Klaus Meine sings "give her incnes & feed her well"...
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Not only does it rhyme with "rock"...   Not only does it rhyme with "rock"... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 10:16 am

Shawn Of Fire wrote:
Or when Robert Plant sings "gonna give you ever inch of my love"...

Or when Klaus Meine sings "give her incnes & feed her well"...

How about squeezing his lemon till the juice runs down his leg? Ewwwwwwwwwwww.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Not only does it rhyme with "rock"...   Not only does it rhyme with "rock"... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 10:22 am

thejokeriv wrote:
TrogDawn wrote:

Yes, but what about his ode to oral sex, Giving The Dog A Bone, that one came across slightly better

When I was younger, still living at home, I was listening to this song and when they repeat the phrase "Giving the dog a bone" over and over, my mom walked by my room and said "For Pete's sake, give the dog a bone and shut up about it!" Neither one of us got the inuendo at the time, but when I look back on it now, I can't help but laugh. And I'm pretty sure my mom still wouldn't get the joke.
Back to top Go down
Tall Tyrion
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Not only does it rhyme with "rock"...   Not only does it rhyme with "rock"... Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 10:22 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

How about squeezing his lemon till the juice runs down his leg? Ewwwwwwwwwwww.

That was originally Robert Johnson's line. Cool
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Not only does it rhyme with "rock"...   Not only does it rhyme with "rock"... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Not only does it rhyme with "rock"...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next