Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Sabaton

Go down 
+15
Troublezone
nevermore
Required Fields
SlaytanicPOWER
metalheaded
bgast1
tohostudios
Fat Freddy
Olafsto
mc666
exact33
scottmitchell74
Wargod
Follower of Jesus
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Sabaton - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabaton   Sabaton - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 7:18 am

I suppose it's better than being named "Cöd Piece". Smile
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

Sabaton - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabaton   Sabaton - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 7:36 am

How did you make that special o?

"We are.....Cod Piece! Thank you!!
Back to top Go down

Sabaton - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabaton   Sabaton - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 7:41 am

I copied it from a Motorhead article. Smile
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Number of posts : 30892

Sabaton - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabaton   Sabaton - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 7:59 am

scottmitchell74 wrote:
How did you make that special o?

"We are.....Cod Piece! Thank you!!

I sure didn't expect a serious answer to that question.

The King
exact33

Number of posts : 23274

Sabaton - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabaton   Sabaton - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2008 11:28 pm

tohostudios wrote:
scottmitchell74 wrote:
One who is a Sabatour?? don\'t know

Nope. It's a piece of the armor on a knight. It covers the foot. Odd choice for a band name, eh?

well thats a better explanation since I was expecting it to be one of the strange norweigan words that kurt uses that might mean curd of flamingo or something like that...

Alex

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Sabaton - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabaton   Sabaton - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 2:19 pm

So The Art Of War came in the mail yesterday and I've been spinnin' it ever since. This is the album of the year so far!

It's based on Sun Tzu's "The Art Of War" and has little spoken word quotations from the book scattered around the album. The keys are very subtle and add a nice atmosphere and texture to the procedings. This is what power metal is supposed to sound like!

scottmitchell74

Sabaton - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabaton   Sabaton - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 3:27 pm

Can't wait to get it.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Number of posts : 2522

Sabaton - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabaton   Sabaton - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 12, 2008 3:43 pm

I agree toho, it`s a great album.
They do sound a bit samey, but they are great at what they do..
Back to top Go down
http://www.myspace.com/olafsto
Follower of Jesus
Metal student
Metal student
Follower of Jesus

Number of posts : 121

Sabaton - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabaton   Sabaton - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 6:31 pm

Brilliant metal album! Another in a series. These guys do not know how to make a bad record. This new record introduces a full-time keyboardist to the band. I was leery that this would make the band's sound less aggressive. Well, that worry was unfounded. Sabaton's as heavy as ever. The keys only add atmosphere to what is already fist-pounding metal.

The lyrics on this one are based on the military treatise "The Art of War" by ancient Chinese Sun Tzu. The album is very nearly a concept record as almost every song is prefaced by a voice reading a verse from this historic work, and then the song flows from that verse. The album describes battles and military war movements, again primarily focusing on the World Wars, using Sun Tzu's work as the backdrop. I'm finding lots to like in these lyrics. There's a song about the German invasion of Russia in WWII ("Panzerkampf") that is awesome in its storytelling.

Musically, the band stays very true to their sound. If you liked Primo Victoria and/or Attero Dominatus, you will undoubtedly love this new one. If you didn't like those records, you're probably not gonna like this.

This will likely become my favorite Sabaton album.
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
scottmitchell74

Sabaton - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabaton   Sabaton - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 7:23 pm

Pimp!!
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Sabaton - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabaton   Sabaton - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 21, 2008 7:25 pm

My album of the year so far!

Sabaton - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabaton   Sabaton - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 3:18 pm

I just picked up Attero last weekend and have listened to it about 5 times already. Thank-you to all who pimped this band and made me poorer as I ordered two more of their albums as soon as I got home. Some really great stuff, a little in the vein of Grave Digger and I love the anthemic march to war sound.
Back to top Go down
tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Sabaton - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabaton   Sabaton - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 13, 2008 3:32 pm

"Metal Crue" is still my favorite Sabaton song.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Sabaton - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabaton   Sabaton - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 20, 2009 4:33 pm

Big news from Sabaton Sabaton - Page 2 11840

SABATON JOINS THE NUCLEAR BLAST FAMILY
After 10 years as a band and 4 albums we have decided what the next step in the evolution of Sabaton will be.

A contract with the biggest Heavy Metal label in the world has been signed and the next album will be released by Nuclear Blast in the spring of 2010.

The last album "The Art of War" touched the hearts of tousands and tousands of metalfans around the world, and with their help we are now ready to hit the studio and record our new album.

What way could we better end our 10´th year?
-See you all in 2010 under the Coat of Arms!

Sabaton - Page 2 Nuclear-763316

“Nuclear Blast is very stoked to announce another great signing:
SABATON - one of the most promising upcoming bands in heavy metal these days!

Although they have already released four great albums, they are still unknown to the majority of the metal legions - which is a shame!
We noticed the band's potential to become one of the leaders of nowadays metal scene - especially by visiting their festival appearances and club shows.

Together Nuclear Blast and SABATON are prepared for the next step to bring the band on a much higher level!
-Watch out for their new album in spring 2010!”

(Jaap Wagemaker / A&R of NUCLEAR BLAST)

Back to top Go down

Sabaton - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabaton   Sabaton - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 1:07 am

Hope this is a good move for them. Sometimes being on smaller labels seems to keep the band hungry.
Back to top Go down
Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Sabaton - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabaton   Sabaton - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 2:17 am

Yes, it`s very important that they deliver a killer album this time.
I`m still a bit dissapointed with Art of War..
Nuclear Blast are very good at promoting their bands, at least here in Europe.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Sabaton - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabaton   Sabaton - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 8:47 am

I am glad at least getting their cds will be a bit easier... It was hard to find Art of War when it was first released..

metalheaded
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
metalheaded

Number of posts : 434

Sabaton - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabaton   Sabaton - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 21, 2009 11:48 pm

I still only have Metalizer (their first album...or first recording, but wasn't released until later), and it's pretty good. Haven't gotten around to getting the others yet, but not because I don't like them!
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Sabaton - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabaton   Sabaton - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 8:51 am

metalheaded wrote:
I still only have Metalizer (their first album...or first recording, but wasn't released until later), and it's pretty good. Haven't gotten around to getting the others yet, but not because I don't like them!

you should fix that pronto! Great stuff!!!

Olafsto
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Sabaton - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabaton   Sabaton - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 10:15 am

exact33 wrote:
metalheaded wrote:

Definitely!
Metalizer is their weakest by far IMO.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Sabaton - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabaton   Sabaton - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 5:56 pm

Olafsto wrote:
exact33 wrote:
metalheaded wrote:

Definitely!
Metalizer is their weakest by far IMO.

I like them all!

Sabaton - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabaton   Sabaton - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 10:02 pm

I like Art Of War but after the first couple listens, the talking parts are annoying.
Back to top Go down
exact33
The King
exact33

Sabaton - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabaton   Sabaton - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 22, 2009 10:23 pm

TheNazgul wrote:
I like Art Of War but after the first couple listens, the talking parts are annoying.

its cool to listen to while reading the book though..

tohostudios
King Of Kaiju
tohostudios

Sabaton - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabaton   Sabaton - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 23, 2009 8:48 am

TheNazgul wrote:

Normally I would agree with this but for some reason the spoken interludes on Art Of War seem to add to the overall atmosphere of the album IMO. I usually hate interludes but this is a rare exception.

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Olafsto

Sabaton - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabaton   Sabaton - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 24, 2010 10:16 am

First song from the coming album Coat of Arms is up on Myspace Sabaton - Page 2 11840
http://www.myspace.com/sabaton
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sabaton - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sabaton   Sabaton - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sabaton
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next