Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute

Go down 
+5
Metal Misfit
arttieTHE1manparty
mc666
Fat Freddy
KissinMaiden
9 posters
AuthorMessage
KissinMaiden
Metal master
Metal master
KissinMaiden

Number of posts : 688

Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute Empty
PostSubject: Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute   Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 4:53 pm

I haven't heard the album but man this guy rips em especially in the last line.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/showreview.aspx?reviewID=915
Back to top Go down
Fat Freddy
Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute   Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 4:55 pm

I may be in the minority but I thought Revolutions Per Minute is a pretty good disc. It was the first time I'd heard the new singer and he's got a decent voice. The songs have more of a snotty punk rock edge to them, which is probably why a lot of the old Skid Row fans are hating it... there's no "Youth Gone Wild" or "I Remember You" style stuff on it at all.

That Blabbermouth review is one of the harshest ones I've ever read on their site!! Priceless!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute   Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 6:04 pm

The new album is pretty bad. I thought Thickskin was pretty good, but this one is hard to like. Thickskin had some songs that went by the wayside, but there were some great tunes on that one, especially "Ghost," which could have been a huge hit for a modern rock band NOT named Skid Row.

This new album, however, is a group of guys just lost. There's modern rock, punk, and horrible country rockabilly with some really bad lyrics. The album just doesn't flow at all. It could have made for a good 4-track EP or something, but as an album it flops like a wet titty.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute   Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute Icon_minitimeThu Feb 22, 2007 8:20 pm

I have just the opposite opinion than Eyesore. I thought
Thickskin was unlistenable. I heard some new ones at the last
King's x/Skid Row fiesta, and I thought the new stuff was pretty
solid. Maybe it was better live - and I only have a promo 3 track
single from the RPM to judge from though.
Back to top Go down
mc666
Master Sailboat
mc666

Number of posts : 9301

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute   Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 12:20 am

the last Skid Row i liked was "Slave", but i have to admit, i haven't heard this one. not real interested in hearing it either.

arttieTHE1manparty
Administrator
arttieTHE1manparty

Number of posts : 863

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute   Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 5:15 pm

Not good. Not good at all.

Arttie
Back to top Go down
http://christianmetalrealm.niceboard.com
Metal Misfit
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Metal Misfit

Number of posts : 3282

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute   Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute Icon_minitimeFri Feb 23, 2007 10:57 pm

I've yet to hear Thickskin or this album, but I'd like to try'em both someday. It's a shame it's getting such bad reviews, and I think even Thickskin was pretty much reviewed as average by most places. They wrote some great songs back in the day, sad to read that they aren't bringing their A-game. I figured Skid Row was going to be one of the few bands that was going into the 2000s with at least some critical acclaim, if not albums that sold outside their current fanbase (such as Tesla, Scorpions, etc.).
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute   Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 8:13 am

Skid Row without Sebastian is nothing total zero for me. Sebastian is persona. look on G'n'R support.
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute   Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute Icon_minitimeSat Feb 24, 2007 6:13 pm

Skid Row without Sebastian isn't Skid Row to me. While I haven't heard much from the "new" Skid Row, I've seen Sebastian solo and at one time owned his solo cd. Aside from the Skid Row songs he performs live, his new stuff that he claims to have written is pretty lame. It's not memorable or catchy at all.

I think they need each other, just like Priest needed Halford and Maiden needs Dickenson. Something just clicks when those guys perform together.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute   Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2007 7:51 am

No Bas, No Skid Row. They have been getting worse and worse without Bas
Back to top Go down
iamrockerfun
Heart of Metal
Heart of Metal
iamrockerfun

Number of posts : 2003

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute   Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2007 8:18 am

Bach is Bach he is lead person like Dee Snider
Back to top Go down
http://bootlegnightmare.euweb.cz/

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute   Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute Icon_minitimeSun Feb 25, 2007 8:47 am

Bought it when it came out and listened to it twice, it's total shite, it's on my shelf and shall never be played again.

No Bach, No Skid Row.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute   Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 1:40 pm

I received a copy of Thickskin and Revolutions this weekend.

"Thickskin" sounds like some modern rock band. I didn't really like it at all. SHARK SANDWICH!

"Revolutions" I am sort of diggin'" Still doesn't sound like classic Skid Row, but I like the rock/punk mix the band has resorted to. It's sort of fun. The rockabily song "You Lie" is sort of silly, but fun at the same time.

Metal, Movies, Beer
Metal, Movies, Beer
Fat Freddy

Number of posts : 37869

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute   Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 1:40 pm

Ult, I preferred "R.P.M" over "Thickskin" by a mile.

HEY KIDS! Check out my way-cool CD and movie reviews and other geeky nonsense on the HubPages Network: http://hubpages.com/@fatfreddyscat
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute   Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 1:50 pm

Fat Freddy wrote:
Ult, I preferred "R.P.M" over "Thickskin" by a mile.
The opposite for me.

EDIT: Oops. Said that already.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute   Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 1:57 pm

Eyesore wrote:

EDIT: Oops. Said that already.

Yeah you did, but any opportunity to read "but as an album it flops like a wet titty." again is a fine opportunity indeed.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute   Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 2:14 pm

I still have not heard either one of the Bas-less Skid Row albums, nor do I intend to. Why don't they just get it over with and re-unite already. Every other freakin' band has! Cripes, if Eddie and Dave can get it together, why can't these guys?
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute   Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 2:26 pm

I agree with Eyesore, this album for me is terrible. I actually really liked Thickskin and caught the band live on the Thickskin tour and they were great. The new singer, while no where near as good a front man as the great Sebastian Bach really has a strong voice and fits the music well.

When I heard this album I just thought Wow these guys IMO seem to have forgotten how to write a good song. I didn't find anything on this album I liked. So many different styles on display the album for me just doesn't come together properly.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute   Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 2:51 pm

I thought the new Bach album was pretty good, with a good line up Sebastian can still wail.
Back to top Go down
ultmetal
Administrator
ultmetal

Number of posts : 19452

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute   Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 3:07 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:
I thought the new Bach album was pretty good, with a good line up Sebastian can still wail.

I think it's better than either of these two Skid Row CDs.

Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute   Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 3:49 pm

emptytomb1 wrote:

Yea, I really like this one too. Way better than his 1st solo cd.
Back to top Go down
UltraMagnus007
Metal graduate
Metal graduate
UltraMagnus007

Number of posts : 282

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute   Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute Icon_minitimeMon Jun 02, 2008 3:57 pm

Yeah I thought Sebatian Bachs solo album rocked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute   Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skid Row - Revolutions Per Minute
Page 1 of 1