Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Want the Metal CD Compilation back ?

Go down 
+12
DallasBlack
scottmitchell74
Olafsto
Required Fields
MetalGuy71
Shiney
exact33
SideShowDisaSter
A Handful of Wayne
ghost
mc666
kmorg
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

MP3 CD
Want the Metal CD Compilation back ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap19%Want the Metal CD Compilation back ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 19% [ 4 ]
Audio CD
Want the Metal CD Compilation back ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap67%Want the Metal CD Compilation back ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 67% [ 14 ]
Don't want it back
Want the Metal CD Compilation back ? - Page 2 Vote_lcap14%Want the Metal CD Compilation back ? - Page 2 Vote_rcap
 14% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 21

Poll closed

AuthorMessage

Want the Metal CD Compilation back ? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Want the Metal CD Compilation back ?   Want the Metal CD Compilation back ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 5:51 pm

Tall Tyrion wrote:
MetalGuy71 wrote:
I like the idea of it, but I'm not sure that I would participate. I'd be concerned that my music collection wouldn't be "obscure" or "underground" enough for some of the members here.

That was why I never participated on the other board.

Give it a go TT, no harm in trying

It's a new year, let your hair down and stop wiggling your arse.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

Number of posts : 7685

PostSubject: Re: Want the Metal CD Compilation back ?   Want the Metal CD Compilation back ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 6:24 pm

DallasBlack wrote:
I would be willing to do this but selected audio because with my Vista I can't make anything but data or audio discs. When I had XP and was able to use music match I could make MP3 discs but not anymore.

I enjoy making comps. I did 17 for Ultmetal last year and it was a blast and I would like to do it for others as well.

What vista do you have? I have vista as well and im able to do pretty much everything i did in xp.
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Want the Metal CD Compilation back ?   Want the Metal CD Compilation back ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 6:30 pm

MetalGuy71 wrote:
I like the idea of it, but I'm not sure that I would participate. I'd be concerned that my music collection wouldn't be "obscure" or "underground" enough for some of the members here.

Thats cool. cause you might have bands that other people dont listen to or ever heard of. not everything i have is obscure or underground either but id im sure i have something someone else doesnt have.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Want the Metal CD Compilation back ?   Want the Metal CD Compilation back ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2008 9:42 pm

Audio CD is my vote...
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

PostSubject: Re: Want the Metal CD Compilation back ?   Want the Metal CD Compilation back ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 3:33 am

Phoenix Reign Drummer wrote:
DallasBlack wrote:
I would be willing to do this but selected audio because with my Vista I can't make anything but data or audio discs. When I had XP and was able to use music match I could make MP3 discs but not anymore.

I enjoy making comps. I did 17 for Ultmetal last year and it was a blast and I would like to do it for others as well.

What vista do you have? I have vista as well and im able to do pretty much everything i did in xp.

I don't have the 2GB of RAM needed for it to run smoothly (my ram is about 1.5GB) also my printer/fax/scanner and my Phillips MP3 player don't have updated software to work properly with Vista (Music Match has updated software but I can't seem to get it off the net). Eveytime I try to get updated version of Music Match or I try to get Limewire or other file sharing programs (only to sample bands and to sait my appetite for new music while I am under a budget, not for getting an album w/o paying) or if I try to update Windows, the download is aborted. Until I can afford to get more memory or get XP I just have to live with it.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Want the Metal CD Compilation back ?   Want the Metal CD Compilation back ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 3:36 am

MetalGuy71 wrote:

I kind of felt the same way but after my posts: Bands Not Mentioned in Heart Of Metal Pt. 1&2, I realize I have many bands that people on here don't know about.
Back to top Go down
TheGooch
nOOb master
TheGooch

Number of posts : 4429

PostSubject: Re: Want the Metal CD Compilation back ?   Want the Metal CD Compilation back ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 5:06 am

i would like to see the old metal massacre revived on cd but as i buy metal hammer every month i get a free compilation cd anyway so i dont need them and besides they never went away really
Back to top Go down
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

PostSubject: Re: Want the Metal CD Compilation back ?   Want the Metal CD Compilation back ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 12:30 pm

DallasBlack: Can't you use Windows Media Player?

Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Tall Tyrion

Number of posts : 3367

PostSubject: Re: Want the Metal CD Compilation back ?   Want the Metal CD Compilation back ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 2:39 pm

Locky wrote:

It's a new year, let your hair down and stop wiggling your arse.

Can't stop, the weasels are closing in!
Back to top Go down
DeathCult
Master Of The Crotch Grab
DeathCult

Number of posts : 6841

PostSubject: Re: Want the Metal CD Compilation back ?   Want the Metal CD Compilation back ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 7:35 pm

I like the idea of it, and I'd definately participate. Audio CD though.
Back to top Go down
http://www.deathbythrash.com

PostSubject: Re: Want the Metal CD Compilation back ?   Want the Metal CD Compilation back ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2008 7:39 pm

DeathCult wrote:
I like the idea of it, and I'd definately participate. Audio CD though.

Well put your name down in the Sticky Thread at the top of the page so you wont get left out,

Yes it's gonna be Audio CDs

Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

PostSubject: Re: Want the Metal CD Compilation back ?   Want the Metal CD Compilation back ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2008 12:08 am

kmorg wrote:
DallasBlack: Can't you use Windows Media Player?

Yeah Windows Media Player is working just fine but I can't seem to make any MP3/WMA discs anymore though (I only knew how to do that with Music Match in the first place).
Back to top Go down
A Handful of Wayne
Metal is Forever
A Handful of Wayne

PostSubject: Re: Want the Metal CD Compilation back ?   Want the Metal CD Compilation back ? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 27, 2008 3:17 pm

Does anyone want to get this up and going again?

PostSubject: Re: Want the Metal CD Compilation back ?   Want the Metal CD Compilation back ? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2