Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

MANTICORA ANYONE!!

Go down 
+4
MetalGuy71
scottmitchell74
juanmiguel
MetalRob331
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

Number of posts : 4830

MANTICORA ANYONE!! Empty
PostSubject: MANTICORA ANYONE!!   MANTICORA ANYONE!! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 4:50 am

Manticora are a power/progressive/thrash band all in one from Denmark this band just smokes and are way too unknown.

Heres a link to there myspace. Listen to Forever Carousel it is one of my fav metal songs ever.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=40419827
Back to top Go down
juanmiguel
Metal student
Metal student
juanmiguel

Number of posts : 147

MANTICORA ANYONE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANTICORA ANYONE!!   MANTICORA ANYONE!! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 6:22 am

Dude you're in luck!!!

I just interviewed the band. . . it's gonna be released befor new years in filipinometal.com. . . i'll post a link when it's up

the black circus albums are one of the finest concept records to come out in years!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

MANTICORA ANYONE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANTICORA ANYONE!!   MANTICORA ANYONE!! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 7:47 am

I have The Black Circus I and am planning on II.....they are fantastic!
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

MANTICORA ANYONE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANTICORA ANYONE!!   MANTICORA ANYONE!! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 8:46 am

Wow were the guys cool? Its funny they dont look like ur usual power metal band..
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

MANTICORA ANYONE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANTICORA ANYONE!!   MANTICORA ANYONE!! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 11:25 am

The only release I own by them is Darkness with Tales to Tell. I like it allot and would like to invest in more of their stuff, but you know the old excuse...so many bands, yada, yada, yada.
Back to top Go down
juanmiguel
Metal student
Metal student
juanmiguel

Number of posts : 147

MANTICORA ANYONE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANTICORA ANYONE!!   MANTICORA ANYONE!! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 11:55 am

MetalRob331 wrote:
Wow were the guys cool? Its funny they dont look like ur usual power metal band..

I interviewed the singer, lars. very nice guys. They're really into the current power metal scene (symphony x, iced earth, nevermore) but the band is musically rooted in bay area thrash. . . lots of bay area thrash.
Back to top Go down

MANTICORA ANYONE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANTICORA ANYONE!!   MANTICORA ANYONE!! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 2:08 pm

They have three albums with bonus tracks available on CD Baby for $5.
Back to top Go down
MetalGuy71
Bukkake Tsunami
MetalGuy71

Number of posts : 25557

MANTICORA ANYONE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANTICORA ANYONE!!   MANTICORA ANYONE!! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 2:12 pm

Eyesore wrote:

Yea, that's where I picked up Darkness... For $5 bucks I thought I'd give 'em a shot and I liked what I've heard, just haven't gone back for more. Too much newer music I still gotta get caught up on (Overkill, S. Bach, Monster Magnet, etc.) . Luckily I got me some gift cards burning a hole in my pocket.
Back to top Go down
MetalRob331
Dinky Do
MetalRob331

MANTICORA ANYONE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANTICORA ANYONE!!   MANTICORA ANYONE!! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 4:43 pm

Haha cd baby rulz
Back to top Go down
Wargod
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Wargod

Number of posts : 4272

MANTICORA ANYONE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANTICORA ANYONE!!   MANTICORA ANYONE!! Icon_minitimeThu Dec 27, 2007 7:26 pm

Awesome band I have 5 of their cds!

Wargod48
Back to top Go down
DallasBlack
Zooey Addict
DallasBlack

Number of posts : 17074

MANTICORA ANYONE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANTICORA ANYONE!!   MANTICORA ANYONE!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 9:08 am

These guys IMO put the speed in speed metal. I got Darkness... and Hyperion and I love them both (Nightmare records does good with the bands they sign), high quality speed/power/progressive/thrash (whatever you want to call it). The vocals aren't your typical high pitched power vocals but are deeper (like Amos but 1000 times better). If JOP and CIIC comes to Dallas then I will get to hear how Manticora is live. That makes me want to go to it even more. These guys are a band I will definatly keep my eye on.
Back to top Go down
http://rateyourmusic.com/~michelivannewcomb
kmorg
Metal is my Life
Metal is my Life
kmorg

Number of posts : 13862

MANTICORA ANYONE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANTICORA ANYONE!!   MANTICORA ANYONE!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2008 1:16 pm

I have 2 or 3 of their albums. They are great!

MANTICORA ANYONE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANTICORA ANYONE!!   MANTICORA ANYONE!! Icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2008 11:58 pm

Eyesore wrote:

I've got these three and they're awesome. Super deal, highly recommended you take a shot if you like aggressive, speedy, power/prog metal. C'mon three albums (all with bonus tracks from their OOP demo) for the price of one CD. Can't beat that with a schtick!!!
Back to top Go down
scottmitchell74
Jada Pinkett Smith's Cabana Boy
scottmitchell74

Number of posts : 9051

MANTICORA ANYONE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANTICORA ANYONE!!   MANTICORA ANYONE!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 9:34 am

We have two Metalguys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 insane

MANTICORA ANYONE!! 811939 confused Can't. Handle. It. Too. Much... pain.............. fainting
Back to top Go down
ghost
Metal master
Metal master
ghost

Number of posts : 814

MANTICORA ANYONE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANTICORA ANYONE!!   MANTICORA ANYONE!! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 16, 2008 11:54 am

Wow, what an excellent band. Another one for my always growing wishlist...

Thanks, MetalRob for mentioning them here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

MANTICORA ANYONE!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: MANTICORA ANYONE!!   MANTICORA ANYONE!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MANTICORA ANYONE!!
Page 1 of 1