Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

THE PIXIES

Go down 
+5
Wargod
T-Roy
Fat Freddy
MetalRob331
Shiney
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
rattpoison
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
rattpoison

Number of posts : 2682

THE PIXIES - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE PIXIES   THE PIXIES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2008 11:36 pm

Ha just found this thread. Not many things can match the pure thrill i got from the first time i listened to Surfer Rosa. Well possibly seeing them live reunited, last year in a intimate gig infront of a sold out crowd. The Pixies, the punks they are deliberately choosing a venue so small that they could sell it out 10 times over. I was lucky enough to get tickets since they sold out in 2 minutes! Also saw them play a festival with the New York Dolls aswell! When they were out here, talk about best gig ever!
Never heard a band sound so unique ever aswell, like some kinda overly melodic 60's pop surfedalica meets haunting southern voodoo gothic bluespunk soundscapes. And thats probably not discriptive enuff. Genuises.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: THE PIXIES   THE PIXIES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 10:27 pm

Found this thread on the Pixies, I sound like a broken record and will need find new adjectives but this a great band, there was always talk that they influenced Nirvana, not sure if that is true but I can somewhat hear in that soft/loud/soft type of songwriting Cobain seem to specialize in.
Discovered them a few years after they broke up, Surfer Rose one of the best alternative albums when the term really meant alternative and not marketing tool for weany record executives,
This board also proves metalheads are the most open minded when it comes to music look at the some bands we have discused on this board it is great.
Back to top Go down
Orion Crystal Ice
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Orion Crystal Ice

Number of posts : 4201

PostSubject: Re: THE PIXIES   THE PIXIES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2008 10:43 pm

Quote :
This board also proves metalheads are the most
open minded when it comes to music look at the some bands we have
discused on this board it is great.

Not a Pixies fan but I have to reply so I can agree with this. Sure, metalheads can be as myopic as anyone else, it just depends on the person...but I never ever see the same kind of eclectic taste in a general sense that I do at metal boards with any other sort of music.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE PIXIES   THE PIXIES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 11:37 pm

Their latest song also rules. It's called Bam Thwok and it was only sold online.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: THE PIXIES   THE PIXIES - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Aug 23, 2008 10:22 am

HAHAHA. I remember this thread! Wonder what ol' FLJ is up to? How many other boards has he been banned at? Probably just sticks to Blabbermouth, now, I would think.

Anyways, the Pixies rule. The version of "Wave" on the Pump up the Volume soundtrack slays, and is better than the original, imo. Every Frank Black solo album has moments of perfection on them as well. KD2K was OK [just wanted to put that sentence together]. I have a great quality boot of their first reunion show [from right here in Minneapolis - yes, I will never stop homering-up my town]. If someone wants to trade boots, let me know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: THE PIXIES   THE PIXIES - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

THE PIXIES
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2