Heart Of Metal
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

PIXIES NEW ALBUM? Hell has frozen over.....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
UNCLE SAXON'S KICKASS CDS
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

Number of posts : 2998

PIXIES NEW ALBUM?  Hell has frozen over..... Empty
PostSubject: PIXIES NEW ALBUM? Hell has frozen over.....   PIXIES NEW ALBUM?  Hell has frozen over..... Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 8:07 pm

UN-BE-FREAKING-LEAVE-ABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back to top Go down
Addy
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
Addy

Number of posts : 4214

PostSubject: Re: PIXIES NEW ALBUM? Hell has frozen over.....   PIXIES NEW ALBUM?  Hell has frozen over..... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 6:05 am

Ohhhhh no its not frozen over until the original lineup of GNR reunites and does a new album and tours once that happens then hell hath officially frozen over Smile
Back to top Go down
http://rockconnection.rocksolyd.com
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

Number of posts : 7234

PostSubject: Re: PIXIES NEW ALBUM? Hell has frozen over.....   PIXIES NEW ALBUM?  Hell has frozen over..... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 10:29 am

No Kim, which is a shame albeit an understandable one but I love this. I love most of Black Francis' stuff over the years.
Back to top Go down
manny
mini boss
mini boss
manny

Number of posts : 21101

PostSubject: Re: PIXIES NEW ALBUM? Hell has frozen over.....   PIXIES NEW ALBUM?  Hell has frozen over..... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 11:50 am

Huge Pixies fan and surprised they are releasing a new album. Just a few years ago Black Francis was stating that he had no interesting in recording new Pixies material, glad he changed his mind.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: PIXIES NEW ALBUM? Hell has frozen over.....   PIXIES NEW ALBUM?  Hell has frozen over..... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 2:09 pm

The Replacements tix went on sale today here, in the Twin Towns. Further example of the upcoming apocalypse. Now if Husker Du even starts a rumor - head for the hills!!!!!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: PIXIES NEW ALBUM? Hell has frozen over.....   PIXIES NEW ALBUM?  Hell has frozen over..... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 30, 2014 3:42 pm

I am a little worried that Joey Santiago is turning into Geoff Tate though!!  Shocked 

PIXIES NEW ALBUM?  Hell has frozen over..... 4Kx6xtdU
Back to top Go down
jstate
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood
jstate

Number of posts : 3361

PostSubject: Re: PIXIES NEW ALBUM? Hell has frozen over.....   PIXIES NEW ALBUM?  Hell has frozen over..... Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 9:27 am

Hard for me to get too excited about the Pixies without Kim Deal.  Which is strange because my favorite stuff from them is when Kim's contributions were pushed off to the side.  Bossanova and Trompe Le Monde are unheralded classics IMO.

I did get stoked when they added Kim Shattuck since I'm a big Muffs fan.  I was looking forward to what she would bring to the table but in reality there was no way someone like her would work with a dude like Black Francis.

I will always have respect for Deal and Francis though since apparently the only reason they reunited ten years ago for that tour was to give Santiago and Lovering (and most importantly their children) some of the riches  Deal and Frances were getting from royalties.  

I've always felt a re-united Husker Du would have one all-time classic record in them.  And the tension and personalties would make for a killer tour behind that record.

Now, if we can only get a re-united Babes In Toyland going.
Back to top Go down
Metal is in my blood
Metal is in my blood

PostSubject: Re: PIXIES NEW ALBUM? Hell has frozen over.....   PIXIES NEW ALBUM?  Hell has frozen over..... Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 9:57 am

Babes will happen. Husker? Never.

I see Kat and Lori hanging out at shows all the time. No bitterness at all. Pirner can make that happen with the snap of his fingers, I think.
Back to top Go down
Boris2008
Metal is Forever
Boris2008

PostSubject: Re: PIXIES NEW ALBUM? Hell has frozen over.....   PIXIES NEW ALBUM?  Hell has frozen over..... Icon_minitimeSat May 03, 2014 11:53 am

I could also handle another Martini's record. Smitten was great!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: PIXIES NEW ALBUM? Hell has frozen over.....   PIXIES NEW ALBUM?  Hell has frozen over..... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

PIXIES NEW ALBUM? Hell has frozen over.....
Page 1 of 1